The First or The Last?

Secret Butterflies

It was Friday and Taehyung was more than relieved that the weekend had finally rolled around. He'd had a bad day that somehow resulted in him getting a headache and he wanted nothing more than to get into his room and laze around in bed for the next two days.

When he unlocked the front door and entered the house, he automatically called out: “Joon, I'm home.”

There was no answer and Taehyung frowned a little before he remembered that his brother was once again on a trip for a few days. He sighed and facepalmed himself. He'd been feeling a little out of it the whole week, it didn't surprise him that he forgot about it. But on the other hand he didn't mind having the house to himself for the weekend, he wasn't really in the mood for any company at all.

So he closed the door and slipped out of his shoes. He went to the living room and tossed his backpack on the couch before he went straight to the kitchen. He opened the fridge and saw that there were still some leftovers from the day before so he took the box and put it in the microwave to reheat it. As he waited he checked his phone and saw a message from Jimin, asking him if he wanted to hang out on Saturday, but Taehyung really wasn't in the mood for anything or anyone. He sighed and told Jimin that he wasn't feeling well. It wasn't even a lie, his head was hurting and he'd been feeling weird all day, just wanting to curl up in bed and be alone.

When the microwave beeped to signal that his food was ready, he opened it and grabbed a fork before he sat down on the couch and the TV just to have a distraction. When he was done eating he took care of his dishes and then grabbed his backpack, sauntering upstairs. Once in his room, he changed into comfortable clothes and settled in his bed, letting out a content sigh. It didn't take long for him to doze off...

-

When Taehyung woke up it was already evening and he felt a little groggy. He stretched in bed and yawned before he turned over and looked at his phone to check the time. He picked it up and sighed when he saw how long he had slept. Then suddenly a new message popped up on his screen. When he saw that it was from Hoseok, he nearly dropped his phone. His heart stumbled in his chest and he opened the message.

'Hey, what are you up to?'

Taehyung knew.

Taehyung knew where this was leading, but he felt conflicted. They hadn't seen each other in a while and he was missing him, a LOT: Like, he had spent the last weeks, checking his phone every few minutes in hopes of getting a message from Hoseok and daydreaming during class about him. Somehow the older male seemed to have a talent for texting him whenever Taehyung was least expecting it.

He was still sleepy and it took him a while to type a coherent answer.

'Just lazing at home.'

After hitting send, he slowly sat up an stretched again, trying to properly wake up. Shortly after, his phone lit up again with Hoseok's answer.

'Is Joon home?'

Taehyung read it and texted his reply.

'No, he's on a trip.'

Taehyung grabbed a pillow and clutched it as he waited for Hoseok's next message. When it came, he bit his lip and felt his heart pounding nervously in his chest.

'Are you in the mood for a little company?'

He sighed and whined. He wanted to say 'No', but his heart was screaming 'yes'.

'I don't know. I'm not feeling so well.' He finally replied and was partly regretting it already. He stared at his phone, nervously waiting for Hoseok's answer. His heart skipped a beat when a new message popped up on his phone screen.

'Maybe I can make you feel better.'

Taehyung whined and let himself fall back in bed. He stared at his phone and ignored his head.

'When will you be there...?'

'20 minutes. Are you hungry? I could cook us something.'

Taehyung smiled at the words and typed a reply as he sat up again.

'Sounds good.'

'Alright, I'll bring the stuff I need.'

Taehyung shoved his phone into the pocket of his sweatpants and went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and fix his bed hair. When he was done he went downstairs and tidied up a little. The 20 minutes went by pretty fast and soon he heard the doorbell ringing. He took a deep breath and went to the front door. He still wasn't used to this and to the feeling he had every time when he was about to see Hoseok. His heart was thumping excitedly in his chest when he opened the door and was met with Hoseok's smiling figure. He couldn't help but smile a little too.

Hey”

Hey...” Hoseok replied and Taehyung stepped aside to let him in. “Come in.” he said and closed the door after him. His guest was carrying a small plastic bag and put it down so he could step up to Taehyung and pull him into a gentle hug. The younger sighed and slightly nuzzled into him.

So...why are you not feeling so well?” Hoseok asked softly as he wrapped his arms more around Taehyung and slid one hand up to caress his hair.

Had a bad day and got a headache.” Taehyung mumbled.

Wanna talk about it?” Hoseok asked carefully, but Taehyung shook his head and pressed more into the embrace. The older one smiled and squeezed him gently.

