Chapter 15

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This entire Chapter will be in Daniel's POV

On my way back home, I kept thinking about how long and hard I stared at Eun's back as I watched her walk away. 

I can still see her. I can still talk to her. But thinking how I may never get to have her sink in my arms, as we laid together, just enjoying each other's warmth and company, or how I might never get to kiss her till she laughs... for a minute there I wanted to run after her and take back what i said. 

How can someone move on from a love like that?

For the past year, I got to love someone I didn't know I could with all of me. It was both blissful and painful, to love and care for someone that strongly. I love her so much, that when I was letting her go, i felt a part of me went with her. All I could think and feel was the hole left in my heart.


When I arrived at our dorm, Jisung hyung and Jihoon were waiting in the living room. Having tea and snacks this late at night. I walked up to them and just fell on the floor beside Jisung hyung who laid on the couch, when Seongwoo hyung came out from our room, after just ending a phone call. 

"Oh? You're home?" He said as he approached the kitchen. "Yeah..." I said, tilting my head back and closing my eyes. I heard him open and close the fridge door, a few seconds more I felt him put something cold in my hand that was covering my eyes. 

"What happened?" Jisung hyung asked, also opening a can of beer that Seongwoo hyung gave him. 

"Should I talk about it?" I asked back, looking down to pop open my can and drink from it. 

"We don't have to if you don't want to. But we're all ears, Niel-ah. " Seongwoo hyung said. 

And that's when I lost it. 

I turned to them and saw their worried eyes when I unconsciously shed a tear, then another, and another. 

For the past month, all i did was push my feelings to the side. Because of it, I had the time to perfect my routine, make melodies, meet some old friends and really, really focus on what I wanted to do after promotions. 

I did all that, but not once did I stop to process what happened...until now. 

"Ah, Choi Eun. She really did a number on me." I said, trying to shrug off the tears but I feel like I just made it worse because Jisung hyung sat down beside me and rubbed my arm to soothe me. 


"Just cry. No one's going to judge you here." Seongwoo hyung said. 

So I did. The pain, the aching in my heart, it's like everything has been heightened and I was unable to breathe anymore. 

Daehwi came in suddenly, looking for something but when he saw me crying, he ran to me and cried too. That's when I stopped. 

I realized how affected they are because of me. I've been making them keep my secret and letting them cover for me every time I was with Eun. They've been dragged in to our relationship, even when we fought that night. I suddenly felt guilty. 

"I'm sorry. I know I should be focusing on our last concert-" "Niel-ah, no one's asking that from you. We know how much you love Eun. And if this were a different time, things wouldn't have turned out this way." Jisung hyung said, knocking my head lightly. 

"We care for Eun too. She will always be part of our little family. So don't apologize. We feel sad as it is, we can't possibly imagine how much pain you must be feeling right now..." Seongwoo hyung really has a way with his words..

As the night deepened, I didn't notice when and how I fell asleep, but I woke up with a blanket draped over me and a pillow under my head. The rest of the guys sleeping beside me instead of sleeping in their rooms. 

That was just the first act. 

As days went by, when the others also found out about what happened, I noticed how they would constantly check up on me. Sometimes in the middle of rehearsals, or during recording. A little too much on my birthday (after I told them that Eun texted me during midnight) 

It went on for weeks. Even when one by one we all moved out from our dorm, we still got together, having sleep overs from one house to another.

Then our final day for our last concert came. They were all cautious and quiet. Everyone was feeling so many emotions during the past week and three days but today, and I figured, this was my chance to comfort

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter