Chapter 12

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

'Can't buy me love~' the song boomed from Jisoo's compact speaker. The upbeat song matching her upbeat mood.

Today was the first day that Jisoo would be strolling down the hallways with her new reputation as playgirl slash heartbreaker. She owed all of it to Jennie, of course. All morning, she dwelled on their conversation yesterday and made a promise not to change herself. Of course, it didn't mean that she wouldn't need to try hard on her appearance. I mean, it doesn't hurt to look good does it?

The brunette sported a black leather jacket and a tight white crop that emphasized her midriff. Today, she would be taking in the qualities of her reputation as a bad girl and embodying it in her outfit. She complimented her top with some ripped black jeans and a gold buckled belt. Then topping it all off with her black doc martens, which Jennie had disclosed was actually a reputable brand. In fact, she even received some brownie points from the brunette for having even owned a pair.

Jisoo tugged lightly at the brim of her jacket and entered the "cool" hallway where the jocks and cheerleaders awaited her presence. They all turned to her, praising the outfit as she caught some handshakes from football players and gushes from female sophomores.

"How ya doin?" Jisoo haughtily asked the bystanders as she flashed them with her smile.

Eventually, she found her gang down the hall where they hung around the trophy case.

"Looking good Jisoo!" Irene admired, pulling on the zipper of Jisoo's jacket consequently bringing her closer.

The brunette smiled a little too wide with the overwhelming contact she received from the girl. The blonde behind her didn't lag too far when she walked up to her, roaming her hands across Jisoo's neck and abdomen.

"Really good..." Lisa seductively whispered against her ear. The warm breath tingled in her ears and activated the hairs on her back.

Irene quickly took notice and brought her fingers up to Jisoo's chin, turning her attention only on her. "You're taking me to the pizzeria Saturday night," she stated although more demanding than suggesting.

"Saturday night?" Jisoo repeated, entranced by the salacious look Irene gave her. "S-sure. I believe I have that evening liberated."

"Wonderful." Irene smiled, tracing circles onto Jisoo's shoulder.

Meanwhile, throughout the whole interaction, there was an inflamed brunette who watched the whole thing. She eyed Jisoo with disgust and walked away. The brunette noticed but made no move to go after her.

"Hey Jis, I'm gonna need your advice," Jaebum asked, pulling her away from the tight grasp of the two females.

"Irene! I was gonna ask her out," Lisa growled.

The brunette only laughed disdainfully. "Relax Lisa, it's only October."

"Yeah right!" the blonde grumbled and walked away, leaving Irene to gloat to herself. She won this round and she was gonna rub it in Lisa's face, especially after when she talks to her about their date on Saturday.

-----

"This car is something else. It sort of reminds me of my grandad's."

She had made some arrangements with her father and persuaded him to let her borrow his car. She was not gonna make the same mistake she did with Jennie and make Irene walk to the pizzeria.

"It's my dad's, it's actually a courtesy car, we're getting our Mercedes back next month," the brunette lied, looking over to the girl who nodded, seemingly persuaded.

"So how come you asked me out?" Jisoo asked as she gripped tightly on the steering wheel.

Irene turned her head towards Jisoo. "You went out with Jennie. She is Jennie Kim."

The statement made Jisoo laugh, proud that she thought highly of the girl. "You can't argue with that logic."

They pulled up to a parking space where they found Jaebum and his two best friends hung around. She flashed them a smile and opened the door.

"Good evening, gentlemen!" she greeted, earning smiles and nods of approval from her friends.

She walked over to Irene's side, opening the door for her and allowing her to exit the vehicle.

"This is an interesting mode of transport. Sort of, uh, antiquated, like." Yugyeom divulged, running his hands on the hood of the station wagon.

Jisoo laughed, hanging her hand over Irene's shoulder as she leaned against the car.

"Yeah, I call it, my um, undercover car," she joked, earning reverberant laughter from her friends.

