Chapter 19: Epilogue

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

"Chu! Where are you taking me?"

Jisoo chortled keeping her hands atop the girl's eyes. She pushed her forward, leading her to where they had their last date as a fake couple.

Jisoo figured this is where she should have made the right choice: to choose Jennie over popularity. She was a different person back then, she was lucky that the universe gave her another chance.

"Just keep walking, Jen."

"I swear to god if I get hurt—"

"Just a few more steps I swear."

Jennie huffed, remaining silent the rest of the way.

Eventually, Jisoo stopped, releasing her hold on the girl's face, revealing a beautiful picnic in front of Jennie's eyes.

Jisoo watched her visage alter from annoyance to elation; it was like a kid in front of their birthday cake.

Jennie turned to Jisoo, a hand clamping .

"Is this what I think it is?"

Jisoo nodded, taking Jennie's hand and leading them to sit on the floor. They sat down, Jennie taking a feel of every detail at the sight. It wasn't the exact replica of their "last" date, it was a bit more extravagant. Unlike the previous date, there were dozens of candles bordering the picnic blanket and rose petals scattered around the area. Even with the small differences, some things remained the same, there was still the guitar that Jisoo used to sing a song for her.

"But why though?" Jennie finally asked.

Jisoo beamed at her, her eyes in a crescent. "This was the first mistake I made with you: letting you go and choosing something I shouldn't have."

Jennie remained silent, her eyes oozing with admiration.

"So, I wanted to recreate it. Make the right choice this time," Jisoo said, picking up the guitar from behind her and playing a melody different from last time.

Jennie knows the melody, it was her favourite song.

(H.E.R - Rather Be)

"Thoughts of you running through my head, As I lie awake in my bed."

She listened to the honey vocal that rung through her ears. She watched as Jisoo kept her eyes planted on her pair; how her fingers moved on its own, fluidly switching from chord to chord. It was a beautiful sight.

"There's nowhere I'd rather be than here with you, you, you."

'Me too,' Jennie thought.

"There's no place I'd rather be."

With that, Jisoo strum the last chord, setting the guitar down and pulling Jennie in for a chaste kiss. The kiss was just a distraction for what she really had planned out.

She gripped onto the small box in her blazer pocket, her lips remain planted on Jennie's. She pulled back, opening the box and extending it towards Jennie.

Jennie's eyes widened at the object: it was the same three-banded ring Jisoo wore but in the box, there was a question, 'Prom?'

The raven-haired's eyes brimmed with water, unable to form words she nodded, encircling her arms around Jisoo's neck.

Jisoo laughed, her hands naturally clasping on Jennie's waist. "Wait, Jen, you have to wear it."

Jennie grinned, the waterworks already making its way down her face.

"Baby if this is your reaction to a promise ring then how would you react when I actually propose to you?"

Jennie's eyes bulged at the suggestion. "Yah Chu! Are you asking me to marry you?"

The brunette froze. "I mean I will eventually but for now, let's stick to taking you to prom."

Jennie grinned, tugging at Jisoo's blazer before locking her arms around Jisoo's neck. The latter reflected the same expression, leaning down at Jennie for another kiss.

Maybe she should have just proposed right then. Then she would have the girl for all of eternity. But Jisoo already knew that within a glance of Jennie's doe eyes, she didn't need four words to claim what was already hers.

Besides they already shared the same last name.

-----AN-----

Thank you for reading the story! Please stay tuned for future projects that I've already started working on. It involves:

ChaeLisa story

- Part Two to my other unfinished story (Jensoo: Love Scenario)

- WenRene short story (I've gotten a little obsessed with them recently)

Again thank you to everyone who read the story! I hope you all enjoyed it.