Chapter 3

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

JENNIE'S POV

"And freeze! Good! Take a 5 everyone!" The breathless brunette called out.

The dance team dispersed, all doing their different activities while the trio clumped in the corner where the rest of their stuff was placed.

"That looked good..." Jennie commented, taking a sip of her lemon water as the pair sat beside her. They were giggling, laughing and gossiping like the teenage girls they were, that is until they were interrupted by a mere admirer and best friend of Jennie.

"Hey lovely ladies!" He called out to the trio, before turning to the brunette herself, "Ms. Jennie Kim..." The brown-haired boy eyed her body up and down, "looking good, like I knew you would."

Jennie nodded, giving him her most famous eye smile, "Thank you!" she uttered, insincerely. She knew he was a flirt but he was useful in maintaining her status as the most popular girl in school. Her squad was known not to be challenged or talked to, it was them who chose who sat where, who ate with who and who is able to talk to who; they were the empresses with their respective emperors. But the only thing was, one of them was the conqueror, ruler of them all, and who would that be other than Jennie.

"Why don't you take a shower Jaebum? A cold one?" Jennie added.

Before JB could respond, Jackson and Youngjae came up behind him, interrupting their conversation.

"That was an amazing flip, we're going to finals, no question!" Yugyeom complimented, slapping Jackson's hand, and bumping their chests together like the boys they were. The three boys were preoccupied with rehearsals for their WOD Korea competition; the competition where the best dance teams from different schools and companies would come together to battle it out in front of a very judgemental crowd.

Now that the squad was together, Jennie took this opportunity to disclose a certain gathering. She nudged the blonde who sat beside her, "Hey tell them about the party!" she whispered.

Lisa mirrored Jennie's excited expression and turned back to the group of boys, gathering their attention, "Hey guys! Back to school party at my place!"

Jaebum flashed a smile, "I'm definitely there!"

Lisa grimaced uttering an "I'm thrilled" before glaring at Jennie to convey her annoyed expression. Jennie just let out an agreeing giggle.

The group of boys adjusted their attention towards the group of girls behind the trio, their arms around each others' shoulders as they left their mouths agape, "Check it out guys...new recruits! Being a senior is gonna be a beautiful thing."

The girls rolled their eyes as yet again they fail to meet their expectations. Sometimes they wonder why they even hang out with these guys.

JISOO'S POV

The two girls strolled the empty hallways with stacks of books in their arms.

"Think about it Chaeng! This is supposed to be the biggest year of our lives! The proms, the parties, homecoming. We're supposed to have memories!" Jisoo gleefully explained.

Chaeyoung shook her head, wondering what had gotten to the bestfriend she knew and grew up with.

"Memories? We'll have plenty memories." she justified. "Look, we have the yearbook committee, video parlor, card games on Saturday nights."

Jisoo scoffed, "Cards are for losers..."

Chaeyoung halted in her footsteps, her eyebrows knitting together as she stared at her best friend.

The brunette laughed, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it that way."

The chipmunk shrugged, resuming with her stroll in the hallway.

"We do have a lot of great memories, but be honest...Wouldn't you like to be popular?" Jisoo suggested.

"And have to be in a clique?" Chaeyoung added. "No."

"What happened to us? We were all friends in elementary."

"That's because we were all forced to be in the same room together. But hey, junior high? High school? Forget it. Jocks became jocks, cheerleaders became cheerleaders and us? We became us. I like us."

The pair turned the corner at the end of the hallway, finding their way to the library.

"I LiKe uS," Jisoo mimicked, earning a giggle from the red-haired girl. "I just think it would be more fun to party with those guys our senior year."

The two set their books on the table, patting down their scrunched up shirts. "Go to the games..." Jisoo continued.

"We go to all the games..."

"We sit in the visiting section, Chaeng, at our own school."

The chipmunk stood still, attempting to argue back but eventually lifted a finger to her chin.

----

VROOM!

The two girls rode their bikes back to Jisoo's before being rudely interrupted by a polished, black Scion Fr-S 2018 who rode beside them. They halted as a mother and her son walked down the cross walk.

"Look!" Chaeyoung gestured towards the slick back car. "If you want to be popular, you get one of those."

The engine roared and a window was lowered, revealing a couple in their mid-20s both too attractive for their age, especially the woman sitting in the passenger seat.

"And you get one of those..." Jisoo added, winking at the girl in the car. The girl smirked before her boyfriend sped past them, leaving the two stuck in their own fantasy land. They resumed their bike ride, rolling down the hills of the neighbourhood.

"My fifteen hundred dollars couldn't even afford the wheel." Jisoo commented.

Chaeyoung smiled, "You can rent one of them you know!"

"Yeah!"

Eventually the pair made it to the front of the apartment building where her father was cleaning his precious 2005 Toyota Camry. Jisoo gestured the girl to run upstairs while she talked to her dad.

She rolled her bike towards him where he was wiping down one of the back windows of the car. "Looks um...clean dad," she commented, attempting to flatter him.

"Thanks Jis!" he said, scrunching up the drenched towel. "You know...anytime you wanna borrow this little beauty for a night on the town, it's yours."

Jisoo smiled, "Thanks! By the way Chaeyoung is over...just letting you know."

"Okay! I'll see you both upstairs."

"By the way you missed a spot dad!" She joked as her father frantically searched the car doors for any dirt that was left.

JENNIE'S POV

DING! DONG!

"Ill get it mom!" She yelled aloud, hoping it was one of her friends who promised to come over to help her get ready. To her surprise, it was an unfamiliar man that stood in front of her doorstep. He wore a white button up, and his physique was not so pleasing to say the least, to top it off, he wore a smug smile that internally sent vomit to Jennie's mouth. She shuddered his face off her mind and walked into the living room where her mother wore a slim black dress that perfectly fit around her curves.

"Mother! Someone's here for you..."

Her mom walked towards the door and gave a lingering peck on the unidentified man's cheek.

"I see beauty runs in this family..." he jested, eyeing both the mother and daughter figure. "And it surely runs fast." he added.

Her mother laughed while Jennie stifled a cringe. "Rock...I see you've met my little baby."

"Baby? I thought she was your little sister!"

Jennie's internal vomit almost literally came out of . She cleared , and admiringly looked at her mother, "Mommy...Can I borrow one of your designer dresses tonight?"

Her mother's gentle expression immediately hardened and forcefully attempted a smile, "I said no, Jennie," she grunted through her gritted teeth.

"Okay..." the girl whispered, pushing both of them out of the door and immediately running to the closet once she confirmed their presence left.

She ran her delicate fingers down the arms of the arranged hangers, specifically looking for one particular dress she's been eyeing on since her mother purchased it. It was a Chanel white cocktail dress, tight around the curves and made from cashmere silk fabric, it was her mom's most beloved dress costing her $1500 and her mom never liked dresses unless she designed them.

Her fingers trailed until it found them hung far back into the walk in closet where the rest of her branded and designed dresses were placed.

"Aha! Hear it is..." Jennie mumbled, unclasping it from the rungs of the closet walls and in her hands. The brunette loved the soft feeling that ran through her fingers, and she would love it more to be wearing it, boasting it to all of the other people in the party, further making her as the most untouchable girl of the school.

Truly what was set to happen on that night would forever change her life.