Fine Line

Secret Butterflies

Jimin woke up sometime at noon, he'd gotten a good night's sleep and felt refreshed. As he yawned and stretched in bed, his conscience got clearer and he remembered what day it was.

It was his birthday!

He excitedly rolled over to reach for his phone on his bedside table. He grabbed it and eagerly unlocked it, finding a bunch of congratulating messages. He smiled as he read through them and replied. As he came to the end of it, his smile slowly faltered.

There was no message from Taehyung.

Jimin checked the time again. It couldn't be. Taehyung had always been the first one to congratulate him and they would usually spend the day together. They always did. There was just no way...there was no way his best friend had forgotten about it.

Or was there?

Taehyung had been quite caught up in his happy relationship with Hoseok recently and Jimin loved to see him so happy, but it wouldn't be enough to make him so sloppy though right...? How...how could he have forgotten....?

Jimin put his phone away and stared at the wall for a while before he decided to not let this ruin his day. He music and rolled out of bed, dancing his way to the bathroom where he washed up and brushed teeth. He put on a new outfit he'd bought himself and ate breakfast, trying to make plans for the day. He considered asking some friends out, but truth be told...his thoughts always drifted back to his best friend, clouding his mood.

But he didn't want to ruin his birthday like that, so he cleaned up and then grabbed his things, putting on shoes to head out.

When he opened the front door, he let out a shriek of surprise as he nearly bumped face first into Taehyung who was holding a muffin with a candle.

Surprise!” he exclaimed and gave him his biggest boxy smile. Jimin was awestruck for a moment before relief and utter joy washed over him. He threw himself at Taehyung, wrapping his arms around his neck for a crushing hug, nearly setting the two of them on fire if Taehyung hadn't held the candle away from them.

Happy Birthday, Minnie!” Taehyung said and Jimin sighed, a big weight being lifted off his chest.

I-...I thought...nevermind...” he mumbled and as he opened his eyes and wanted to pull away from Taehyung, he then noticed that he wasn't alone. Namjoon and Hoseok were waiting in the back, leaning against Namjoon's car. Jimin blushed a little and pulled away from Taehyung.

I hope you didn't make plans, 'cause we made some.” Taehyung said and Jimin looked between him and the older males.

Come on, get in the car birthday boy!” Namjoon said with a bright smile and Jimin's heart stuttered excitedly before he closed the door behind himself.

Wait, you gotta blow out the candle!” Taehyung insisted and held the muffin in front of him with his sincere puppy eyes.

Make a wish!” Hoseok said and Jimin glanced at Namjoon before he closed his eyes and blew out the candle.

As he followed Taehyung to the car, Namjoon held open the door to the backseat for him. Jimin thanked him without daring to look at him this up close and got in the car. Taehyung sat with him in the backseat, handing him the muffin. Jimin raised an eyebrow.

You didn't bake this did you? I'd feel safer if you just bought it.” Jimin said and Taehyung playfully hit his shoulder.

Hey! And I didn't, don't worry. Namjoon did.” Taehyung said and Jimin prayed his cheeks wouldn't flush too much as he looked up, his eyes meeting Namjoon's smiling ones in the rear view mirror. He quickly looked down and started eating the muffin as Namjoon started the car and the music.

So where are we going?” Jimin asked and Taehyung grinned.

Do you hear the music?” Taehyung answered and Jimin blinked, paying attention and gasping.

We're going to Disneyland??!!!” Jimin exclaimed and the others chuckled. If Jimin had payed even more attention, he would've noticed how Namjoon was looking at him fondly through the rear view mirror.

Of course. They called and said they are missing a disney prince.” Taehyung said and Jimin blushed, playfully hitting his shoulder. Jimin didn't feel like a Disney prince at all. There was someone else in the car that rather seemed like one to him. But that was bull right? There was no love in real life like there was in Disney movies and there were no Disney princes in real life...but Jimin wouldn't mind forgetting about that and diving into the world of Disney for a day.

