Stress and Comfort

Secret Butterflies

Taehyung almost slept 'till afternoon, but he had really needed the rest and it had taken him hours to fall asleep in the first place.

After waking up, he slowly sat up and rubbed his eyes with a heavy sigh before he reached over to check his phone. He had several confused messages from Jimin. He knew he had promised to call him that day, but he wasn't really in the mood for it. At least not yet. He was gonna do it some time later.

When he looked up his eyes immediately drifted to Hoseok's jacket that was still hanging over his chair. It had really happened...it hadn't just been a dream.

Taehyung looked back at his phone and bit his lip before he scrolled through his contacts until he found Hoseok's number. He couldn't quite remember why he had it in the first place, he had also never texted him, but he was kind of glad about it now, because he felt bad about keeping his jacket and it would've been hard to contact him without the number. He couldn't exactly ask his brother for it, either, it would seem a bit suspicious.

Taehyung stared at the contact for about 2 minutes before he finally typed a message.

'Good Morning, I accidentally...'

He started typing and looked at it for a moment before deleting it again.

'Hey, I'm sorry, but I-' He started again before deleting it too with a big sigh.

How could typing a message be so complicated?!

After several more tries, he finally settled on a simple text.

'I still have your jacket.'

After he had hit 'send' he suddenly started having doubts again. Would the message sound weird? Would it seem rude? How was Hoseok gonna reply? Would he reply at all? And when? Was he still having the same number?!

His thoughts started circling again and he put his phone away with a groan, before he kicked away his blanket and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower.

As the hot water ran down his body he relaxed and closed his eyes. But the hotness of it suddenly made images of the night before flash up in his mind. He gasped when he felt an intense feeling rush through his veins as he thought of Hoseok's hands on his body, his lips on his and the feeling of his body. Taehyung blushed and groaned trying to black those thoughts out, but they didn't seem to want to leave him alone.

He then quickly finished the shower and about 15 minutes later he walked back into his room in fresh clothes and a towel around his neck that he used to rub his hair dry. He couldn't suppress the urge to immediately check his phone to see if Hoseok had answered. He also couldn't deny that he was a little disappointed when he saw that he had no new messages.

Taehyung sighed and shoved his phone into the pocket of his sweatpants before he went to the kitchen to eat 'breakfast'...well if you could still call it that at that hour.

As he was chewing on his food he pulled his phone back out and called Jimin.

The phone rang a few times before he answered.

"Tae? Finally! You're alive."

"Yeah...sorry...I slept really long." Taehyung said around another mouthful.

"Are you eating?"

"Breakfast."

"More like an early dinner."

"Your night better have been worth it, 'cause I was quite pissed when you just abandoned me." Taehyung said, but it lacked any spite. He couldn't really be mad at Jimin.

"I know...I'm sorry..." He heard Jimin say bashfully and smiled a little.

"So?"

"So what?"

"Was it at least worth it?" Taehyung asked and it was followed by a 15 minute rant of Jimin about everything that had happened. Taehyung didn't mind, he could just eat in peace as he listened to Jiimin. When he was finally finsihed, Jimin added:

"By the way...is there anything I should know about YOUR night? Apparently you stayed quite a while longer although I left you alone and you were a little weird at the phone last night..."

Taehyung got flustered and wasn't quite sure what to say. He hadn't really decided yet whether to tell Jimin or not.

"I...uhm...well..ah dammit..." he spluttered and Jimin giggled on the other end of the line.

"Tae! What is it? You're making me curious."

Taehyung sighed and hushed for a moment.

"I- I don't...I can't...tell you...yet...I think..." Taehyung spluttered and dropped his face into his hand.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked and his tone had turned serious.

"Yes...I just...I'm still at sixes and sevens and I need to collect myself first...I thnk..."

Taehyung answered. His thoughts were still so chaotic. How could he talk to Jimin and explain what had happened when he himself wasn't even sure about that, yet?!

"Okay...just...know that I'm here when you're ready to talk alight?"

Taehyung smiled.

"I know. Thanks, Jimin....I'll hang up now, okay? I still have some homework to do for tomorrow." he said and they said their goodbyes before Taehyung hung up and took care of his dishes. When he left the kitchen he heard the front door open. Namjoon was home. Taehyung walked out into the hallway and flashed his older brother a smile.