Hungry?” He then asked and Taehyung nodded into his shoulder before they let go of each other. Hoseok picked up the bag and they went to the kitchen. He started unpacking the ingredients and Taehyung asked him what he needed before getting everything ready. He didn't notice Hoseok stealing glances at him with fond eyes as he shuffled around the kitchen to get everything they needed.

Hoseok then the radio on his phone and they started cooking dinner while chatting about school and college and other stuff. Taehyung wasn't the best cook, so Hoseok gave him instructions and the younger male obediently followed them.

When a new song started playing on the radio, they both froze for a second, trying to pinpoint what the feeling was that rushed through their bodies. Then they realized, it was the song that had played that night of the festival, shortly before they left, when Hoseok had taken his hand and led them away from the crowd. It was the song that had played when they started walking down a path that would change everything between them.

Taehyung felt a fuzzy feeling, reliving the emotions of that night and getting goosebumps. He looked up to meet Hoseok's eyes who seemed to be going though it too. His heart was freaking out too much from the eye contact so Taehyung turned away and tried to calm down. How could Hoseok have such an effect on him just by staring into his eyes for a moment?!

The older male pulled the food from the stove and walked over to Taehyung, wrapping both arms around his waist to pull him into a back hug. The younger let out a barely noticeable gasp but didn't protest. Hoseok trailed a few soft kisses to his ear, mumbling the lyrics to the song into his ear just like he had mouthed them that night at the festival.

Taehyung closed his eyes and leaned back into him, placing his hands over Hoseok's, interwining their fingers whereupon the other nuzzled his face into his neck with a happy hum, causing a wave of goosebumps to run over Taehyung's skin.

Did I ever tell you that I couldn't sleep that night...?” Hoseok mumbled. Taehyung shook his head and bit his lip. Hoseok hushed for a few moments and then pressed another sweet kiss to Taehyung's skin. “Do you have any idea how you turned my life upside down...?” he mumbled and the boy's heart nearly collapsed at those words.

I-I-..your-...do you have any idea how you threw MY world into chaos?” Taehyung spluttered and blushed. Hoseok chuckled softly and affectionately nuzzled into his neck as he hugged him tighter. Taehyung looked down and sighed. For a few moments it was completely silent, but they could still feel the electricity in the air around them.

What do we do...?” Taehyung mumbled and sighed. Hoseok wanted to tell him not to worry too much, but nothing came out. They both knew they were basically just ignoring the elephant in the room, ignoring that their future was uncertain and probably star-crossed. Both of them knew for themselves that it wasn't just a fling, that they weren't just playing around and that it wouldn't just pass after some time, but they felt helpless about it.

Hoseok suddenly turned Taehyung around and lifted him on the counter whereupon the younger gasped in surprise and looked at him with rosy cheeks. The older stared up into his eyes and slid his arms back around him, standing close. Taehyung wrapped his legs around him and slid his own hands to Hoseok's shoulders. The other gazed up into his eyes trying to make him understand how he felt.

When Taehyung caught a glimpse of it, he gripped at his shirt and leaned in to press their lips together whereupon Hoseok grabbed his waist and pressed him as close as possible as he melted into the kiss with a small sound that was a mix of joy and despair.

Taehyung's fingers trailed up his neck and into his hair, tangling with wisps of his hair as they lost themselves in their passionate kiss. Hoseok trailed his fingertips along the boy's spine as he explored Taehyung's soft lips like he had never tasted anything better. The younger felt shivers running down his spine and combed his fingers through Hoseok's hair.

They could no longer descry the music or anything else. All they felt, all they smelled, all they tasted were each other.

Their kiss turned deeper, both of them trying to pour in all their frustrated feelings and Taehyung gripped at Hoseok's hair as he silently moaned into Hoseok's mouth. The older male let out a pleased sound and was about to slide his hands under Taehyung's shirt when the boy remembered something and broke the kiss for air. They were both panting softly as the younger one said: “T-The food...”

Hoseok smiled and nuzzled his face into Taehyung's chest whereupon the younger combed his fingers through his hair like it was just natural. Hoseok got goosebumps and let out a happy hum. He then took a deep breath and pulled away. Taehyung was looking down, his cheeks still a little flushed as he slid off the counter and busied himself with getting out plates. Hoseok smiled and went back to the stove, finishing off before he filled their plates. He then pulled something else out of his bag which was a bottle of wine.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow and chuckled. “Are you trying to make me drunk?” He teased and Hoseok grinned as he took out two wine glasses.

