Undercover

Secret Butterflies

Taehyung and Jimin were sitting cross-legged on his bed and Taehyung nearly had a heart attack when Jimin suddenly squealed loudly in response to what Taehyung had just told him. He leaned over and quickly covered Jimin's mouth with his hands.

Are you crazy?! Jimin be quiet! If Joon's home, he's gonna hear and think some animal is dying in here.” Taehyung said and Jimin ripped his hand off, giggling in delight.

Oh my god, Tae! I'm so happy for you!” He whisper-shouted and Taehyung let go of him, sighing and smiling a little as he looked down at his hands.

I never thought I'd feel like this, Minnie.” Taehyung mumbled and without realizing it, a wide grin spread on his face as he thought back to it, thought about him.

Damn, Tae, you should see yourself, you're past saving!” Jimin said and ruffled his hair.

Taehyung blushed and whined. “I can't help it! Whenever I think of him, this happens, it's horrible!”

It's cute.” Jimin said and laughed.

It's not! I'm so in over my head.”

That you are. But honestly...from what you've been telling me, I think Hoseok feels pretty much the same.”

You think so? I hope so. I don't know. I have no idea!” Taehyung babbled and Jiimin kept laughing at him.

Don't laugh at me!”

I'm sorry, I can't!” Jimin brought out between his giggles. “But honestly, Tae...I'm so happy about this...I've never seen you like this.”

Taehyung whined and let himself fall face first into his pillow, groaning and blushing.

I can't stop thinking about him, Jimiiiiin.” Taehyung whined into the pillow and Jimin patted his back.

How about you tell him that, not me.” Jimin said. Taehyung turned his head to look at him as if he had just suggested to murder someone.

Are you out of your mind? I can't do that!”

Why not? It's better than to despair over your feelings like this alone in your room. If you feel like that, tell him. If you miss him, tell him and ask him to come over.”

Taehyung threw his hands up in the air in frustration.

That may work in theory, but it's not that easy! I can't! I get hella embarrassed just thinking about it.”

What could go wrong? You should give it a try.” Jimin said and watched his friend with a fond smile.

Uhm EVERYTHING could go wrong?! What if he says ' Yeah, no, you're weird and stupid, I don't feel the same, I have no time, I don't really wanna see you again, yet?'” Taehyung spluttered with red cheeks and Jimin rolled his eyes.

You're seriously stupid, he won't say that!”

How do you know???”

Jimin facepalmed himself and sighed. “You're delusional, Tae.”

I know...I know, okay?! But I don't know what to do with my heart, I never felt all this before!”

They both sighed and hushed for a moment, then Jimin got up.

I'm getting hungry from all this drama, let's get something to eat from your kitchen.” Jimin said and Taehyung agreed as he rolled out of bed. They left his room and on their way downstairs, Jimin a little and they playfully bumped into each other, giggling. As they arrived downstairs, Jimin jumped on Taehyung's back and laughed loudly. Right in that moment, the front door opened and Namjoon came inside, followed by none other than Hoseok.

Taehyung giggled and looked towards the door, his smile faltering as he desperately hoped he wasn't blushing just from seeing Hoseok. Jimin was still hugging onto Taehyung's back and silently giggled into his shoulder.

Hey you two.” Namjoon said with a smile and Hoseok greeted them too, his eyes briefly meeting Taehyung's, who was too shy to return the gaze for more than a brief moment or else he feared his knees might just go weak and make him fall on his face.

If he had returned the gaze and looked up more attentively, maybe he would've noticed how Hoseok's eyes had lingered on the two hugging friends and how he had quickly swallowed and averted his eyes, putting on his usual smile to hide that he was in fact feeling a rush of jealousy.

Hi!” Jimin said cheerfully and then said to Taehyung: “To the kitchen!” whereupon the other boy gave him a piggyback ride to the kitchen. Hoseok looked after them and then joined Namjoon on the couch, trying to listen to whatever he was talking about, but he found it a bit hard to concentrate. He could hear them giggling and talking faintly in the kitchen.

Hoseok, are you even listening?” Namjoon asked and chuckled at Hoseok's blank face.