The drive was filled with lots of laughter and singing. Jimin actually managed to turn his head off and be himself, which meant, singing along to the songs passionately along with Taehyung. When they arrived, Taehyung and Jimin were beyond excited and giddily hurried out of the car, running to the entrance. Namjoon and Hoseok smiled and gave each other a look before they followed them.

After several attractions and Hoseok trying to get out of anything fast or high, they got ice cream and kept walking together to search for their next adventure. Hoseok took Taehyung's hand, lacing their fingers together. Taehyung beamed at him and leaned in to try his ice cream, giggling as they walked ahead. It felt so good to walk around like this, feeling free, no hiding, no secret.

Namjoon and Jimin walked a few feet behind them, eating their ice cream, though now that they were so close again and Taehyung was distracted, Jimin found it incredibly hard to eat his ice cream without tripping over, because Namjoon's presence next to him was apparently enough to make him forget how to function. The silence between them wasn't uncomfortable, yet thick with tension.

Did you like the muffin?” Namjoon suddenly asked and Jimin actually tripped just at the sound of his voice, but Namjoon was quick to grab his arm, keeping him from falling. Jimin blushed furiously and felt his skin burn where Namjoon had held him after he let go.

Are you okay?” he said, voice soft and smooth but when Jimin dared to glance at him he saw that the other was the slightest bit amused. That look was yet again enough to make his heart beat faster so he straightened and walked on, trying to remember the question the other had asked him.

I did.” Jimin said, eyes looking forward. Namjoon looked over at him.

I liked the muffin. It was yummy. Thanks Joonie...” he said and Namjoon couldn't deny how his heart did something at the sound of his nickname. It was odd. Jimin had been calling him that ever since they'd known each other, but hearing it now stirred Namjoon differently.

You're welcome. Taehyung would have burned the kitchen down if I had let him try to bake.” He answered and the giggle that escaped Jimin also found a new home in Namjoon's heart. They walked for a few seconds in silence.

When I woke up, I-...I kinda thought-” he started, looking down at his ice cream.

Thought what?” Namjoon asked curiously, looking over at him. Jimin took a breath.

I thought Taehyung had...forgotten.” he mumbled. Namjoon took a moment to understand what he meant.

Oh Jimin, he would never...he's been planning this for months, he was giddy and excited the last few weeks, trying to keep it a secret.”

Jimin looked over at him with big eyes. “Really?”

Namjoon looked over at him and reached over to brush Jimin's hair out of his face, ruffling it like he had done so many times out of habit.

Of course. You're his best friend. He would never forget about your birthday.” Namjoon said and it was impossible not to notice how Jimin's cheeks had flushed a little. The older wasn't prepared for the sudden wide smile that spread on Jimin's face. He probably stared for a moment too long before he tore his eyes away.

-

Taehyung felt a fuzzy feeling whenever they would lace their fingers together to hold hands. Whether it was Taehyung who continuously walked closer until he could subtly grab his boyfriend's hand or Hoseok who would reach out his hand with a fond gaze and expectant eyes as if he was telling Taehyung that he belonged to him over and over again. It felt incredible to be able to do this freely now, displaying their affection even in front of Namjoon, unaware that the older brother was actually pretty distracted .

Whenever they would walk like this, Taehyung felt proud and grateful to be the one at Hoseok's side and the older one was asking himself every time he looked at him, how he had gotten so lucky. Taehyung's excitement over Disneyland brought a wide boxy smile upon his face, one that never failed to make Hoseok's heart beat faster and make his chest feel warm.

When the sun was starting to set, Taehyung and Hoseok said they wanted to ride the Ferris wheel one more time. They had ridden it earlier all together, but Jimin immediately knew what was up when he exchanged a look with his best friend.

Go ahead, we'll wait for you.” he said before Namjoon could interject anything. Taehyung grinned happily and bit his lip as he took Hoseok's hand and pulled him to the Ferris wheel.

We could've ridden another round with them too. Did you not want to?” Namjoon asked and Jimin giggled a little, finding it adorable how clueless Namjoon seemed.

Joon, they want some alone time, we should grant them that.” he said and Namjoon's brows rose, before he broke into a grin as well.

Oh...yeah you're probably right.”

It's not ideal to be making out in front of your big brother, you know.” Jimin added with a chuckle and a wink that undoubtedly made Namjoon's heart skip a beat.

Jimin!” Namjoon exclaimed over-exaggeratedly.

What? It's true! What else would they do on a Ferris wheel at sunset?” Jimin said cheekily and then looked around, spotting a photo booth.

Hey, let's take a picture together, we could wear some of the cute animal headbands we bought.”

Oh, have mercy on me!” Namjoon said but chuckled and followed Jimin to the booth, wondering if this was something Jimin would do on a date. Before they stepped into the photo booth, Jimin pulled out the headbands. He chose one with cute bear ears, stepping up to Namjoon and looking anywhere but his eyes as he got on his tiptoes to put the headband on Namjoon. His cheeks had flushed again as he stepped back to look at him.

It's-...it's-” he spluttered.

Ridiculous?” Namjoon asked and Jimin shook his head, seemingly blushing even harder.

N-No..it...suits you...really well...” he mumbled and Namjoon didn't quite know what to make of his reaction. He reached for the headbands in Jimin's hand and stepped closer, choosing a typical mouse headband with a cute bow between the ears. He put it on Jimin and smiled. Jimin was naturally very cute but this headband made it worse. What made it even worse was how Jimin was looking up at him with big eyes.

Do I look okay?” he asked, voice small and unsure. Namjoon's breath got stuck in his throat. It felt like time had stopped for the both of them as Namjoon's eyes trailed over Jimin's features. “You do...” he mumbled. “More than okay...”

Jimin was convinced his knees might give in if he dared to hold eye-contact with Namjoon, so he tore his eyes away and stepped into the photo booth that had a very small space to sit. He hadn't expected it to be this small. And he really hadn't thought this through. Namjoon squeezed himself inside as well.

Wow, okay, who did they build this for? Dwarfs?” Namjoon commented and Jimin huffed.

You're simply a giant.” he answered and tried to figure out what to do. Namjoon apparently already had. The older sat on the small surface and turned a little sideways.

Sit on my leg, you're smaller than me anyway. This way our faces will be closer on the photo and our legs are cropped out anyway.” he said nonchalantly as if it was nothing, but it wasn't. Absolutely not. At least not for him. How did the other expect him to just casually get on his lap after what had taken place between them or rather what hadn't taken place...

Did it not bother him at all...?

Jimin tried to control his nervous breathing as he tried to act as unbothered as Namjoon, eventually sitting down on his leg and adjusting his position. He just hoped his flushed cheeks wouldn't show on the photo. He suppressed a gasp when he felt one of Namjoon's arms loosely wrap around his waist.

Little did Jimin know that Namjoon himself was wondering how he had gotten himself into this and how stupid he felt. What had he expected? He tried his best to act like everything was normal, but the situation was affecting him as much as Jimin. He should've known that it wouldn't be a good idea to share such a small space with Jimin.

There was a part of Namjoon that was convinced that it was nothing more than a fleeting crush that would eventually pass, but there was another part of him that felt a growing notion that they would never go back to the way they were.

He couldn't help noticing how light his weight felt on his lap, how the warmth of his body was relaxing him, spreading some goosebumps on his skin.

When had he started to notice all these things? When had he started to see Jimin in such a different light? It felt upsetting and sudden, yet the deeper Namjoon dug, he couldn't deny that he had always felt something towards Jimin. But when had sympathy turned into an attraction so intense that it kept him up at night...?

-

From the moment the Ferris wheel started moving, even if slowly, Taehyung felt Hoseok's hand on his grip tighten. He turned to him and scooted closer, squeezing his hand gently.

Hobi, are you okay?” he asked, his brows furrowing as his eyes trailed over his boyfriend's features, noticing how he seemed a bit anxious.