Me? Never!” he playfully replied and Taehyung sat down at the table with their plates as Hoseok brought over the wine and the glasses.

I'm still a minor, you know, this is basically illegal.” Taehyung joked.

You weren't exactly sober neither at the festival, nor the one time I met you at the club, so I guess that train has left the station.” Hoseok said and laughed before he reached over to brush a wisp of Taehyung's hair out of his face.

I'm not trying to get you wasted, I just wanted us to have a nice dinner with some wine, since I-” he started and suddenly stopped, pulling his hand back and sighing.

Since I'm not sure it would be a good idea to take you out on a date somewhere public...” he added silently. Taehyung looked down and it was silent for a moment.

I-...I'd never ask for m-more...this is totally fine for me I-...I mean...I never expected t-this to be anything like that I-” Taehyung spluttered and blushed, taking a breath.

I thought m-maybe it would just be a...drunk one-time fling-thing for you and that you'd just go on as ever after that night...or maybe even forget it I-” he added nervously, still looking down and Hoseok leaned over the table and gently grabbed Taehyung's face, trying to lift it, but Taehyung refused.

How can you think that...?” Hoseok mumbled. “I could never...I-...I didn't plan for this to go this way and I never thought I'd lose control like this and let it happen, but it did. And I don't think I'll ever be able to forget about this...about you.” He said and Taehyung's heart was beating in trouble in his chest. Hoseok cupped his cheeks and took another deep breath.

Even when you'll move on, when you'll realize that I'm not worthy of you and that you deserve much better...even if you end this and leave me behind...I don't think I could forget you...” Hoseok added and Taehyung heard the emotions in his voice, but Hoseok's words only reflected Taehyung's own personal fears. He looked up with furrowed brows.

That's all I've been worrying about ever since that night, Hoseok...you are so far out of my league, I don't understand why or how you ever laid an eye on me and I'm so afraid that you'll just realize that I'm not worth the trouble, that I'm not enough for you and leave me behind. I-” Taehyung spluttered out and looked down again. Hoseok wanted to pull him closer but Taehyung broke out of his grip and pushed his chair back, getting up and turning around. Hoseok got up and gently grabbed his arm, but Taehyung yanked it out of his grip and took another step back as he turned to Hoseok with teary eyes.

Why did you have to crash into my life and throw my heart into such a turmoil?” He shouted at Hoseok and the older looked at him with wide eyes, neither of them understanding how they had suddenly gotten to this point, pent up feelings just sputtering out of them.

I-I...I was fine before. Now I can't stop thinking about you and I lie awake at night, not knowing what to do or how to fight this! It's-”

Then don't fight it, Tae!” Hoseok interrupted. “I know it's my fault and I know I should've stayed away, but I ing can't! I can't help it!”

Taehyung was feeling so strangely upset and felt a tear running down his cheek. What was it with this day getting worse and worse...?!

But where do you think this leads? Either one of us breaks the other's heart someday or we get exposed and then we're screwed.” Taehyung shouted with a trembling voice as more tears made their way down his cheeks.

It doesn't have to be that way! Why are you so pessimistic? What if we have a chance at-” Hoseok started, but Taehyung interrupted him.

It has no future!” Taehyung shouted and clasped a hand over his mouth, his tears flowing freely as he was breaking his own heart, so that Hoseok wouldn't have to do it. Little did he know that the other male wanted nothing more than to take his heart and protect it forever.

Hoseok opened his mouth, but he found no more words. Instead he walked up to Taehyung and shut down any protests, taking his hands and pulling them from his face as he leaned in to kiss at his tears.

N-No...” Taehyung mumbled weakly, but couldn't pull away. Hoseok cupped his face and kept kissing at the flowing tears as Taehyung closed his eyes and tried to calm down.

Please leave...” Taehyung mumbled and Hoseok's heart cracked. He stopped and looked at him. The younger male opened his eyes and looked back into Hoseok's, their hearts clearly longing for each other, but Taehyung's head was messing with him.

Hoseok leaned in slowly, wanting to kiss him, but Taehyung turned his head away.

Please don't...” he whispered.

Hoseok shut his eyes and felt his world crumbling. He tenderly brushed his thumb over Taehyung's lips as if he was saying goodbye to them, before he pulled away and left, only grabbing his phone and his keys before he was out of the door.