"Hey." he said and his brother smiled at him widely.

"Hey~" the older said softly and walked over to ruffle his hair before he pulled him into a hug.

"How was the festival?" his brother asked and Taehyung tried to cover that he got a little flustered.

"It was nice." was all he said.

"I'll cook something for dinner later." Namjoon said as he took off his jacket.

"That's fine, I ate breakfast just now."

"Breakfast?" the other asked and chuckled a bit. Taehyung rubbed his neck sheepishly.

"Yeah, I slept quite long..." he said and Namjoon just ruffled his hair again and disappeared into his room. Taehyung sighed and went to his own room. He sat down in the chair by his desk, the one Hoseok's jacket was still hanging over, and pulled out his homework. He put his phone on the desk too and then started working. He was actually quite thankful for the distraction, because it took his mind off of Hoseok for a while.

That was until he heard his phone buzz with a new message. He immediately grabbed it and his heart skipped a beat when he saw that it was a message from Hoseok. His heart kind of sank though when he read the content.

'I'll just get it next time I visit your brother.'

The message was as offhand as his own, but what exactly had he expected?! Had he wanted him to come over to pick it up or say something else? Mention last night? Talk about it? He wasn't sure and he felt a bit stupid.

Was Hoseok even remembering all of it? He was a bit drunk...but no, he wasn't THAT drunk...does he regret it? Was it just a one-time-drunk-fling-thing for him?!

Taehyung couldn't stop thinking about it.

'But what about Namjoon? He'll find it weird.' Taehyung finally answered and bit his lip as he waited for a reply.

'He doesn't need to see it. We'll find a way.' Hoseok replied shortly after and Taehyung was confused. What the hell was that supposed to mean?!

He put his phone aside again and groaned in frustration. He tried to focus on his homework again and it definitely took him longer than usual to finish it...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taehyung lay awake half of the night and the other half of the night he dreamed of none other than Hoseok. When his alarm went off and ripped him out of his slumber he groaned and rolled around to bury his face in the pillows. It was gonna be a tough day...but maybe school would help distract him.

He'd probably spend the most energy on staying awake during school, though.

Taehyung released a big sigh and grabbed his phone to turn off the alarm. He was somehow a little dissapointed when he saw that he had no new messages...He felt so utterly stupid.

 

 

The next few days Taehyung felt like going crazy. He couldn't stop thinking about it, about him. He was constantly checking his phone and couldn't really concentrate.

That eventually changed though, when he had to concentrate, because a bunch of important exams were coming up and Taehyung basically locked himself in his room for days, constantly studying. Namjoon made sure he at least ate sometimes, but Taehyung wasn't very hungry.

One Saturday, Taehyung had basically been studying in his room all day and had barely come out. It was already evening and he was tired and strained, but he hadn't reached his goal for the day, yet, so he tried to continue although he could barely concentrate anymore.

He startled a little and groaned silently when he heard a few knocks on his door.

"Come in..." he said in a hoarse voice. The door opened and Namjoon came in. As soon as he saw Taehyung his face turned even more worried than it already looked. Taehyung had dark circles under his eyes and he looked exhausted.

"Tae...we ordered some food, please come out and eat something, you've been in here all day, you need food, this is not good for you..." Namjoon said softly. Taehyung sighed and took a deep breath.

"Alright..." he said and got up. He put his hands into the pockets of his big hoodie and snuggled into it as he followed Namjoon to the kitchen. He suddenly noticed that Namjoon had said "We ordered food", but before he could properly wonder about it, they entered the kitchen and Taehyung saw Hoseok casually leaning against the wall. Taehyung nearly had a heart-attack, but didn't let it show. He wished the ground would just open up and swallow him. He felt embarrassed and nervous. He hadn't been prepared for this at all. It was the first time he saw him ever since what had happened between them, but why did Hoseok have to see him like this?!

"Hey~" Hoseok said and smiled. Taehyung only muttered a "Hey" and then avoided eye-contact as he walked over to the counter where the food was placed.