It's- it's gonna be fine. I'm just a bit afraid of heights, but I can handle this.” he said, taking slow and deep breaths. Taehyung reached up to cup his cheek, trying to sooth him with tender caresses and making his face turn to him.

Are you sure it's okay? Earlier when we rode it, you seemed fine.” Taehyung said.

Hoseok smiled a littlle. “I tried my hardest not to let it show, you guys were so excited.” He answered and Taehyung looked back at him with big glassy eyes. He felt horrible. Hoseok had fought his way through a round and now Taehyung had pulled him into another one. He started to ramble hurriedly. “Why didn't you tell me? I'm sure there's a way to stop this, there must be some kind of emergency button! Where is it? God, I'm the worst boyfriend on this planet.” he spluttered and looked around nervously. Hoseok chuckled and sighed.

No, you're not. It's fine, Tae, just stop freaking out, it's not helping. Distract me.” he said and his heart melted at how worried and apologetic Taehyung looked as he returned his boyfriend's gaze.

But why didn't you stop me when I pulled you into this?” he asked in frustration and Hoseok leaned closer, his eyes trailing over his boyfriend's face in a way that made the other feel fuzzy.

Because I wanted to get some alone time with you.”

Heat immediately rose to Taehyung's cheeks and he barely even noticed how his hand was gripping at Hoseok's shirt. The older leaned in to brush their noses together and then proceeded to nuzzle their faces together, skin touching tenderly and giving them both goosebumps.

Wasn't I supposed to distract you?” Taehyung mumbled with a smile and Hoseok hummed, trailing soft kisses to Taehyung's neck to bury his face in the crook of his neck. The younger male shuddered and gasped softly, wrapping his arms around Hoseok's neck, playing with his hair a little. Hoseok tugged him on his lap and hugged Taehyung tightly, keeping his face in his neck. Taehyung was truly the only thing that could manage to distract him from this ride. Hoseok closed his eyes and focused only on him. His scent. His skin. His breath. His body against his.

He felt the younger one's fingers starting to comb and drag through his hair as he nuzzled his face into it, wanting to be even closer, just closer.

Hoseok felt his racing heart starting to slow down, calming him down, yet at the same time a different kind of butterflies spread in his tummy as he kissed his way back up to Taehyung's face. Their eyes met and they only faintly noticed how the colorful lights of the sunset were bathing their faces in a soft warm light. Taehyung's hands moved to cup Hoseok's face, letting out a few shaky breaths as he held his gaze.

Will I ever stop being this nervous when I'm with you?” Taehyung mumbled, blushing a little. Hoseok smiled brightly.

I hope not. I would be the only nervous one then.” he said and wrapped his arms around his waist. Taehyung blinked and leaned their foreheads together, looking away from Hoseok's eyes to keep his racing heart in line.

You get nervous too?” Taehyung asked softly.

Of course I do, Tae...” he whispered and leaned closer until their breaths mingled. “Can't you feel that my breath is as shaky as yours?” he added softly, voice shaking a little as well. Taehyung's cheeks flushed even more as he looked up at him again with big eyes. He wanted to say something, but his body acted before he could get any words out, urging forward to press their lips together. It somehow felt as exciting and as overwhelming as their first kiss. Taehyung held onto his face, fingers brushing over his skin as he scrambled closer, wanting to bury himself deeper in his boyfriend's embrace.

Hoseok slid one hand up his spine to tangle his fingers in Taehyung' hair, feeling the younger shuddering under his touch. He loved when Taehyung's body was so honest, reacting to his every touch, showing him so clearly that he was his. Hoseok sighed against his lips and kissed him slowly, without any rush, yet they could both feel the longing in their kiss.

Missed this...” Taehyung mumbled quietly against his lips.

Me too...it was hard not to hold you this close and kiss you all day in front of your brother...” Hoseok mumbled and brushed their lips together before leaning in to kiss him again, head tilting as he on his soft lips, humming into the kiss. Taehyung kept holding onto his face as he let out another shaky breath before he willingly leaned into the kiss as well, deepening it a little.

