Chapter 4

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[FINALLY! It took me so long before I could post this. Circumstances forbid me to. Anyway. With all the errors, misspelled words, and uneven spacing, I decided to give you guys the update. So here it is.~]

 

I sighed, squeezing my boyfriend's cheeks when he wouldn't let me get up from the bed and instead just straddled me as we talked. 

Yesterday  they  were  back  from  their  last  stop  of  their  tour.  I per  usual watched  their fancams and  when I found  out  he  was  sick,  I immediately  checked up  on  him. Jisung  oppa  was  the  one  who  told  me. Because  Daniel  oppa  was  too  sick  he  just  slept  the  entire time we were apart. Jisung oppa told  me  not  to worry  though  because  they  made  him  take  his  meds  and  just  rest.   

And  when they  came  back  yesterday,  I  was  fast  to  come  over  and  take  care  of him.

"We can't sleep together. We're both sick." I argued once again. He's been very persistent just why I denied when it was our 10 month anniversary yesterday. He's been pointing out that fact the moment I came to their dorm with the sole purpose of taking care of him. 

"What's wrong with that? Just like you said, we're both already sick. We wouldn't have to worry about getting the other person sick when we do it." He said, sniffing his nose. I laughed, covering my face because I find this too funny. "Get off me and sleep on the bed. You have a fever." I failed to look serious because I was still laughing at his persistency. It's not that I don't want to do that. But I prefer we do it not sick.

Getting off and laying beside me, he pulled the blanket over him and crossed his arms at me. "I still think it's ok."  He frowned. I closed my eyes in disbelief, still chuckling because he's really sulking. I should be mad at him for wanting it so bad but I can't  bring myself to because, I'm wanting it as much as he does. But we're  both sick so, I'm fighting the urge not to give in as well. 

"Get better, then maybe I'll consider." I said to him, brushing his bangs back before I crawled to the open end of his bed and stood up. "Where are you going?" He called, still upset with me. "I'm going to get warm water and a towel so I can bring your temperature down." I said, walking to his closet and taking a small hand towel to use. 

"Just stay here and hold me." He whined. I looked at him and grinned. His arms were still crossed in front of his chest and his blanket was up to his neck. I placed the towel on the desk and took his beanie instead, putting it over his head nicely. "I'll go get the water." I smiled, before I left him there glaring at me. 

As I entered the kitchen, I nudged Woojin a little making him look at me. "Oh. Noona. You're still here?" Woojin asked when I saw him making popcorn. My brows knit when I saw the two bowls of popcorn he made. "Yes, and what's that?" I asked, when I noticed that he was heating something in the microwave as well. 

"Oh. I'm melting cheese." He answered. "Are you...staying?" He asked slowly. I bit back my laughter at his flustered and blushing face. He looks shy and embarrassed to even ask the question. We're only a year apart but he still feels shy around me whenever we bring up the topic about me being Daniel oppa's girlfriend.

"I'm taking care of him. He has a fever." I said. Just in case he gets weird thoughts. "Oh..." He drifted off, still shy. "We could've just taken care of him. You didn't need to stay the night here." He said, bringing out the cheese that is now melted to perfection. 

"It's fine. He caught my cold. So I feel responsible." I said shrugging my shoulders. It's true though. Before  they  left  for  Manila we  met  up  but I just caught a cold  so  I didn't  want to  meet  that  long. But  he  insisted to  stay  with me and  well, he got sick too. Obviously.   

Jihoon suddenly came in the kitchen, with his pillow in his other arm. He reached out and took some popcorn from one of the bowls before Woojin could stop him. 

"We're not worried about him. We're worried about you." He said, munching on the popcorn. "He's been shouting 'I miss Eun' the moment we left for Manila." Woojin nodded his head at what Jihoon said. I looked at them weirdly,  but they just showed me that they were telling the truth. Shaking off the adorable complaints of my boyfriend's roomates, I went to do whatever it is I initially wanted to get in the kitchen. 

"Ah. I know now why he's sick." Woojin said making me turn to him. He smugly smiled at me and said, "He's love sick." Laughing loudly after that and cringing with Jihoon, I looked at them with disgust evident all over my face which made them laugh even more. "Go to your room already." I said, pushing Woojin and kicking Jihoon's lightly. They both laughed, taking the popcorn and cheese then left me there laughing before I could beat them up. 


When I entered the room, I saw Daniel oppa sleeping. His arms and legs curled up because he was probably feeling cold. Careful not to wake him up, I placed the bowl on the floor and sat in front of it. Scooting closer to his head, I dampened the towel and wrung it before I folded it and placed it on his forehead. 

Giving out an uneasy smile, I stared at his extra white face and pale lips. I can't believe he was even thinking  about sleeping together with this condition. Kang Daniel, you never fail to surprise me indeed. So silly. 


"Eun-ah." I shifted  in  my  sleep  when I felt  someone  shaking  my  shoulder.  Looking  up, I saw  Daniel  oppa on  his side  facing  me. I rubbed my  eyes  and  blinked  at  him. "Are  you  feeling  better?"  I  asked.  He  nodded his head, combing  my  hair  back.   

"You  stayed up  all night?"  He  asked,  holding  my  hand. I shook  my  head and  simply  smiled back. "Liar." He  scolded, pinching  my  cheek. If I  wasn't  up  all  night  I  would've  gotten in  his bed  to  sleep beside him. Instead, I  was  sitting  on  the  floor with my  arms  and  head  resting  on  the  bed.  I  must've  fallen asleep. "You   really didn't  have  to  take  care  of  me."  He  said,  worry  masking  his  voice. I  sat  up  properly  and  shifted  to  sit on  the  edge  of his bed.  Taking  the  thermometer  from  his desk,  I placed it  in his ear and  took  his temperature.   

