Chapter 1

[BLACKPINK - JENSOO] Can't Buy Me Love

Can't buy me love~ Love
Can't buy me love

"I'll buy you a diamond ring my friend if it makes you feel alright..." A young brunette hummed under her breath.

The girl was at her current tutoring session with a younger girl about half her age. They sat behind the kitchen counter top, books laid at every corner of the marble table as they brought their intelligent minds to figure out the hardest question in the textbook. The two blasted music across the condominium to uplift their studying mood.

"Jisoo unnie, I know you know the answer to 3 x 2 so why can't you just tell me?" The younger brunette asked, somewhat agitated for not finding the solution.

Jisoo shook her head and drew a line on her lips, "Nope! Every smart mind has to struggle to become the most intelligent they can be!"

"But Jisoo unnie!"

"Nope! Now look back at the multiplication table and review," She demanded and as instructed the little girl followed.

Just then the little brunette's mother comes from the hallway of the entrance, greeting the two with a bucket of fried chicken in her frail arms. Seeing this, Jisoo immediately stood up to assist her, taking the bags that hung from her forearms.

"Oh thank you Jisoo! If only Jennie were as little as helpful as you were," the older lady joked. "Anyways how is Ella's tutoring going so far?"

Jisoo set her arms on her waist, glancing at the tiny girl. "Pretty good, she gets a little bit confused here and there but otherwise she's doing amazing," she complimented, ruffling the small girl's hair as she did so.

"Thanks Jisoo. You know it's been very busy with me in the company getting ready for the fashion week and all but you're honestly a great help. Just let me get your pay and you can head off soon."

Like that the older lady sent her heels click clacking against polished floors into a bedroom not so far from the kitchen. For one of South Korea's most famous fashion designer, you'd ought to think she would buy a bigger condo but somehow it so happens that she chose the apartment right across from yours. Jisoo didn't mind it, I mean it's perfect for their situation: three girls, no father but there is a very meaty security guard refusing to let any persistent paparazzi or reporters come into the building.

The woman comes back into the kitchen with an envelope in her hands. "Here you go Jisoo. Thanks again!" She thanked.

Hesitantly, Jisoo took the envelope in her grip and bowed to the older lady. "Thank you aunt Kim!" the girl beamed, consequently making Ms.Kim burst into a smile. 

The older lady always considered Jisoo one of her daughters ever since the first time the latter brought cookies at their door step. It was their first day of moving and she greeted the new residents with a smile and snacks. It surely helped the family considering the stress they underwent of suddenly moving to a foreign country. The brunette even offered to help them move the furniture around to their liking. It was surprising since a frail-looking girl like herself could actually lift and push a couch that weighs about 200-300 pounds. Ever since, Ms. Kim welcomed the teenager with loving arms and even agreed to paying Jisoo for tutoring Ella, even though the girl insisted to do it for free.

Jisoo bowed once again before picking her stuff up from the kitchen chairs, ruffling Ella's hair before exiting the apartment, "I'll see you tomorrow!" she yelled down the hall.

The pale-skinned girl opened her door to her apartment and headed straight to her room. She ripped the envelope open and traced her fingers across the thin stack of bills. One hundred dollars she counted before stuffing it into a shoe box underneath her bed. Jisoo had saved up for an acoustic guitar signed by Lee Ji Eun--her favourite Korean artist. It was her life long dream to have a guitar signed by her role model, it was Ji Eun who initiated Jisoo's love for music. There's no other thing that Jisoo loves more than music--scratch that, there is one thing that Jisoo loves more than music and it happens so that she lives next door, Jennie Kim, Ms. Kim's oldest daughter. 

Jisoo doesn't know either how she came to like such a person. 

It was the first second that the alluring brunette opened the door that immediately caught Jisoo's attention. The stranger wore black volleyball shorts that tightened just right around her hip and a white adidas customed-crop--or it seemed to be--that lifted every time she her hair, presenting her toned abdomen. She was the first girl (or person in general) that made Jisoo's heart palpitate. Each second in the room became suffocating for the girl and as much as she tried to disregard the girl's charismatic presence, it already had a huge effect on her. Maybe that's one of the reasons why Jisoo excused herself to come over at Ms. Kim's place. But even still, she would rarely see the other girl as she would be out and about doing who-knows-what in the city. Still, Jisoo enjoyed playing with Ella and helping Ms. Kim when they needed it, so regardless of whether she sees Jennie or not, she would still stay.

Even though Jisoo liked the brunette, Jennie was no other ordinary girl, she was stone-hearted and despicable to other's eyes, but somewhere deep inside Jisoo knows she's not who she makes herself to be. She sees stories of the mischievous girl on social media, partying and dating the hottest guys. It just makes sense that they don't see each other or knew each other. They're too different, she's the popular girl and Jisoo is well... unknown.

AN: Yes, I made a new story and I don't know why I did because I can barely update the other story. But I liked that movie so I don't need to brainstorm much ideas, I hope. Anyways, that's the first chapter, I hoped you guys like it.