They got lost in the moment and only when they pulled apart for air for yet another time, Taehyung glanced aside and noticed that their ride was almost over. He whined and buried his face on Hoseok's shoulder, soaking up the last bits of their intimacy and calming his pounding heart. Hoseok wrapped his arms around him and just held him. As their gondola got closer to the floor where people could see them, Taehyung reluctantly slid off of Hoseok's lap and grasped his hand again, lacing their fingers together as he looked up at him.

Hoseokie...”

Tae...”

-

Are you ready?” Namjoon asked as he leaned forward to push the button for the photo. As he leaned forward his voice was nearly unbearably close to Jimin's ear and the younger had to suppress a shudder. He wished he had never suggested this, he just wanted to get this over with before he would lose his mind or do something stupid or god forbid let Namjoon know how ing nervous he was.

Yes.” Jimin said and swallowed before he put on a smiley face for the photo. When the photo was taken and it appeared on screen, Namjoon chuckled. “It's fine, right?” he said and Jimin couldn't help thinking that they looked like a couple there.

Yeah...” he mumbled and took a deep breath. “Let's take it.” he said and pushed another button on the touch screen to print the photo. When he got up and turned to squeeze out of the booth, he stumbled and nearly fell on Namjoon if it hadn't been for the older to catch him, hands on his waist. Jimin had automatically held onto his shoulders for leverage and he was convinced his face was about to turn into a tomato as he noticed how close their faces were. Namjoon seemed as surprised as he was, both of them hyper aware of their hands on each other, though, before they simultaneously let go of each other.

I'm sorry!” Jimin said and got up, basically storming out of the booth before Namjoon could so much as get a single word out. As Jimin got out of the booth, he saw Hoseok and Taehyung walking towards them, hand in hand, looking blissfully happy.

Namjoon got out of the booth as well with the intention to talk to Jimin, but he saw Taehyung and Hoseok approaching so he decided against it and grabbed the photo from the printer.

A photo booth! Yes! Jimin, we have to take a photo too! And I want one with Hoseok!” Taehyung said excitedly and Hoseok smiled at him.

It's very small though, we barely squeezed Joon in there.” Jimin said and Taehyung laughed as he grabbed his best friend to pull him into the booth.

-

On the way home, both Jimin and Taehyung passed out on the backseat, completely exhausted. Whenever Namjoon looked through the rearview mirror he caught a glimpse of a sleeping Jimin with the mouse ears still on and he had to keep himself from smiling from ear to ear.

The Disney songs were still playing faintly through the sound system and Hoseok turned down the volume even further to talk.

Joon?” Hoseok said nonchalantly.

Yeah?”

What's going on with Jimin?” He asked and it took all of Namjoon's sanity to not crash the car and panic. He tried to keep his calm and glanced at the mirror to check if Jimin and Taehyung were still sound asleep.

I don't know what you're talking about.” Namjoon said and gripped the steering wheel a little tighter. Hoseok huffed.

I know you better than that. Jimin was all flushed and flustered when he came out of that photo booth. What happened?”

Nothing. He just stumbled. Maybe he was embarrassed about it.”

Yeah sure.” Hoseok said and they hushed for a few moments.

I'm there when you're ready to talk about it.” Hoseok added and Namjoon's hands relaxed a little.

Thanks...” he said and glanced over to let him know he meant it.

-

When they arrived at Jimin's apartment, the younger ones were both still asleep.

Namjoon turned off the engine and got out of the car, opening the back door. He crouched down and gently rubbed Jimin's thigh.

Jimin...” he whispered and gently nudged him, but Jimin only whined a little. Namjoon sighed and trailed his eyes over his peaceful sleeping face, lips more pouty than ever. He didn't have the heart to wake him up. He reached into his pocket to get Jimin's keys and then leaned inside, unbuckling him and pulling Jimin's arms around his neck. The younger mumbled something and loosely held onto Namjoon as the older lifted him out of the car.

I'll be right back.” he said and Hoseok smiled to himself.

As he carried Jimin to the front door, the younger nuzzled into him further, burying his head in his neck and letting out a soft sound. Namjoon tried to focus on the task: open the door, get Jimin to bed, leave. But it wasn't so easy. He fished Jimin's keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door, stepping inside and silently closing it with his foot. When the door was closed he let out a breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding.

He carried Jimin to his room and sat on the bed, still holding him as he reached out to take off his shoes and the mouse headband. When he tried to peel Jimin off to lay him on the bed, the younger clung to him and sighed. “Joonie...” he mumbled and the sound made Namjoon's heart skip a beat. As Namjoon's resolve was faltering, he dared to black out the world around just to hold him for a moment, wrapping his arms around him tighter and nuzzling his head on his.

Minnie...” he mumbled with a sigh and realized that the longer he held him, the closer they got, the harder it was to pull away again. Jimin stirred a little and immediately buried himself further in Namjoon's warmth, one arm around his neck as the other hand rested on his chest, face buried in his neck, feeling his heart pounding underneath. He felt the arms around him, cradling him closer and Jimin wasn't yet conscious enough to realize what was happening here.

I have to go...” Namjoon mumbled, but the way he nuzzled his face into Jimin's hair spoke a different truth.

Don't...” Jimin whined out softly.

Hoseok's waiting in the car.” Namjoon tried to reason, with Jimin or with himself, he wasn't sure. It was silent for a few moments that felt like an eternity and Namjoon could barely deal with everything he felt and sensed. He felt Jimin's fingers gripping at his shirt. He felt his breath against his neck. He smelled the faint scent of his shampoo lingering in his hair. He felt how Jimin perfectly fit right there in his arms.

If it weren't for Hoseok...and Tae...would you stay then?” Jimin mumbled and Namjoon's heart was pounding furiously as he got conscious of what he was doing here.

I would...but I shouldn't...” Namjoon replied and let out a deep sigh. Jimin lifted his face, but in the room that was only lit by moonlight, he could barely make out the outline of Namjoon's face, yet it felt all the more electrifying, because instead of focusing on what he could see, he focused on what he felt.

He could feel his heart pounding faster and harder as he came to terms with reality. He was in his room, right here in Namjoon's arms. He felt his arms around him, his warm body under his fingers, the faint brush of his breath as their faces were closer than expected. Just when he thought his heart couldn't beat any faster, he felt Namjoon's thumb brush over his soft lips. His breath hitched and he felt like the world had stopped turning for a moment. Jimin's hands slumped down to rest on Namjoon's chest, feeling the movements of breathing under his fingers as he lightly held onto his shirt. Jimin's heart was going crazy in his chest, breaths trembling as his eyes fluttered shut. Namjoon's fingers traced over his features, slow and careful. Jimin had never been touched in such a way, it made him feel more nervous than ever before. He didn't think he could get any words out even if he wanted to. They had touched each other more than enough times ever since they knew each other yet it had never felt like this, leaving them both wondering when things had changed without them realizing.

Namjoon couldn't tell how long he'd been tracing his fingers over Jimin's face, he had gotten lost in the way it made his heart race like it hadn't in a very long time. The reality of what he was doing brought him back to his senses, making him pull his hand away. Jimin nearly let out a whine from the loss of contact, already missing his touch with an intensity that nearly overwhelmed him. The thought of going to bed alone now, without Namjoon's warm arms around him, made his heart throb.

It's been a long day Jimin...you should go to sleep now.” Namjoon said and the way he sounded so incredibly sober like this hadn't affected him at all made Jimin swallow a lump in his throat. He didn't want to make a fool out of himself for any longer. Namjoon had already told him quite clearly that he wasn't interested in exploring this, so why couldn't he just switch this off... ?!

Jimin mumbled some type of agreement and let go of Namjoon, slipping under his covers and turning away from him to curl up and comfort himself. There was silence for a few moments and Jimin wasn't sure if the older had left yet. He nearly jumped out of surprise when he suddenly felt a warm breath against the side of his face. Namjoon was hovering over him, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his cheek that immediately tingled and heated up from the contact, goosebumps spreading all over his body.