-

Your face must've been so obvious, Tae, it's a miracle that Joonie hasn't figured it out, yet.” Jimin whispered and giggled in the kitchen.

It really is, I gotta be careful.”

But honestly, Hoseok was nearly as obvious as you.”

You're only saying that, because you know!”

No, I mean it. His face was an open book to me.”

And what did it say?” Taehyung asked halfheartedly and rolled his eyes.

Something along the lines of 'Hey, TaeTae, I miss you, why is that boy hugging you like that, I want it too.'” Jimin said and giggled.

No way, as if. He knows you're my best friend. I don't think he gets jealous. Maybe he's too mature for that and I'm the only one it happens to.” Taehyung babbled.

That's bull. You're so wrong, Tae. And him knowing that I'm your best friend doesn't mean it will prevent him from feeling jealous when I touch you.”

-

Yeah, of course! Sorry, I got distracted.” Hoseok said and put on a nonchalant smile.

You're a bit dreamy today, is something up?” Namjoon asked and eyed him curiously.

No, not really.” Hoseok said. Namjoon kept looking at him.

Hobi, I know you. You can hide behind that casual smile as much as you want, but I know there's something going on. I'm really curious when I'll be able to get it out of you.”

Hoseok looked at him dumbfounded, his smile dropping at the truth in Namjoon's words.

Ha! I knew it.” Namjoon said with a grin and bumped his shoulder against his. Hoseok chuckled and shook his head.

You're a good detective.” he joked.

It wasn't that hard to figure out, Hobi, your face is pretty obvious to me sometimes.” Namjoon said and Hoseok opened his mouth to answer something, but in that moment, Jimin and Taehyung returned from the kitchen. Jimin joined them on the couch, leaving a space for Taehyung, right next to Hoseok.

Let's have a movie night together!” Jimin announced excitedly and Namjoon chuckled fondly. Taehyung tried to look unabashed as he sat down next to Hoseok.

Jimin put their snacks on the coffee table and they talked about which movies to watch. Taehyung couldn't really concentrate on the matter and only thought about Hoseok sitting just a few inches next to him, their arms almost touching.

Halfway through the first movie it was already getting dark outside and Jimin and Namjoon went to get a couple of blankets and pillows to get comfortable. When they left the room, Jimin and Taehyung exchanged a quick look. Jimin's was saying 'I'm a genius, right? I got you some alone time with Hoseok!' whereas Taehyung's look rather looked like 'You can't just do that, I'm panicking, what do I do?!'.

When they were out the door, Taehyung pulled his knees up on the couch, nervously hugging them to his chest as he dared to turn his head towards Hoseok who was just in that moment turning to look at him and broke into a fond smile.

“Hi~” he whispered and Taehyung couldn't help but grin shyly.

“Hi~” he whispered back and blushed a little when Hoseok looked around and then leaned closer. Their lips caught each other in a soft kiss, both letting out contented sighs as their lips connected. But it didn't last long for they could already hear Jimin and Namjoon returning, so they pulled apart and tried to act nonchalant as the other two returned with a bunch of pillows and blankets. Jimin tossed them at Taehyung who giggled and made himself comfortable. They ended up being quite huddled together on the couch, covered in blankets. It got darker outside and more and more cozy inside.

Somewhere towards the end of the second movie, Taehyung started to get tired and leaned his head back on one of the pillows. Shortly after he felt something touch his hand under the blankets. They were Hoseok's fingers, caressing his hand softly and carefully playing with his fingers. Taehyung felt his heart pounding in his chest. It was dangerous and a bit crazy since Namjoon was sitting right next to them, but it also made him feel a bit excited.

He couldn't concentrate on the movie anymore, his eyelids growing heavier as their fingers laced together. Hoseok kept holding his hand when he suddenly felt Taehyung's head roll on his shoulder. He turned his head to look at him and saw that the boy had fallen asleep. Hoseok smiled softly and Jimin noticed it, smiling to himself as he acted like he hadn't.

By the end of the second movie, Taehyung had subconsciously turned to Hoseok and was now curled up against his side. Hoseok had let go of his hand to put his arm around him. As they talked about a potential third movie, Hoseok spoke up.