Jackson glanced inside the car and grinned. "Oh, you snake. This car's perfect. Complete with a plush blanket. That's a strategy, my girl. All right."

The brunette returned a chuckle, looking over her shoulder to see a blanket in the trunk. 'What's that doing in there?' she thought to herself.

She turned her attention back to the guys. "This is an unleaded love machine," she bantered.

"Bet you could make some, uh, sweet sweat back there huh, Irene?" Jaebum teased the brunette in Jisoo's arm.

She scornfully scowled at him. "Very funny. Let's go inside Jisoo," she suggested, pulling the girl by her shirt.

They enter the pizzeria and immediately Jisoo bumps into her former friends, Chaeyoung, Wendy and Joy. They share some looks with the three shaking their heads in disappointment before pushing past the group.

"Losers," she hears Jaebum comment as they pass. "By the way Irene, Lisa is in the bathroom."

She nodded. "Speaking of which, I need to hit the little girl's room myself." She escaped from Jisoo's arms and made her way to the restroom where she had a short exchange with the blonde they just mentioned.

Lisa beamed at the sudden sight of Jisoo and walked over to her.

"Hey guess what," she giggled, placing her hand on Jisoo's arm teasingly it.

Jisoo looked down at the contact and brought her eyes to meet Lisa's. "What?"

"You're taking me to the dance on the 16th," she divulged, surprising Jisoo.

"I am?"

"Yep."

The brunette eyed the bathroom door behind her. "Well, what about Irene? I thought she was your best friend."

Lisa took a step closer, invading Jisoo's personal space but it was more than appreciated. "Well, she is," she whispered, her minty breath grazing Jisoo's cheek. "But, I mean, you know. Friends share their stuff with friends. You know what I mean?"

Jisoo's breath hitched and she could only manage a nod.

"Sure, friend. No problem," she finally responded.

Lisa smirked at her reaction and brought her lips to the brunette's ear. "I bet you're a really y dancer."

Jisoo recomposed herself from the contact, ignoring the dampness that formed within her groin. She was not gonna let Lisa have the upper hand within this interaction.

"I have moves that defy the laws of gravity."

"Ooh, I'll bet you do," Lisa swooned, tugging at Jisoo's jacket.

Jisoo giggled, pulling back when she finds another brunette emitting from the washrooms.

Lisa glanced behind her. "I'll see you later, okay?" she her lips as she eyed Jisoo's. "Bye."

The brunette watched the girl draw closer to her friend who seemed to be oblivious of the encounter.

"Dancer? Moves? ," Jisoo sighs.

The rest of the night went somewhat smoothly with both Irene and Lisa ally teasing Jisoo, each wanting a piece of her to own. At first, Jisoo was more than pleased to fuel their competition, accepting flirts from both sides but eventually, she grew to realize that they were just in it to compete with each other. Did they even genuinely find Jisoo attractive? Regardless of these thoughts, she dismayed them and allowed the girls to toy with her.

-----

Jennie clutched onto her towel as she walked over to her change room locker. It was after dance practice and she had just finished an afternoon shower.

"So how was she?" she overheard Lisa asking Irene who was brushing her hair.

Irene spun around and grinned. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

This was pathetic in Jennie's eyes. They swooned over this girl that they barely even knew. They used Jisoo as one of their little playthings to compete over. That's all they wanted anyway—to prove that they were better than the other. But if Jisoo chose to be heedless about this then let her and them be.

"Don't worry. I will." Lisa mischievously let out, looking at the mirror Irene previously occupied.

-----

"I bet you're a really y dancer."

Lisa's voice awoke her from her sleep, prompting her to get up and flip open her laptop. She typed into the device, "popular dances" and clicked on the most viewed video of a "Just Dance" routine with a fox on its thumbnail. She didn't question it and began learning the dance to a really weird upbeat song.

'What does the fox say?' the speaker sang as the person on the screen flail their arms at their side.

She followed each move, somewhat questioning its normality, but the number of views reassured her and told her otherwise.

If only Jisoo knew how ridiculous she looked.