Chapter 10

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

It had been three weeks since that day. The day that Jennie had finally shown her true self to Jisoo. After that day, all of their dates had been completely and incredulously amazing. In other's eyes, they were a lovesick couple, and they acted like one too. But individually, to each other, they had hoped that it was real but merely did not confess it.

Finally, the day that they had wished would never come had inevitably presented itself: their last date. Today, it was Jisoo's choice and she had come up with a perfect idea—one that she had always plotted for her real girlfriend, but never had the chance to actually fulfill. Except now.

The brunette borrowed her dad's car, hiding her autographed guitar in the back—the one that she'd finally been able to purchase after Ms. Kim's previous payment.

She had blindfolded Jennie and lead her downstairs, only telling her the generic parts of her plan.

"I can't believe you won't tell me where we're going," she said. Jisoo giggled, the captivating melody sending jitters to the girl's stomach.

"I'm starting to get nervous now," Jennie admitted, the reason unbeknownst to her. Maybe it was the undisclosed date or maybe it was the close proximity of Jisoo's body. Regardless of which, she was still very nervous.

Since today was going to be their last date, she thought to try harder on her appearance than any other. So she opted to wear her most attractive, most enthralling yet cute and yet casual attire. It was a white off shoulder chiffon dress with an elastic waist band that accentuated her curves. It highlighted her most prominent features: her collarbone and her slim waist. And, it was short enough that it emphasized the length of her legs.

To Jennie, this was Jisoo's last wake up call because never would Jennie admit her feelings to anyone, only others would to her. But never was Jennie this desperate for someone to admit their feelings to her, the emotions alone almost made her confess to the brunette. However, reality got in the way—her status, her dead yet still living relationship with Nayeon and this whole deal. The deal she wished would have never happened.

The two finally settled in the car, the dark-haired female still blind folded. Jisoo ignited the engine, signalling the beginning of their date.

"What are we doing? Horseback riding?" Jennie asked. She figured that if the girl would not tell her where they were going, then she could at least make some guesses even if the brunette were to deny all of it. Anything to hear her voice.

"Mm-mm"

"A carnival?"

"Nope." Jisoo beamed at the girl's relentlessness. "Since it's our last date, I thought we could check out one of my favourite places."

"Well can I take off my blindfold now?"

"No...my favourite place won't be a secret anymore. Where's the fun in that?"

Jennie frowned. "I think we've already shared the worst secret you'll ever have."

Jisoo chuckled. "I wouldn't say this secret we have js the worst, I've quite liked it actually."

'Is she...' Jennie began in her thoughts.

"You've been an amazing friend to me and this is at least what I can do for you," Jisoo let out, unintentionally disappointing Jennie's hopes.

"Mmm" the girl responded, the tone not sounding disappointed nor indifferent.

The two rode out the rest of the journey with small conversations—talks of the their plans after high school and what type of lives they wanted to lead. Eventually the car came to a stop, with Jisoo groaning.

"Let me guess...we ran out of gas?" Jennie joked, still unable to see beneath her blindfold.

Jisoo laughed, finally releasing the knot on Jennie's blindfold. At first, Jennie was in awe of the beauty in front of her but as she looked behind that beauty she saw an even bigger beauty, a beautiful scenery that laid out Seoul's skyline. As Jennie analyzed her surroundings she realized they were at a desolate part of Jamwon Park, especially since there were fences just a few feet from where they were parked at.

"Jisoo, I thought we outlawed these kinds of things. I'm wearing a dress you know." Jennie commented, running her hand down the dress she currently wore.

"Yes Jennie, I can see that. But don't worry I won't have your pretty appearance disheveled. I know another way in."

The brunette got out of the car and went over to Jennie's side, opening the door for her and leading her to the secret passage.

There were multiple cuts in the fence and Jisoo pushed on them slightly so that Jennie could enter without having any rips in her dress. As soon as the ebony-haired female made her way in, Jisoo took out the black piece of cloth and proceeded to blind fold the girl once more.

"Really? Again with this thing? I'm starting to think that you have a kink."

The brunette laughed, tightening the knot on the cloth. "Just stay put, I'll be right back."

"Wait—You're just gonna leave me here? Jisoo I thought you had more decency than that." Jennie yelled aloud, not receiving any responses. She really left?!

"Yah Jisoo!" she called out once more and just as she was about to get more upset, a hand was placed in hers and dragged her until Jisoo stopped. The latter released her hold on Jennie's hand consequently saddening the girl. Meanwhile, Jennie stood still asking a bunch of questions which remained unanswered as Jisoo scuffled with her belongings.

Finally, the scuffling turned into silence with Jisoo walking over to Jennie and lifting the blindfold. Jennie opened her eyes to a candle-lot picnic set up by the river with the sun spewing out hues of pink and orange. It was definitely the most beautiful date she has ever been on.

The dark-haired girl turned around to hug the brunette but was halted in her actions when she saw the big guitar case that hung on her back.

"Why do you have a guitar?" the curious girl inquired as Jisoo set her down on the red and white plaid blanket.

Jisoo placed her guitar case on the sand and opened up the picnic basket, handing a triangle kimbap over to Jennie.

"Eat first and I'll explain later."

Jennie did as told and took a bite from the nourishment. It satisfied her hunger but not her curiosity so she ate quickly, her speed surprising Jisoo.

"Okay, are you that eager to know?"

The dark-haired girl nodded, rubbing her arms to ignite some heat. Jisoo quickly took notice and slipped off her brown parka, placing it around the girl's shoulders.

