Up and Down

Secret Butterflies

As he was sleeping, Taehyung somehow felt like he was engulfed by a warmth and it allowed him to sleep sound and peaceful on Hoseok's chest, with the other's arms gently wrapped around his body. It was already bright outside, rays of sunlight peaking in through the windows, as Taeyung slowly slid back into consciousness, waking up from his deep slumber. He opened his eyes and yawned softly. His eyes drifted around, taking in his surroundings and his heart jumped a little when he remembered the night before and realized that the warm body underneath his own, was Hoseok's. He could feel the other's heartbeat under his chest and his cheeks flushed slightly as images of the night flashed through his mind. He still couldn't quite believe it, but it was real. Hoseok was really there, his arms wrapped around his body and his heart beating right underneath Taehyung.

The younger closed his eyes and snuggled more into his chest as he felt his heart flutter. He out any worries and just allowed himself to enjoy this feeling of...happiness.

It was a feeling that filled his heart with warmth and made his tummy swirl. He felt so comfortable on Hoseok's warm chest, that he even dozed off once more.

The next time he woke up, he felt a hand gently rubbing his back. Taehyung sat up slowly on top of Hoseok and yawned, rubbing his eyes. He heard the other chuckle and then he felt fingers combing through his hair.

Why are you laughing...?” Taehyung mumbled in a sleepy voice as Hoseok tried to smooth down Taehyung's bed hair,

'Cause you look cute...” Hoseok said and after sleeping his voice sounded even raspier than it usually already did. Taehyung blushed slightly and looked down, but he couldn't stop his face from breaking into a shy smile. Hoseok sat up too and loosely wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist, keeping him in his lap. He fondly smiled at the younger and when the other looked up to meet his eyes, Taehyung's heart buzzed in his chest as he saw how Hoseok's eyes were sparkling at him.

Good Morning...” Hoseok whispered and smiled widely. Taehyung's cheeks flushed more, but a giggle escaped his lips as he smiled too.

Morning~” he whispered back softly and placed his hands on Hoseok's chest. The older turned his head and looked over at the cake he had brought that was still untouched on the table next to the door.

Breakfast?” he asked and chuckled. Taehyung giggled and nodded before he got up and walked over to the table. He carefully took the cake and carried it to the kitchen. He placed it on the counter and took out a knife to cut the cake. When he was about to cut it, he felt Hoseok's hands trailing down his arms before they wrapped around Taehyung's hands and cut the cake with him as he looked over the younger's shoulder. Taehyung got goosebumps and bit his lip as he felt his cheeks burn. Hoseok then let go and took out two plates. He knew the house so well already that he knew where things were.

Hoseok handed Taehyung the plates and the younger filled them with the cake. Hoseok then walked over to the table and Taehyung got two forks before he followed him and sat down next to him.

The older put a bite of the cake on his fork and led it towards Taehyung's mouth. The younger smiled shyly and took the bite, letting Hoseok feed him. He immediately hummed and smiled.

It's delicious.” he said and Hoseok smiled happily before he tried the cake as well. They both ate the cake with pleasure and when Taehyung's plate was almost empty, he played around with his fork and looked down.

Hoseok...?”

Yes?”

Thank you...” Taehyung said. Hoseok looked up and eyed him fondly.

What for?”

For the cake..and for coming over...you know...” Taehyung mumbled.

Couldn't let you be sad and alone on your birthday...” Hoseok said softly and brushed some of Taehyung's hair back. The younger closed his eyes and enjoyed the touch, but when Hoseok's phone rang, the older pulled his hand back and answered the phone. Taehyung ate up before he got up and put his plate away as Hoseok talked to the person on the phone.

Yeah, no, it's fine. I can do that.” Hoseok said and then hung up. He finished his cake and then got up too.

I gotta go. I'm filling in for someone at work and the shift starts soon.” he said and put his plate into the sink. Taehyung couldn't deny that he felt a little sad that Hoseok had to go, but he smiled meekly and nodded.

Yeah. Of course. I'll see you out.” he said and walked him to the door where Hoseok put on his shoes and then turned to Taehyung. They just stared at each other for a long moment before Hoseok pulled him into his arms and hugged him tightly. Taehyung wrapped his arms around his neck and nuzzled his head to his. Hoseok let out a long sigh and squeezed him gently before he slowly pulled back and let go. Taehyung took a deep breath and opened the door. Hoseok stepped out and then suddenly turned back again. Before Taehyung could even blink, Hoseok had stepped back into his personal space and leaned in to steal a kiss from Taehyung. The younger's eyes fluttered shut and he pressed his lips back against Hoseok's for the short moment of the kiss before Hoseok pulled away.

Bye~” Hoseok aspirated and flashed his bright smile that made Taehyung's heart churn.

B-Bye.” Taehyung spluttered quietly as Hoseok turned and left. The younger closed the door and let out a shaky breath.

"Oh my god..." he mumbled and bit his lip as a wide smile stretched on his face. He went to the living room and grabbed his phone before he crashed on the couch and dialed Jimin's number.
 


