Chapter 12

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So what I said about that twitter continuation? I lied. I'm making it an SNS account for my AU characters instead. So if you want to see some random AU tweets fo Eun and Daniel, go check it out haha 

Anyway. Here it is! THE chapter! I highly recommend reading the previous chapter first just to refresh your memory about what went down. You'll need it. Cause I did. haha

 

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

 

December, 2018

It's been a month since I last spoke to Daniel. It's not that I didn't try. I did, multiple times. I even went to their place and ran like hell when I step foot in Seoul that day, but just when I was about to take that one last step before knocking on their door, I stopped. 

I thought that, he probably didn't want to talk to me or see me. He needed that space, to think about everything. about us, his life, what he wanted. if... this is, if I was still what he wanted. 

There were so many opportunities for me to talk to him, but I kept holding back. 

For the first two weeks, "He hates me right now" was my reason. After that, "Why hasn't he contacted me either?" was my dilemma. Weeks passed, and now the only thing in my mind is that I miss him.

Every few days, I'd ask one the boys how he was holding up. What he did that day. If he ate properly. If he had enough sleep. and if he talked about me after our fight. 

Their usual response was on some days he was okay, on some he kept spacing out. Sometimes he'd blankly stare at the screen while Jihoon and Woojin played video games in his room. On most days though, he still ate his usual amount. So that was good. 

Until this one night that I went to their place to drop of food (a little token of my appreciation for them telling me all of this) and saw tons of empty beer cans and soju bottles. 

They have a lot of preparations and work load during this time of the year, so they don't drink to stay in good condition. 

Well usually all of them do, except for Daniel (apparently). Pluuuuss, Jihoon told me. 


Deciding I didn't want him jeopardizing his health anymore, I decided to catch him off guard this time. We had to talk eventually. We need to talk about it, no matter how scared we were about this. 

scratch that, no matter how scared I was. 

I called in a favor to Jisung oppa if he could ask Daniel to drop by their Office tonight. If he did decide to go, I'll be waiting outside by the bench we used to sit on, a.k.a the same outdoor bench where he told me he liked me. 

It honestly didn't matter how long it would take me to wait, at the off chance that I could see him. And even if he didn't show up today, I decided that I would grab any possible chance for us to talk. 


I guess the odds were in my favor tonight, because just as I was about to call it an unsuccessful attempt, he walked out, stopped, and looked my way. 


"Hey." I waved my awkward hand hello. I don't know why I did that. It's 10 pm and it's at least negative 20 or so degrees out here. I've waited and pondered for what seemed like hours, I couldn't feel half of my body. 

He walked his way to me, hands in his jacket pocket with a neutral face on. He took a seat beside me in silence, until he dropped one of his heat packs on my lap. 

"Use it. I've been watching you from inside, you must be freezing." He said in his usual gentle manly voice. 

"Thanks." was all I managed to say. 

"I know you've been talking to the guys. And I know you asked Jisung hyung to make me come here." He ever so quietly said. Of course he found out. I bit my lip in guilt. "I'm sorry." I said. 

"About what, specifically?" He sighed, leaning back. 

"For being annoyingly stubborn... and for hurting you." My jaw tightened and my throat got stuck after I said that. I was trying not to cry. But seeing him and talking to him like this, hearing his voice unable to identify the emotion behind his words. It's killing me inside. 


"You know, I thought about it a lot... Why I don't like Wonwoo so much." I swallowed in slight fear when he suddenly nudged my arm.

"I actually don't hate him. I'm jealous of him. But not in the way you think I am." He sighed.  "In what way then??" I asked.

He took out his hand and put it on top of my knee. And by instinct, I reached out and held his hand.

"I was jealous, because he's the type of guy that you can boast about. He's good looking, smart, and he's so confident that he can make you happier. And at some point, it felt like I couldn't... not anymore anyway." He said, muttering the last part. 

I wanted to shout at him. Because this isn't right. And this isn't him. He can be insecure, yes.   But..."It's not true that you make me unhappy." 

He sighed, nodding head head silently. "I know. I didn't imply that. I just think... You'd probably want someone who you can openly express your love for. Talk about him with your friends and family. Post cute pictures you take with him. Go on a walk outside, holding hands, laughing and smiling at each other...giving no attention to the rest of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter