Chapter 4

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

JISOO'S POV

"Jisoo not at the table please," her mom let out. Almost immediately, Jisoo neatly compiled her music sheets and set them on the counter behind her.

Her family was having one of their once-a-week dinner where the whole family is required to eat at the dinner table. This was to make up for the amount of times where they couldn't see each other throughout the week. However, currently, Jisoo was too immersed in drawing up lyrics and melodies to complete one of her songs.

"So..." her father began, "Have you saved up enough money for that guitar yet?"

Jisoo offered him a warm smile as she picked at the pasta in front of her. "Yes, fifteen hundred dollars and I owe it all to Ms. Kim and generous compensations."

Her mother looked up from her plate, "How much was that thing again?"

The young girl gave her an inquisitive look. "Guitar?"

"Yes, guitar."

"It's a thousand dollars and it's on sale. I'm probably going to invest the rest in some cheap mic and other equipment."

Her dad placed a hand on her shoulder, "I'm proud of you my daughter, but don't forget that we do need some sleep in this household. So, please don't be playing at night."

Jisoo smiled and nodded, "Don't worry dad."

"Do you have any back-to-school gatherings planned?," her mom asked before stuffing with a forkful of pasta.

"Yes, I am going to have a movie night accompanied with some homework at Chaeng's tomorrow."

Her mother frowned, chewing a bit more before she spoke. "That's lovely sweetie, but don't you want to try something new? Like going to a party?"

Jisoo sighed and shrugged but still presented her mom a consoling smile as a way of saying "It's fine."

-----

"And the answer is 3 squared slash 9," a fragile voice let out, breaking Jisoo's concentration from solving her own mathematical problem. Not that there was much to break, the girl has been dozing off thinking about the "what if's" of her senior resolution.

"Hey Chu, did you get the answer to this problem?" Chaeyoung asked, with no response received. 

"Chu?" she repeated. "Chu!"

Jisoo finally broke from her thoughts. "Chaeng, we should do something different."

"What do you mean?"

Jisoo set her books aside and faced the red-haired girl. "We've been doing movie nights slash homework night for two years..." the girl stopped in her statement as soon as she saw the glimpse of disappointment in Chaeyoung's eyes.

"Um, and it's been fun, we should watch this new movie tonight."

Instantly, the innocent girl's eyes lit up, "Sure! After we finish this calc homework though."

Jisoo smiled and sunk back in her seat, opening her textbooks to reveal the plethora of equations to be solved.

JENNIE'S POV

The brunette sat by the kitchen counter with Lisa and Irene who were repeatedly complimenting her for the gorgeous dress she stole from her mom's closet.

"Wow! It feels so nice!" Lisa praised.

"It's no big deal..." Jennie replied, taking a sip of vodka from her cup. "Nayeon actually sent it to me from LA. They have expensive silk there."

The blonde roamed her hand around Jennie's back, taking a good feel of the material. "Clearly."

Irene tilted her head, her eyebrows knitted together. "I don't remember this. I was just in your closet yesterday."

"Um... I think I hid it somewhere else," Jennie stammered. "Sorry, give me a second ladies, I've got to go to the washroom," she added, not letting Irene speculate any further.

"My mom would never let me wear something like that," Lisa mentioned loud enough for Jennie to hear.

"Mine either," the brunette mumbled as she made her way to the living room.

Jennie was inches away from the bathroom before a heavily intoxicated Jaebum bumped into her, spilling his cherry red cocktail on her white dress. Definitely, not a combination that goes well together. Jennie jumped back and gave Jaebum a menacing glare.

"S-sorry Jen! Don't worry, you can rub some salt on it and it'll be all okay," he advised, slurring his words.

The dark-haired female internally screamed and if it weren't for the amount of eyes in her direction, she would easily strangle this so called man in front of her. 

She angrily pushed past him, heading towards the bathroom followed with a big slam, indicating to everyone that she was very upset.

Instantly, she stripped off her dress and ran warm water over the stain, rubbing it and hoping that it would miraculously disappear. 

"Goddamnit!" she grunted, releasing the piece of fabric from her hands. "I'm so ing dead..." 

She sighed and slid her back against the bathroom door, consequently falling to the ground.

-----

Jisoo had been roaming around the store for about an hour now, still contemplating about purchasing Ji-Eun's signed guitar or the newly released raven-coloured guitar which Ji-Eun had recently purchased— as shown on her instagram. Although it was new, the girl was still drawn to the autographed guitar.

"The strings on this guitar are steel but we can replace them to bronze if you would like," the merchant added, on top of the already long list of suggestions he had offered her the past hour. For reasons Jisoo didn't know, he was very insistent on selling this guitar.

The brunette hummed and placed a finger on her chin. She was set on purchasing the guitar before her attention caught elsewhere, to a certain dark-haired girl across the shop from where she was right now. Jennie?

She watched the girl in her frantic composure. She had never seen Jennie this panicked or in disarray, it intrigued her further.

"Umm....I'll be right back..."

"I can wrap it up for you!" the merchant cried out before Jisoo left the store.

The girl took a few steps across the mall and entered the store where a teenage girl was indignantly requesting for an exchange.

"Please! I just need to exchange this dress with that one." She pointed to a clothed mannequin behind the counter, displaying the same dress she had in her hands. Jisoo eyed the sign above it, plastering "$1000."

"I truly relate to your dilemma miss, but unfortunately we do not do exchanges..." the worker disclosed, pulling the stained dress closer to her face. "Especially, one stained with cherry flavoured vodka?"

Jennie growled in desperation. "I will work after school and the weekends. I just need that dress in advance. Please!"

The worker sighed and stepped further back from the counter to possibly avoid an attack from the exasperated teenager. "Sorry ma'am but I will repeat your alternatives one more time: You can keep your alcohol stained garment or you can purchase the new one." 

The girl sighed, knowing that she currently did not have the funds to purchase such an expensive dress. "Would you please help me...I will do anything."

"I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do."

Jennie rested her head in her palms. This is it, there was no other choice but to start picking what type of wood she would like to make her coffin out of, because she was truly dead.

Amidst all this, Jisoo was intently spectating, her heart breaking at the thought that she would be losing her most beloved guitar. She pulled out the wad of cash from her purse, counting it once more to make sure she had all ten hundred dollars. The girl walked towards the counter, surprising Jennie with her actions.

Great! Did she see all that? Jennie rolled her eyes and opened to speak but stopped when she noticed that Jisoo's attention was fixated on the worker she recently argued with.

"Excuse me," she started, gathering the attention of both Jennie and the female worker. "I would like to buy that dress on the mannequin." She displayed her wad of cash and inched closer towards Jennie.

Immediately, upon hearing the request, the worker began to undress the mannequin. Meanwhile, an infuriated brunette was ready to manhandle the female that stood beside her. Jisoo tried her best to ignore it.

The worker turned to Jisoo with a wrapped Chanel box and placed it on the counter. "Gift for someone?"

Jisoo smiled, still feeling the wrath of an aggravated teen beside her. "Yes. It's for her," she answered, pointing to the same aggravated teen who suddenly softened her expressions.

"Me?" Jennie asked. "Why would you do this for me?"

Jisoo finally turned her attention to Jennie, smiling at the sudden change of attitude. "I'm not buying it for you, I'm actually buying you."

-----AN-----

I really wanna wrap this story up because I do have new projects I want to start on, but New Years' resolution is to finish all the stories I have yet to complete. So please do mind the incorrect grammar because I am not going to proofread this story.