After Taehyung had told Jimin every little detail of what had happened and they had discussed it all, Jimin had to hang up. Taehyung put his phone away and rolled on his stomach, burying his face in the pillow that Hoseok had lain on. He smiled into the soft fabric and sighed. He was ripped out of his thoughts though, when he heard the front door open. It had to be Namjoon. Taehyung looked up and then stumbled to his feet before he went to the hall to greet his brother. Namjoon broke into a wide smile when he saw Taehyung.

Happy Belated Birthday, little brother.” he said softly and walked over to wrap Taehyung in his arms. The younger smiled happily and hugged back tightly. After a few moments, Namjoon pulled back and took off his shoes. Taehyung helped him carry his bag inside and asked him how it had been.

It was nice. Had a good time. What about you? Did you have a nice brithday?” Namjoon answered and looked at him curiously. Taehyung got a little flustered but covered it up quickly and nodded with a smile. “Mhm. Yes, had a good day.”

I'm gonna cook something, are you hungry? Any wishes?” Namjoon said and went to the kitchen. He saw what was left of the cake and turned to Taehyung.

Wow, you got cake?” he said with a grin. Taehyung blushed slightly and rubbed his neck.

Yeah, uhm, a friend brought it.” he said and Namjoon raised an eyebrow as a playful grin spread on his face.

Anything I should know?”

N-No, just a friend...really.” he lied and prayed that Namjoon wouldn't dig deeper. Thankfully, his brother just chuckled and dropped the topic. Namjoon started cooking and Taehyung helped him. After eating they did the dishes together and Namjoon suddenly spoke up about their earlier topic again.

Is there really no one...?” he asked carefully. Taehyung blushed and looked down.

It's just...a few days ago, I went into your room to get the hair-dryer you had left in there and I saw that leather jacket on your chair and...well...I'm pretty sure it ain't yours, because you always show me when you buy new things, so...” Namjoon explained. Taehyung hushed and bit his lip.

You don't have to tell me, I'm just...curious...you know...I want my little brother to be happy.” Namjoon said and Taehyung smiled softly.

I know, Joonie, it's just...complicated.” Taehyung said.

Alright...just know that I'm here if you wanna talk, alright?” He said and they smiled at each other.

God...if Namjoon knew...
 

It was hard to describe, but during the following days Taehyung was in a constantly happy mood. Apparently his encounter with Hoseok had spilled a lot of endorphins in his body, he just felt some kind of warmth buzzing in his chest whenever he thought of him and that was...most of the time.

On his first day back in school, Jimin bombed him with questions, he seemed more excited about it than Taehyung was and he was utterly curious.

After school, they went downtown to grab a bite. They went to one of their favorite restaurants and sat down at a small table in the corner. As soon as they had ordered, Jimin spoke up again.

And when are you gonna see him again?” he asked with bright curious eyes. Taehyung sighed and blushed lightly.

I don't know Jimin. We don't usually have that much contact.”

But you miss him already, don't you?” Jimin asked with a grin and Taehyung smiled shyly but nodded.

Then text him!”

Uhm, no?!!!” Taehyung answered and looked at Jimin as if he had just said the most absurd thing he'd ever heard.

Why not???” Jimin asked and shrugged. Taehyung searched for words and just spluttered a “J-Just...no...I mean...what would I even say?”

How about the truth? That you'd like to see him. Maybe ask him out on a date or something.”

Taehyung looked down and sighed.

I don't think we can do that. I don't know if we can... you know...do public stuff.” he said and bit his lip. “I don't even know...what we are.” he added quietly. When he suddenly heard a familiar laugh, Taehyung looked up and his eyes widened when he saw that Hoseok had entered the restaurant. And he wasn't alone. Taehyung's eyes immediately drifted to Hoseok's arm around the guy's waist and how big his smile was that was directed at him. He felt his heart sink and suddenly the happy feeling he had felt the last few days, seeped out of his body. He saw Hoseok leaning close to whisper something to the guy and they laughed together.

So that was how it felt like.

Jealousy.

Taehyung looked down and felt his heart hammering in his chest. After a few seconds of gathering himself, he looked up at Jimin with pleading eyes.

Can we leave..? Please?” he begged and Jimin looked confused.

Why? What's wrong? We already ordered.” Jimin said, but he saw how desperate Taehyung's eyes looked, so he grabbed his bag and got up. Taehyung took his arm and partly hid behind him as they sneaked out of the restaurant. Once they were outside,Taehyung pulled him around the corner and then hugged Jimin as if his life depended on it. Jimin was surprised and confused, but hugged him back tightly.

What's wrong Tae...?” Jimin asked worriedly.

I'm so stupid...” Taehyung mumbled and clung to him.

What happened? What did I miss?” Jimin asked perplexed and soothingly rubbed Taehyung's back.

He was there...with someone else...” Taehyung mumbled into Jimin's shoulder and tried to black out his stupid thoughts and the turmoil in his heart.

Oh...”

If this is how it feels to like someone, then I don't want it...”