Namjoon's phone suddenly rang and when he looked at the screen he excused himself, saying that it was something important and hurried out of the kitchen. Taehyung felt his heart beat a little nervously in his chest as he realized they were alone now, but he tried to black it out. He looked through the food with shaking hands and released a heavy sigh. His body felt tired and he desperately needed some new energy, he had barely eaten anything that day.

Taehyung groaned silently and rolled his tensed up shoulders back before he took out a plate and filled it with some food. He startled a little when he suddenly felt two warm hands on his shoulders and then he felt Hoseok massage his tense muscles. Taehyung wanted to resist, but he didn't find the strength to do so. His eyes fluttered shut and he released a pleased sound as his muscles started to loosen and relax. He rolled his head back a little and completely melted into Hoseok's hands. Taehyung let out small sighs and felt himself lean back towards him. His breath hitched when Hoseok leaned down and placed a tender kiss on the back of his neck.

"Do me a favor and take better care of yourself...It's not worth it...your health is more important than grades..." Hoseok whispered and his neck. Just when Taehyung was about to lean into him even more, they heard footsteps in the hallway and abruptly pulled apart. Hoseok went back to his former position and Taehyung finished filling his plate.

When Namjoon returned, Taehyung wanted to disappear into his room again with his food, but his brother insisted that they eat together at the table. Hoseok and Joon were talking about college and Taehyung kept his eyes down on his plate as he picked at his food, occasionally eating a bit, but he still didn't feel very hungry. He didn't notice that Hoseok kept sending subtle worried glances towards him and Namjoon also noticed that he was playing around with the food more than he was eating it.

"Tae...what's the matter?" Namjoon asked with a sigh. Taehyung looked at his food bashfully.

"I don't know...maybe it's the stress...but I don't feel very hungry..." he said and shrugged.

"You barely ate the last few days...don't pressure yourself that much, Tae, it's not healthy..."

"I know...I'm sorry..." Taehyung said and ate a little more before he gave Namjoon the rest of his food and put the plate in the sink. He smiled at his brother meekly and went back to his room. He didn't dare to take another look at Hoseok.

 

 

A while later Hoseok said goodbye to Namjoon and the other went into his room. Hoseok had already reached the front door when he stopped and turned around, looking towards Taehyung's room. He bit his lip and contemplated for a moment before he walked over and saw that there was still some light coming from his room. He reached out and carefully knocked a few times. He didn't get an answer and was a little irritated. He knocked again and then silently opened the door just a slit to take a look. He saw that the desk lamp was on, but Taehyung seemed to have fallen asleep on his desk. His head was lying on the table and his arms were limply hanging down. Hoseok shook his head and sighed softly before he entered the room and carefully closed the door behind himself. He walked over to the desk and placed a hand on Taehyung's back.

Taehyung...Tae...wake up, you should go to bed.” He said softly and Taehyung stirred a little. Hoseok rubbed his hand over his back and leaned down.

Hey~ Tae...come on, that can't be comfortable, you should properly rest now.” he said and Taehyung cracked an eye open before he grumbled and buried his face in his arms in protest. Hoseok smiled a little and tried to pull his arms away as he kept talking to him to persuade him.

Come on~” He whispered and pulled him up from the chair. Taehyung was still half asleep and weak on his knees. He whined silently and wrapped his arms around Hoseok's neck to support himself. Hoseok slid his arms around him and then lifted him off the ground. Taehyung grumbled at first, but then released a sigh and clung to Hoseok like a monkey as he buried his face in his shoulder. The other couldn't help but smile and carried him to the bed, carefully easing him onto the mattress. Taehyung immediately snuggled into his pillow and let out a pleased sigh. Hoseok pulled his blanket over him and tucked him in. He kept his hand on his back and started to rub slow circles on it whereupon he saw Taehyung's face relax and his breathing turned more and more even again as he drifted back into his slumber.

Hoseok's hand slowly stilled and he released a heavy sigh. When he saw him like this, he really...really...badly wanted to stay...he wanted to lie next to him and pull him into his arms and just be with him.

But he knew they'd have some explaining to do if Namjoon found them like this, so he just stayed for a few more minutes until he finally tore himself away from Taehyung. He brushed his fingers through his hair and got up. When he went over to the desk to turn off the lamp he noticed his leather jacket hanging over the chair....