“Taehyung's already out.” he said and pointed to the sleeping boy. Namjoon grinned and chuckled, getting up.

“I'll get him to bed.” Namjoon said and leaned down, trying to peel him off of Hoseok to pick him up, but Taehyung whined silently and clung to Hoseok.

“It's okay, I can do it.” Hoseok said and pulled the blankets off before he pulled Taehyung on his lap and got up, picking him up and carrying him upstairs.

“What about you? Are you still up for a third movie or do you want to go home? Do you want me to give you a ride?” Namjoon said as he turned to Jimin.

“Totally up for a third movie.” Jimin said and hid a yawn as he settled back in with a blanket. Namjoon smiled and they picked a third one. As the movie started, Namjoon turned to Jimin once again and contemplated for a moment.

“Jimin?”

“Yes?” Jimin answered as he turned to look at Namjoon.

“Do you know who that certain someone is...? Did Taehyung tell you?” Namjoon asked with a serious face. Jimin nodded slowly.

“He did...and I know...but I can't tell you, it doesn't feel right. Taehyung has to tell you himself.” Jimin said.

“Yeah, no, of course. I just...I'm just being a protective curious big brother.” Namjoon said and sighed. Jimin giggled and Namjoon smiled.

“You don't have to worry, Joonie...okay?”

“Okay...”

-

Hoseok carefully pushed open the door to Taehyung's room and carried him over to the bed, sitting down on it and trying to ease him on it, but the boy wouldn't let go of him. Hoseok chuckled silently and leaned in to kiss Taehyung's head.

“Tae~ you gotta let go of me now. You're in your bed now, you can go on sleeping.” Hoseok cooed softly and brushed Taehyung's hair out of his face. The boy grumbled a little and sighed, mumbling something incoherent as he buried his face in Hoseok's neck.

Hoseok's heart was fluttering happily in his chest, but then it also clenched a little as he remembered that he couldn't just stay here with Taehyung, although he wanted so badly. He wanted nothing more than to settle in with him and hold him the whole night, but Namjoon and Jimin were downstairs probably waiting for him to return, so he had to let go of him...but he didn't want to...just not yet.

He pulled back the covers and laid down with Taehyung in his arms, pulling the blanket over him and rubbing his back. Taehyung let out a welfare sigh and snuggled into Hoseok's chest.

After a few moments of silence, Taehyung sleepily mumbled: “Don't go...”

Hoseok's heart nearly broke at that. He turned to him to trail a few tender kisses over his face. “Tae...I have to...Namjoon's downstairs waiting for me to come back...he might find it suspicious if I end up spending the night in your bed...” Hoseok mumbled and cupped Taehyung's cheek who whined in response.

“I want to...I really do...but I can't...” Hoseok whispered and leaned in to press a long kiss to his lips.

“We'll meet up soon okay? Goodnight Taehyungie...” he whispered and managed to pull himself free. Taehyung mumbled something and curled up, clutching a pillow after Hoseok rolled out of his bed. Hoseok shot him one more longing glance before he quietly left the room and went back downstairs with a heavy heart.

As he entered the living room, he put on his usual smile.

“Sorry it took so long, it was a bit hard to get him to bed.” he said, which was basically the truth.

“Yeah, he's clingy and grumpy when he's tired...but also very cute.” Namjoon said and chuckled.

“Yeah...uhm, Joon, I'm quite tired, too, I think I'll go home.” Hoseok said.

“Are you sure? You can sleep here, if you want, we have plenty of room.” Namjoon said as he got up.

“Yeah, no, thanks, not today. I have an early shift tomorrow.”

“Alright. Drive safely, see you soon.” Namjoon said as he hugged Hoseok. Jimin waved him goodbye and then Hoseok left, taking a deep breath after he had closed the front door after him. He wasn't that tired, but in that moment, he couldn't bear to keep sitting on that couch while longing for Taehyung who was just a few rooms away. He knew he wouldn't be able to concentrate on the movie anyway, so he just wanted to get away from this before he'd throw all caution to the wind and storm back into Taehyung's room to join him.