Happy Birthday Minnie...” Namjoon whispered and then his presence was gone. Jimin brought his knees to his chest and pulled the covers higher over him, trying to get his heart and breath back in line.

-

Namjoon took a few moments in the hall, leaning against the wall as he tried to gather his senses. His heart was still pounding heavily in his chest. How had he let it get this far? Why couldn't he control himself better? Why couldn't he stay away? Jimin wasn't exactly making it easy for him though. God, he would love to get back in there and pull him back into his arms, hold him all through the night...but he couldn't. And he shouldn't. And he wouldn't...right?!

He let out a groan and realized it would only get harder the longer he stayed there, so he pushed off the wall and returned to the car. Hoseok had moved to the backseat to hold his sleeping boyfriend, brushing his hair out of his face and pressing kisses to his head as he listened to his breathing. Namjoon smiled and got back in the car.

Took quite a while hm?” Hoseok mumbled, but there wasn't much pressure behind it and Namjoon just looked at him through the rear view mirror, sighing before he started the engine and drove them home.

You're gonna stay over right?” Namjoon asked after a while.

If you're fine with it.” Hoseok answered, hoping that Namjoon was, because he was convinced it would physically pain him to leave the currently sleeping boy alone in his bed. Taehyung was slightly pouting in his sleep and it was by far the cutest thing he'd seen so far. It took all of his self control not to shower his face in kisses in front of Namjoon.

Of course I am.” Namjoon said, face scrunching up like Hoseok had said something completely absurd. Hoseok's heart felt lighter immediately and he leaned his head on Taehyung's, closing his eyes. Without even realizing it, he had started to breathe along with Taehyung, accommodating to his rhythm and taking long deep breaths with him that made his heart feel content. He had almost drifted off to sleep as well when the car came to a halt.

Do I have to carry you both inside as well?” Namjoon asked softly, chuckling as he looked back at them. Hoseok groaned softly and straightened.

No, I'm up.” he muttered, yawning. “I don't know about Tae, though.” he added and turned to look at his boyfriend's peaceful sleeping face. He cupped his face in his hands and brushed his hair out of his face.

Tae...Taehyungie...we're home...” he said softly and hummed. He was thankfully still sane enough to not call him baby right in front of Namjoon. Taehyung stirred a little, leaning into his hands and blinking his sleepy eyes open only for them to drop back closed again and again.

Hm?” he brought out with a drowsy voice. Hoseok smiled a little and unbuckled him. “Come on, let's get you to bed.” he said and Taehyung grumbled, clinging to him. Namjoon opened the car door and helped them get out. Taehyung managed to stand and drag himself forward, clinging to Hoseok like he was his lifeline. Namjoon walked ahead and opened the front door while Hoseok kissed his boyfriend's head and put most of his weight on himself to help him walk. He wanted to get him to rest as fast as possible.

Taehyung whined and sighed as they made their way upstairs. Hoseok dragged him to his room and shut the door behind them after mumbling a quiet “Good night” to Namjoon.

Hobi~” Taehyung whined again as soon as the door was shut. Hoseok hugged him to his body and picked him up, nuzzling their faces together. “I know baby, we're almost there.” he cooed softly and carried him over to the bed, putting him down gently before he took off his clothes. Taehyung didn't move much, already asleep again probably. Hoseok chuckled and undressed him until he was left in his boxers. He then got rid of his own clothes, tossing them aside without care. All he cared about was to get in bed and hold Taehyung close. He pulled the covers aside and nudged Taehyung to make some room, before he slipped next to him. Taehyung immediately turned to him and snuggled into his chest, pulling him close and letting out a soft sigh.

Night...” Taehyung whispered and Hoseok hugged him closer, relaxing into the pillow.

Night...love you baby...” he whispered and Taehyung wiggled closer.

Mmmlove you too...” Taehyung muttered and Hoseok's heart did a somersault before he closed his eyes and drifted into dreamland.