"No. I have  to. I promised  your  mother I'd  take  care  of  you. And  I  made  you  sick.  How  do  you  think  that made  me  feel?"  I argued, as I took  note  of his now  normal temperature.  Thank  goodness. He  was  really knocked  out  yesterday.

I didn't  know  if I wanted to  scold  him  for insisting  to  be  by  my  side  that  time  when he  knew  I was  sick or  to  feel sorry because  he  looked  worse  than  I did. Sigh.   

"Now  we're  both sick."  I said, brushing  his hair  back. "Yeah  we  are."  He  laughed.   


There  was  a  brief knock  on  the  door  then Sungwoon  oppa's  head was  peeking  in.  He  had  his sleeve  covering his mouth and  nose  that  made  me  cough  forcefully  and  just  push the  air  towards  him. Daniel oppa laughed at  this.   

"You  wicked girl."  he  glared  jokingly.  "Come  out. I cooked  you  guys  food." He  said, his voice  muffled.  I smiled at  him  and  acted all  touched  by  his gesture.  "Thanks  oppa.  You're  the  best."  I gave  him  a thumbs up  in which he  just  waved  his hand  at  me. "Whatever.  Just  come  and  eat."  He  said, closing  the  door immediately   when  Daniel  oppa threw  finger  hearts  at  him.   

"I wonder  where  Seongwoo  oppa slept..."  "He texted me and said that he went home  yesterday."  He  coughed.  I pouted  at  his  sick voice. Gosh I feel awful. "Let's go  eat."  I said  as I pulled  him  up  and  fixed his hood  for him. Pulling  it  over his head, I tucked  the  edges behind  his ear. I  softened  at  his smiling  face,  he  looks  cute  even when  he's sick. 


We  both went out  and  in  to  the  kitchen  where  Jisung  oppa was  also  sitting, sipping  on  his tea. 

"What's that?"  We  asked Jisung  oppa. "Ginseng  tea. I'm  old  and  drained, let  me  be."  He  said,  taking spoons  from  the drawer and  handing  them  to  us.  "Oh.  It's beef  stew."  Daniel  oppa said  when he  opened the lid  of the  pot  placed  on  the  counter.  "Hyung! Thanks  for  the  food!"  Daniel  oppa said  to  Sungwoon who was  busy  lounging  on  the sofa.  He  waved his hand  back in reply, getting  back  to  his phone.  

 "Are you  staying?"  Jisung  oppa asked  while  looking  my  way. "No. I have  class this  afternoon." I answered,  sniffing  because  of  my  runny  nose.  "But  you're  sick."  Daniel  oppa said  handing  me  the  tissue. "I can  manage."  I  smiled before  I  turned to  blow  my  nose  and  sniff again. Gosh.  I  feel so  light  headed. 

"What time  do  you  end  today?"  Jisung  oppa asked. "7.  She  has remedial classes  in  the  evening."  Daniel oppa answered for  me. I  blinked  at  Jisung  oppa who  stared  at  my  boyfriend  weirdly. "I know  things." He said  in his defense. Smiling  shyly,   I felt  little  sparks  in the  pit  of  my  stomach.  So  thoughtful. Hihi. 

Jisung  oppa put  down his  mug  then suddenly  asked,  "What's Eun's favorite  color?"  "Gray,  but  on  some days  she  likes  pink  or  mint  green. Most  days  she likes  black though." Daniel  oppa  answered again. He looked  at  me  and  smiled  proudly. I pinched  his  cheek  in  adoration. Jisung  oppa then turned to  me, resting  his chin  on  his palm  before  asking,  "What's  Daniel's phone  number?"  "0xx-xxx-3620. He  changed it last week."  I answered smugly. "Wow.  you  two  are  for real."  Jisung  oppa said  in awe. "Of course  we are." Both  Daniel  oppa and  I hi-fived.   


The  sound  of  the door  unlocking  could  be  heard,  shoes being  removed  and  footsteps followed then, "You're  here  again?"  Seongwoo  oppa said  when he  came  in  the  kitchen looking  like  he  just  came  back from  somewhere. Ah, he  must  be  coming  back from  his parent's  house. "I  practically  live  here  now,  you didn't  know?"  I answered,  smiling  at  him. He  took  off  his jacket  and  left  it  on  the  sofa,  then he  went  in the kitchen. "How  can  I not?  we  smell  the same  now."  He  said, sitting  beside  Jisung  oppa. That's  kind  off true.   

"You're  still sick?"  He  asked. I nodded in  reply, pouting  and  acting  all sad. He  scrunched  his nose at  us making  Daniel  oppa and  I look  at  him  apologetically. He can't even sleep in his own room because he might get sick too. "Can  I sleep in  your room?"  Seongwoo  oppa  turned to  Jisung  oppa, smiling  brightly  to  win him  over.  "No. Jaehwan  is  loud  enough." Jisung  oppa said almost immediately. "Sleep in  Guanlin's room." He  added.   


"What's even  the  point  of living  in two  separate  apartments?  You're  all practically  together.  Well, except for the  kids in  this apartment."  Seongwoo  oppa hi-fived  me  for  that. He  knows

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter