The Only One

Secret Butterflies

It just wouldn't let him be. It bothered him the whole following week and beyond. He felt strange and insecure and he just didn't know what to believe. It was stupid, actually. That other guy might've just been a really good friend or whatever, but Taehyung just didn't know. And that was eating at him. He felt childish because of these thoughts, but maybe that was just how it was when you...have feelings for someone. Was that how it would feel to be in love? Did everyone feel that way?

Would Hoseok feel that way about him too?

His head was full of doubts and he swore himself to not get weak again. He swore himself he wouldn't let Hoseok in again, wouldn't let him this close again, because he was afraid of his feelings and he felt pathetic for having been trapped in this so fast. So he swore himself to be strong. But it was so hard.

For almost two weeks there was silence between them. No text, no call. And when Hoseok and Namjoon met up, they did so out of the house, so Taehyung didn't get to see him. He felt pathetic for how often he stared at his phone and somehow wished for anything.

When the day came when Hoseok texted him again, Taehyung was determined to not get weak again, but as soon as he read the text, he felt his heart reacting eagerly.

'Hey Tae...are you free tonight?'

Taehyung rolled over on his bed and groaned into his pillow. Why was his heart betraying him like that? Why did it have to react so happily when he swore himself not to? He was too torn to answer at first. His heart was screaming 'yes' as his head was screaming 'no'. But his inner fight was interrupted when his phone buzzed with another message from Hoseok. Taehyung startled and nervously fumbled with his phone to open the message.

'Please...I need to see you.'

Taehyung's heart jumped and then started beating erratically in his chest as he read the message over and over again to process it's content. He felt his cheeks flush and his heart was aching and longing. For Hoseok.

He took a few shaky breaths and before he could start reasoning with himself, he had already typed an answer.

'Joon's home.'

Hoseok's answer came only a few seconds later.

'Can we meet up somewhere? Or I can pick you up?'

Taehyung was still trying to calm his nervous heart as he typed his reply.

'Okay. Where?'

He already got up and roamed around. He changed his clothes and grabbed his keys and his wallet before his phone buzzed with another text. Taehyung opened it and read.

'How about the river?'

Taehyung took a deep breath.

'I'll meet you there' he replied and then shoved his phone into the pocket of his jeans before he made his way downstairs. It was already late and he was too distracted to think of Joon, so he nearly had a heart attack when he crossed the living room and his older brother caught him.

Hey. Where are you going?” Joon asked from the couch. Taehyung startled visibly and looked at him like a deer in headlights.

I- uhm I'm-...just...going for a walk...I can't sleep.” He spluttered. Namjoon crossed his arms and just raised an eyebrow, staring at Taehyung suspiciously. The younger sighed and looked down bashfully.

Alright...I'm...meeting with...someone...” He mumbled.

The someone to whom the leather jacket belongs?” Joon asked.

Yes...” Taehyung answered and bit his lip.

When will you be back? Are you staying away the night?” Joon asked.

I honestly don't know yet.” Taehyung answered truthfully.

Alright...just call me if you need me to pick you up somewhere or if you'll stay away the night, so that I don't worry, okay?” Joon said in a gentle voice.

Okay. Thanks, Joon.” Taehyung said and smiled softly. He then turned to go, but Joon spoke up once more.

Taehyungie?”

The younger turned back to his brother.

Yes?”

Joon sighed and looked at Taehyung with sincere eyes.

Is he good to you?” he then asked seriously. Taehyung blushed but nodded.

Good...whoever he is...he better not hurt my little brother.” Joon said and looked down. Taehyung walked over to hug him. The older brother sighed and hugged back tightly.

Thanks Joon. See you tomorrow okay?” he said and smiled. Joon smiled too and then Taehyung left.

When he stepped outside into the cool air of the spring night, Taehyung buried his hands in the pockets of his hoodie before he started walking towards the river. The closer he got, the more nervous he got. What was he doing? How had he ended up meeting him again? Why was he doing this to himself? No matter how you twist and turn it, this thing between them couldn't possibly have a future, right? So why coulndn't he just let this go? Wouldn't that be the best...?

When he arrived, he texted Hoseok where he was and waited with a troubled heart. After a short while he heard footsteps and turned around. He saw Hoseok walking towards him and his face clearly showed that something was wrong. He looked stressed and a little worn out. Taehyung opened his mouth to greet him, but Hoseok caught him off-guard as he approached him hurriedly and tightly wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist to pull him close. Taehyung gasped softly, but immediately slid his arms around Hoseok's neck to return the crushing hug. Hoseok pressed into him as if his life depended on it, causing them both to stumble a little and Taehyung's heart thumped hard and fast in his chest. The older buried his face in the younger's neck and let out a few shaky breahs. Taehyung's eyes fluttered shut and he tangled a hand in Hoseok's hair.

W-What's wrong...? Are you okay?” he asked softly and Hoseok's grip tightened even more, but he didn't answer. Taehyung leaned his head on his and shyly over Hoseok's head. He slowly felt himself relax and let go of his worries, revelling in the feeling of Hoseok holding him so tightly. It made his heart buzz happily in his chest.

Do you want to talk about it?” Taehyung whispered and combed his fingers through Hoseok's hair. The older sighed contentedly as he got goosebumps from the touch.

