Complicated

Secret Butterflies

Taehyung was relieved when he could go back to school, because during the week he was at home, alone with his thoughts, he had been close to going crazy. After what had happened on the day he went to the doctor, his mind and his heart had been a mess. He had tried to distract himself to force Hoseok out of his thoughts, but it didn't quite work the way he had hoped.

During the end of the week he got a text from Hoseok, asking him if he was feeling better, but Taehyung didn't answer. He knew it was a little rude, because Hoseok had picked him up from the doctor and all, but he just wanted to black the whole thing between them out for now...

Hoseok got a little worried and nonchalantly asked Namjoon about him. So when Namjoon told him that Taehyung was feeling better and going back to school the following week, Hoseok took Taehyung's non-existent reply as a sign to give him some time and stay distant...no matter how hard it was gonna be for himself. And it was really...frickin'...hard.

Ever since the boy had made his way into Hoseok's head, he didn't seem to leave anytime soon. Hoseok felt guilty, because Namjoon was one of his best friends and he knew how protective he was about his little brother, but he just couldn't help it...what the hell had gotten into him?!
 

 

Being back in school and spending time with his friends, especially Jimin, helped Taehyung to keep his mind off of Hoseok.

One day, Jimin hit him with the glorious idea of getting themselves into a night club with fake IDs. Apparently Jimin had done it before and persuaded Taehyung to come with him. Taehyung was hesitant at first, but he somehow felt an itch to go and have a fun night, drink a little and forget about Hoseok, so he agreed and told Namjoon that he was gonna stay over at Jimin's place for a movie night. As soon as he arrived at Jimin's place, his friend threw a bundle of clothes at him and told him to change. Taehyung was a bit flustered, but didn't complain. He always trusted Jimin when it came to outfits, so he just obeyed and changed into the clothes he had been given.

Surprise! I got us something to preparty~” Jimin said when they had both changed into their outfits and pulled out a bottle of wine.

You're crazy...” Taehyung said and shook his head with a small smile.

Come on, you sure need it. This night's gonna distract you from whatever has been on your mind lately...” Jimin said and opened the bottle. Taehyung blushed a little.

What?” he asked.

Don't even try denying it, you've been a little off and absentminded for weeks now...” Jimin said and Taehyung looked a little bashful.

It's okay if you don't want to tell me...just let me be your friend and help you take your mind off of...whatever it is...” Jimin added and took a big gulp from the bottle before he handed it to Taehyung.

Okay...”Taehyung said and sighed before he also took a sip from the bottle. They hushed for a moment.

Is it because of a girl...?” Jimin asked and Taehyung just shook his head before taking another gulp of the wine.

Is it because of a guy?” Jimin then asked and Taehyung blushed. Before he could open his mouth and deny it, Jimin had already caught on it and freaked out.

I knew it! Damn, I knew it! Who is it? What's the matter? What's going on?” Jimin babbled and Taehyung just looked down, blushing harder.

I-I...Jimin...it's...it's complicated...” he said and Jimin sighed.

Alright...well...whoever it is and whatever's going on, let's forget about that tonight, okay?” Jimin said and Taehyung nodded with a small smile before he gave the bottle back to Jimin.

Let's go party!”
 

 

The longer the silence between them lasted, the harder it was for Hoseok. Every single day he had to fight with himself to not text Taehyung and every day he only barely won that fight. He felt like going crazy. The boy was in his head, day and night, and no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't chase him out of his thoughts.

He was pretty much thankful for every distraction, so when a friend of him asked him to go clubbing he immediately agreed to go.

Things turned out different from how he had planned, though. About an hour after entering the club, Hoseok was just leaning against the wall in a corner, with an untouched drink in his hand and a gloomy face. Somehow he just wasn't in the mood to party at all. He had wanted to get hammered to forget about Taehyung, at least for one night, but as soon as he took a sip of his drink, he just wasn't in the mood for it anymore.

Hoseok let out a big sigh and questioned why the hell he was even still there. He put his drink aside and scanned the crowd of dancing people. His eyes stopped, when he spotted a familiar face. He took a closer look and his jaw dropped a little when he recognized the person as Taehyung. He had dolled up and looked even more gorgeous than he usually already did. But the question was, what was he doing in a night club at this hour?! He wasn't legally an adult, yet, so he wasn't supposed to be there.

He was dancing with another boy that looked his age, probably his friend, and Hoseok felt immersed in watching him when he saw him dance to the music with a bright smile on his face. Hoseok's heart made a few jumps and he found it a little hard to breathe. That was until he saw an older guy approach Taehyung on the dance floor. Hoseok carefully watched the scene and saw the guy starting to dance with Taehyung from behind. It didn't surprise him. Anyone who looks at Taehyung like this, would want to have him.

