Chapter 14

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

"Alright, we set up there?" Yugyeom asked from the driver's seat of his mom's retro van.

"Yeah," Jackson responded from the makeshift table in the back of the vehicle.

They were currently driving towards an anonymous location, at least anonymous only to Jisoo. They mentioned something about a Halloween tradition that they would like the girl to participate in but some part of the brunette was concerned with the whole getup: all-black attire, surgery masks to cover their faces and a bunch of brown paper bags that protruded an acrid and pungent odour. She agreed to their Halloween tradition because it'd mean that she was accepted by the group, but now that she's actually taking part, she was having some doubts. Regardless of it, she convinced herself that whatever they were plotting was harmless and hopefully not incriminating.

Jackson got up from his makeshift roundtable and crawled over towards the brunette who leaned against the metal wall of the vehicle. Seeming that there were no chairs except for the two in the front, Jisoo opted to get as far away from the pungent odour as possible and that was behind the driver's seat. Of course, this idea of hers was devastated when the teen now inched his way towards her.

"Check it out," he said, bringing up the white plastic bag from his hands to her face.

Any second now, Jisoo was ready to hurl her breakfast on his war-painted face.

"We got spoilt tomatoes, rotten eggs and behind there," he gestured to the pile of brown bags. "The bomb!"

Jisoo internally gagged. "Human feces?"

Jackson frowned, "No, doggy doo. But it's just as efficient. You wanna see?"

The brunette immediately shifted towards the front of the van and jumped in the passenger seat, offering a startled Yugyeom a smile.

She settled in her seat in an upright position and then turned towards the driver. "Where are we heading?"

Yugyeom spared her a glance, a smug grin on his face. "We have done the same house four years in a row. It's like a tradition now, huh Jackson?"

"You know it!" the male yelled from the back.

The brunette shook her head and leaned it against the window. What has she gotten herself into?

-----

Contrary to the guys' hectic events of the night, the girls opted for a calmer and relaxed evening. So, they drove towards an evening spa in the town. Of course with all three girls being involved with a certain someone, the subject of that someone would inevitably be mentioned. And coincidentally, that someone was being talked about right now.

Irene turned in her seat to glare at the blonde behind her. "Lisa! Jisoo said that you said that friends share. You've had her for two weeks.

"You mean, she's attacked him for two weeks," Jennie grumbled, tightening the grip on her steering wheel at the mention of her name.

"Woah! Wait a minute!" Lisa interjected. "First of all, if I recall correctly...you still have Nayeon. Secondly, you let go of Jisoo, so that makes her public property."

Jennie glanced at her rearview mirror to scowl at the blonde's reflection. "That's really romantic. I mean, she sounds like a restroom," the cat-eyed female rebuked.

Lisa remained silent at the girl's statement and huffed.

The dark-haired female continued at the sight of the blonde's retreat. "First of all, I don't have Nayeon. And secondly, I didn't think that my best friends would be draped all over her like a cheap—"

"Why not Jen?" Irene interrupted, not angrily but in an effusive manner. "She's cute, sweet—"

"Good," Lisa added, biting her lip. She knew that what she said annoyed the other two but that's exactly what she wanted, for them to know that she has crossed something they haven't. She looked at the two who eyed her with disappointment.

"Oh come on, you guys. A lady never talks."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, next time I see one, I'll remember that."

Irene snickered and held a hand up to while Lisa scoffed, leaning back on her chair as she remained silent for the rest of the ride.

-----

"There's the target," Yugyeom notified, staring at a house across the street.

Jisoo's eyes widen at the sight of said target. It was a familiar house that she frequently visited until recently. It was Chaeyoung's house.

"Oh ," the brunette mumbled under her breath. "Y-you know, I know a better house. It's not very far from here. It's right down this str—"

She was stopped by a grip on her arm, it was Yugyeom's hand.

"Our senior year. Our last mission. The final bomb," he let out, his eyes never leaving his target.

Jackson patted her on the shoulder. "It's tradition and . Let's go!"

They got out of the vehicle, ducking behind its large frame as they plot a play to perform their act.

"Listen up. We divert 'em on each flank, and you," he babbled, holding the paper bag in front of the brunette. "You bomb the front door."

Jisoo groaned. "No! I won't do it!"

"I told you she wouldn't do it!" Jackson angrily whispered to Yugyeom.

"You're still a nerd, huh?" Yugyeom asked, pushing the right buttons to persuade Jisoo.

No, she's not a nerd anymore, New Jisoo can do this. She shouldn't give a about whose house this belongs to, it's all just for fun.

"Give me the !" she exclaimed, all riled up, earning soft cheers from the two boys.

The two boys laughed as they made their way to their stations. Jisoo's being behind a tree, adjacent to the front door.

"Now!" Yugyeom called out from a distance as both boys began to hurl rotten tomatoes and eggs at the residence. "Come on Jis!"

"I don't want to do this...I'm sorry Chaeng," she muttered under her breath, clenching onto the bag and walked closer to the door, catapulting it as it made a big splat of brown feces onto the wooden door.

She heard cheers as she ran back to the vehicle but soon stopped when she found herself being crushed by a big fishing net above her.

"I got one!" a piping voice let out from behind a bush.

Jisoo knew whose voice that was and quickly began to pry the object off of her. It didn't help that her limbs were tangled in places that she couldn't figure out but one thing was for sure, she needed to leave right now.

A trail of hurried footsteps made her way and Jisoo braced herself to meet her demise. The footsteps stopped and the brunette forcefully pried her eyes open to meet her best friend's. There it was: Chaeyoung's look of disappointment. The red-haired girl looked down at her, paralyzed at the sight.

"I'm comin!" Chaeyoung's dad yelled out, trying to dodge the eggs being hurled at him.

Her dad's voice snapped her out of her trance, reflexively being the great friend that she was, she untangled Jisoo out of the net, watching as the brunette scurried towards the vehicle with her friends.

She remained on the ground, kneeling at the dirt as her eyes brimmed with water. The red-haired female was beyond disappointment, she was disheartened.

"Where is that bastard?!" an angered voice was trailing towards her direction. Immediately she wiped away her tears and picked up the net, still facing towards the vehicle that was present a second ago.

"There must've been a hole," she lied, dejected.

The grown male sighed and put a hand on her shoulder, lightly patting it. "We'll get 'em next time."

"I don't think they'll be back."

-----

Jisoo groaned and fidgeted in her seat as they made their way back to her house. She was in complete discomfort not about the situation but herself.

She glanced at her hands, analyzing them, persuading herself that it wasn't her doing; that whatever she did, it was someone else in her body who forced her to. The brunette was in utter disbelief; she couldn't believe that she could do such a thing to her best friend. Even she began to question her true identity.

"Yo that was sick!" Jackson cheered, patting Jisoo on the back.

"You are officially no longer a nerd!" Yugyeom added, lightly punching her arm.

The brunette forced a smile, "Thanks."

She found it funny how miserable her state was now that she was officially accepted into the group. She expected confetti cannons and sounds of trumpets playing in her head when they made this announcement but all she felt was guilt and regret.

But the worst of it all was the fact that even when she felt guilt and regret, she still wanted to be a part of it, she still wanted to fit in. 

-----AN-----

I think I'm almost done this story.