Please just let me hold you...” Hoseok whispered and Taehyung blushed, but then wrapped his arms more around Hoseok, gently his hand over his back. Taehyung felt Hoseok's muscles relaxing under his touch and it was a good feeling. It warmed his heart to know that he had such an effect on him, to know that he could do that for him and be there for him. He kept his eyes closed and trailed one of his hands all over Hoseok's back as the other gently caressed the nape of his neck. Hoseok let out another welfare sigh and squeezed Taehyung gently.

Damn, I missed you...” Hoseok whispered and sighed. Taehyung blushed harder and then wrapped his arms tightly around his neck, letting out a heavy sigh. His head was still chaotic, but his heart was fluttering happily at being reunited with Hoseok.

Taehyung got more and more used to being with Hoseok. Being so close to him. Feeling his breath, his heartbeat, his body glued to his own. It made him feel strangely...complete. Like this was where he belonged. In Hoseok's arms...
 


They had settled on the grass, watching the river that reflected the city lights and the stars in the sky. Taehyung was sitting in between Hoseok's legs, with the other's arms wrapped around him to hold him to his body. Taehyung's hands gently held onto the other's arms as Hoseok leaned his head on Taehyung's shoulder, nuzzling into him. They didn't speak. All Taehyung heard was his heart beating in his chest, echoing through his body. It was a cool spring night, but the warmth that Hoseok was spreading onto Taehyung, flooding his body, was more than enough to shelter him from any coldness. He felt hyper aware of every inch of his body that touched Hoseok, yet it also felt so utterly natural, like their bodies were just melting together.

Taehyung felt strangely small in Hoseok's arms, but he kind of liked it and made him bury himself more in his embrace as his cheeks were colored in a rosy hue. Hoseok hummed and affectionately nuzzled his head to Taehyung's, making his tummy flutter happily.

Are you okay...?” Taehyung asked softly and shyly caressed Hoseok's arm.

Just had a...really really...bad day...” Hoseok mumbled and squeezed Taehyung gently, hugging him even closer than he already was.

Do you have any idea how good this feels...? It does so good...” Hoseok whispered in his deep voice and Taehyung closed his eyes and bit his lip as the hue on his cheeks turned into a darker shade of red. Hoseok pulled back one of his arms to rub Taehyung's shoulder before he let his hand trail down his arm, all the way down to his hand. He lay his hand above the younger's and tenderly played with his fingers for a while before he laced them with his. Taehyung felt like his heart was spinning in his chest. He closed his eyes to calm down and leaned his head back on Hoseok's shoulder. The older leaned in to press a soft kiss to Taehyung's neck.

Thank you for coming...” he mumbled. Taehyung opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Hoseok. The world seemed to stop for a moment as they stared into each other's eyes that reflected the lights on the river before Hoseok gently put a finger to Taehyung's chin to pull him in. Their eyes fell shut as Hoseok captured his lips in a kiss that made Taehyung feel precious and treasured.

The older caressed Taehyung's fingers that were laced with his and then gently squeezed his hand as he kissed him longingly. Taehyung hadn't known how much he had missed it and blushed hard when he heard himself sighing into the kiss. Hoseok made him turn more to him and slid his free arm around his waist. Taehyung slid his own arm around Hoseok's neck and kissed back more eagerly. Hoseok hummed into the kiss and hugged him close as he deepened the kiss. The younger gasped softly and tangled his fingers in the other's hair. Taehyung felt Hoseok's fingertips trailing over his waist, leaving a trail of goosebumps and parted his lips willingly. Hoseok pressed him closer and kissed him deep and passionate, making Taehyung shudder. Hoseok's mind felt hazy and full of Taehyung. He was all he could think about as he kissed him until they broke their kiss for air. Taehyung released a shaky breath and clung to the older.

H-Ho...seok...” he aspirated, not sure what he was trying to say, but his name just spilled from his lips. Hoseok pulled him on his lap and hugged him to his body as the younger tried to catch his breath. Suddenly the sight at the restaurant returned to his mind and he looked down, playing with Hoseok's hair as he took a deep breath.

Was I...the first one you texted?” Taehyung mumbled and felt his heart nervously hammering in his chest. Hoseok caressed the other's back and didn't get his question at first, furrowing his brows in confusion. When the penny dropped Hoseok leaned in to affectionately brush their noses together.

Yes...”

Taehyung blushed harder again and bit his lip.

Look at me...” Hoseok whispered. Taehyung shook his head, but Hoseok gently cradled his face and lifted it.

I promise...I wouldn't want to be here with anyone else...you're the only one.” Hoseok said and stared into his eyes. Taehyung closed his eyes and sighed, a small whine escaping his lips. When he opened his eyes again, he brushed Hoseok's hair out of his face and leaned close, daring to look straight into his eyes even though his heart threatened to jump out of his chest.

What are you doing to me?” he mumbled shakily and smiled softly. Hoseok felt his heart burning in his chest as he looked at Taehyung's soft smile and stared into his dark eyes. He knew he was screwed. Utterly and irreversibly screwed. But it didn't matter in that moment. He didn't answer and just pressed their lips together in another kiss.