Hoseok saw Taehyung looking a bit surprised, but then shyly dancing along with the guy. He in a deep breath and wanted to look away, but he couldn't. Then he saw the guy holding onto Taehyung and grinding up against him while touching him. Anger flared up in Hoseok and when he noticed that Taehyung was trying to escape the guy's grip with panic in his eyes, Hoseok saw red. He pushed himself off the wall and made his way into the crowd. When he reached them he grabbed the guy and hauled him off of Taehyung. He shoved him away and then went right up into his personal space as he looked at him threateningly.

Don't you dare lay another finger on him or I'll break every single one of them. Get out of my sight.” He spat at the guy's face in a deeper voice. The guy mumbled something and put his hands up in defense as he turned around and got lost.

Hoseok then turned around to Taehyung who was looking at him with big eyes and Hoseok's face immediately softened as he walked over to him and without thinking about it, brought his hands up to softly cup Taehyung's cheeks as he stepped closer to him.

Are you okay?” he asked in a soft voice as his eyes roamed over Taehyung's face.

The boy felt completely overwhelmed by suddenly seeing Hoseok again like this, and now, having him this close and being touched by him. His heart started thumping heavily in his chest as he just looked at Hoseok and nodded slowly. For a few moments they just stared at each other and Jimin stood a few feet away watching the scene with eagle eyes.

Hoseok then let go of his face to grab his hand.

Come with me.” he said and pulled him out of the crowd and towards the exit of the club. Jimin followed them until they were all out in the chilly air of the night. Hoseok let go of Taehyung's hand and turned to him.

Taehyung, what are you even doing here?” Hoseok asked and it sounded harder than he had intended it to. Taehyung blushed and looked down bashfully.

W-We got fake IDs and-” he started and pointed to Jimin who looked a little embarrased too.

What?” Hoseok asked and sighed while running a hand through his hair.

Taehyung...I get it, I did this stuff too, but you should've at least brought someone older with you, it can be dangerous for two young boys like you to go to such a club alone...” he said and Taehyung looked like he was about to drown in shame.

Please don't tell Joon...” he said and bit his lip. Hoseok's face softened and he sighed again.

I won't Taehyung...I promise...come on, I'll drive you guys home.”

Uhm, I'm gonna stay at Jimin's place, I told Namjoon that we're having a sleepover...” Taehyung said and Hoseok just nodded and led them to his car.

The drive to Jimin's apartment was mostly silent except for Jimin explaining to Hoseok where he had to drive. When they arrived, they all got out of the car, Hoseok too, and walked up to the front door. Jimin unlocked it and stepped inside. When Taehyung was about to follow him inside with his head hung low, Hoseok gently grabbed his arm to stop him, sending him a telling look.

Uhm, go ahead, Jimin. I'll be in in a moment, okay?” Taehyung said to Jimin who just nodded and left the door open just a slit before disappearing into the apartment.

Hoseok let go of Taehyung's arm and the boy slowly turned to him with his head still down. It pulled at Hoseok's heartstrings and he sighed.

Taehyung...I'm not scolding you for having fun, I didn't mean to spoil your night, but it can be really dangerous for a minor to go to a night club alone...I just worried...” Hoseok said and Taehyung just nodded, still not looking up at him.

Tae, I-...just....just the thought of that guy touching you like that still makes me wanna bash his head in...” He then added and his voice was shaking a little in trouble. Taehyung's eyes widened and his head shot up, looking at Hoseok with flushed cheeks. They looked at each other and both felt like someone was clutching their chest, making it hard to breathe. Hoseok then suddenly stepped closer and cradled his face in his hands, pulling him close until their breaths mingled. Taehyung startled and his heart skipped a few beats.

It's hard, Tae...it's so hard...please tell me it's not only hard for me...tell me it's hard for you too...” Hoseok aspirated. Taehyung's heart was about to leap out of his chest and he felt like he had lost the ability to talk. He bit his lip and avoided looking into Hoseok's eyes as he tried to stay reasonable, but it was quite impossible with him this close.

Hoseok then leaned his forehead against Taehyung's and the boy had a moment of weakness. He gripped at Hoseok's jacket and pulled him closer. The older immediately wrapped his arms around him, pulling him into a tight hug and holding him close. Taehyung released a shaky breath and buried his face in Hoseok's shoulder. The older held him securely in his arms and they both relaxed at the feel of their warm bodies against each other, keeping them warm in the cool air of the night. Taehyung held onto Hoseok as if his life depended on it and gave in to his drunk mind, allowing his heart to hammer and flutter in his chest. They had no idea how long they stood there just grasping each other, nothing more, just holding each other in a silent attempt to chase all the worries away...

That was until Taehyung's last bit of rationality chimed in and forced him to pull away. He backed out of Hoseok's arms, slow and hesitant, and Hoseok let him, although his heart was aching to pull him back into his arms. But he understood. He knew the whole situation was complicated and confusing. And somehow screwed up. Neither of them knew what to do...

Good night...” Hoseok whispered.

Good night...” Taehyung replied, not daring to look into the other's eyes before he turned around and went inside, closing the door behind him.