"Y-you don't have to. I'm fine."

Jisoo chuckled, swallowing her food before speaking. "Totally."

Jennie rolled her eyes, clenching the jacket tighter and feeling bad for not bringing her own jacket. She looked up at Jisoo with guilty eyes.

"Don't worry, my sweater is very warm and thick. I'll live."

"Okay, I believe you...but are you gonna tell me about that?" Jennie gestured to the guitar, laying on the ground up pebbles.

Jisoo shook her head. "I'm not yet finished eating, so nope."

Jennie groaned and made small conversation while Jisoo swallowed her meal. The amount of food coming out of the picnic backer seemed endless and even when they shared it, there still seemed to be so much more. Eventually, the sun hit the horizon and the pair had finally finished devouring whatever was in the hand woven basket.

Jisoo took a sip of her water and unclasped the latches on the black leather case, revealing the golden oak guitar with a black-ink signature on its soundboard. The brunette placed it on her lap, tuning it and then strumming each string on the instrument.

"What are you—,"

Jisoo interrupted the girl with a hush and began to strum a mellow melody, harmonious and euphonic. Jennie remained in her seat not wanting to pry further, wanting this moment for Jisoo.

The brunette strummed a couple more bars before she began to sing.

What should I do about you?
I haven't felt this way
Up and down a lot, I can't control myself
One thing is for sure I don't play the game

Jennie intently listened to the lyrics.

People say we're so weird
I just like you so much
You know it so well and control me
So do I

'She likes me?' Jennie thought, her face lighting up as Jisoo sang.

We're in a very weird and strange relationship
We crush each other 
And hug each other

She giggled at the mention of strange relationships because they indeed began one unusually.

"You got me feeling like a psycho," Jisoo ended, waiting for a reaction from Jennie.

And immediately the latter clapped, whooping and cheering as if she was Jisoo's number one fan.

"I didn't know you sang and played guitar!"

Jisoo set down the instrument and hugged her knees. "Just like your secret, I have my own."

Jennie sniffled, the coldness of the air getting to her. "You're talented," the girl admitted.

The brunette giggled and relayed her gratitude. "Thank you, but we need to go before you end up catching a cold."

Like that, the two packed up and ran inside the warmth of the car with Jisoo grabbing a blanket from the trunk and wrapping it around Jennie.

"Thank you," she said as Jisoo continued to wrap her in the blanket, unintentionally causing them to embrace.

The close presence of Jisoo's neck allowed Jennie to catch a whiff of her perfume. Like everything else about the girl, the scent was captivating and addicting. Her heart began to pound harder and faster, almost prying itself out of her chest. Finally, Jisoo lifted herself and sat back in her driver's seat.

They both sat in silence as they allow the car to heat up.

Jennie spoke first, sighing. "There's something we need to discuss."

Jisoo looked at her with eager eyes. "I was wondering when you'd bring this up. I'm new to all this so I'm gonna have to rely on your experience."

Jennie's eyes lit up, assuming that they were on the same page—that Jisoo also had wanted this relationship to be real.

"Let's just do it naturally," she suggested. "With no planning."

Jisoo bobbed her head, humming. "How do we do that? This is my first break up like ever."

The words that came out of was nothing that Jennie had expected. Evidently, her heart sunk, her mind filled with disappointment.

"Right. That's exactly what I was thinking about. The break up. Us ending our fake relationship."

Jisoo put her hands to and ran her fingers through her hair. Her expression shocked and amazed. "I mean, I don't even know who ever believed it."

Jennie glanced over at her, wanting to refuse the truth that came out of . "Us going out? You, me? Yeah right," she said, monotonously.

The pale-skinned teen shrugged and turned to the wheel, beginning their journey back home. All throughout their ride they staged scenarios with Jisoo being too ecstatic and Jennie not wanting to take part at all. They were at opposite spectrums of emotions and were not going to meet in the middle any time soon.

The car came to a stop in front of their apartment building and before Jennie could leave the car, Jisoo pulled her back in an embrace. Immediately, Jennie wanted to confess her true emotions—that she didn't want to do this, that they should really give this a try. But she didn't. Because this isn't what Jisoo wanted.

"Okay so really, how should we do it? Stage a big fight? Have a lovers quarrel?"

Jennie sighed. "No, we don't have anything to fight about."

"That's fine... we can make something up. Let's see what do couples fight about?"

'Not wanting to break up,' Jennie thought. "Well. We wouldn't want to damage your reputation," she let out instead somewhat sarcastically.

Clearly Jisoo didn't take notice and beamed at the idea of having a reputation.

"Reputation?" she repeated.

"I think a small dignified ceremony..." Jennie began, trailing off as she noticed that Jisoo wasn't listening.

"Me?" the brunette said aloud.

Jennie had enough and got out of the car, leaving the girl to bring everything upstairs by herself. It clearly didn't seem to bother her since she still wore the same smile as she packed up the belongings in the trunk.

"I can't believe this a reputation," Jennie heard Jisoo mumble to herself.

She made her way to the doors and heard Jisoo express her muffled gratitude from the other side of the door. The girl gave a thumbs up, not even sparing a glance at the girl behind her.

This was a reality check for Jennie. She didn't deserve the love that she wanted and this was the universe's sign. She was used and she was the one who lost.

——-AN——-
This is a fairly long chapter :/ But hey guys YG confirmed an early comeback for BP.

Yayyyyyy. Btw the song was the English lyrics for RVs Psycho.