Chapter 1

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tilting my head at the final output of my charity painting, I felt that something seemed off. "It lacks something," I whispered to myself while still staring at the painting. 

I decided to paint the view I had of the ocean when me, my brother and sister, went to travel to Jeju once before. It was around May that time. We went on a 3-day trip to just relax and unwind from their work and my school.

I can never forget the amazing view of the sea, sparkling like diamonds were floating from the water. The sky was pale blue, and the clouds looked more like feathers and not like cotton balls. There were was a rock wall on the left side, the vast blue sea in the middle and the right. The sun hid behind the clouds, not that bright but enough to make the view well lit. 

It was truly healing. My mind was in peace, everything was just perfect and very calming. I decided to paint it exactly how I remembered. But still, something felt a little off. I wonder what it is...

"Put people in it genius." My brother said when he passed behind me and fell on the couch. Oh. People... "How many?" I asked. "One? Two? A Family?"  He wondered. I tilted my head at the idea. Picturing the painting with a happy couple seemed too lovey-dovey for children. A family... seemed more appropriate but it would crowd the picture too much. Then another idea came to me. 

With a smile on my face, I picked up my palette and started painting a girl on the far right side of the frame. I drew it so that she would be facing the left side of the frame. With this little detail, I bet kids wouldn't even notice it. 


"Eun, put that down first. The food is ready." My brother called from the dining room. I yelled an ok but didn't listen and went on painting. Just a few more details...

"I said let's eat. You never listen." My brother suddenly stood beside me then pulled my arm over his head and got a good grip of my knees before lifting me over his shoulder and proceeding to the kitchen. 

"Oppa! Put me down! What the hell!" I screamed in shock. He eventually put me down in front of my seat then he went around and sat on his. "God, you're heavy. When did you grow so much?" He asked, grunting as he sat. 

"Who even asked you to carry me? Jeez." I glared back. He started chuckling then soon he laughed out loud. Kinda scaring me a little too. "Remember when we were little, I used to carry you from whatever part of the house then-" "Then you always throw me on the couch. Yeah. I remember clearly. Being your wrestling opponent." I said, laughing as well. 

"I became really aggressive because of you always throwing me however you like," I said, getting a big spoonful of food in my mouth. "Right! Right!"  He laughed. "At first you always complained to mom, then to dad, then you started running away from me until in the end you ask threw kicks at me."  He laughed hysterically. I laughed as well, clearly remembering how at some point during our childhood, I became so fed up with my brother that I fought back. 

While he continued to laugh while eating, I could only smile and laugh back at him. I'm glad he's having fun reminiscing about how he treated me like a boy. I also remember how he always tried to save me from getting hurt or getting into trouble. 

As a child, I was very clumsy. And there was one time while I was sitting on top of my dresser, the leg of my dresser gave out, falling forward. I obviously fell on the ground. The huge mirror also almost fell on me, but my brother came into my room and acted fast, he got hit instead of me. I, on the other hand, had no bruise or fracture, not even a scratch. But his arm got bruised, a lump formed on his head, and his shoulder also was in pain for about 3 days. He towered over me, blocking the heavy mirror with his arm. That was when I realized, he must really love me even though he beats me up for his own entertainment. 

Even when I dated for the very first time, later on, did I only find out that my brother went out of his way to talk to the guy. He didn't threaten him, instead, he asked a favor. To take care of me and to not try anything that can harm me. My brother and I, we don't say I love you. That would be really gross. But we have our own way of showing each other that we care.


After dinner, I put aside my painting and decided to finish it tomorrow before I went to school to give it  Wonwoo oppa. I checked on my brother and watched as he packed his things neatly inside his carrier. Feeling kind of sad that he's leaving again. 

My phone suddenly started ringing from inside my pocket. I quickly stepped out of my brother's room and went inside my room to answer the call. 

"Hello?" I started. "Eun-ah." Someone moaned from the other end. My eyes widened at his voice. "Are you home?" He said. He sounds drunk... "Yes, why?" I asked. "I'm outside." He whispered then chuckled. I ran to my window and peeked out. "I can't see you." I said. I watched as a person's figure started to come in to view. He took a few steps back then he waved at me. "I-I'll be down in a minute." Hurriedly cutting the call, I ran to my brother and told him I'll be out to buy something before I quietly ran downstairs again. 


"Hi." Daniel oppa smiled at me as I widely opened the metal gate. "O-oppa." I stuttered as I took a few steps forward to properly look at him. "Are you drunk?" I asked when he suddenly threw his arms around me and started rubbing his cheek on the top of my head. "Mm." He hummed back. "How did you know how to come here?" I asked in shock while rubbing his back. "I rode a taxi, of course, ~" He chuckled while wrapping his arms tighter around my shoulders. Laughing, I stood still while he placed some of his weight on me. 

"Where are you coming from?" I asked in a cheerful tone. "The dorm." He hummed. Oh my god, I should be taking a video but his face is more important to protect the public right now. "Oppa. Stand properly. Let's get you inside." I said. Shoot. My brother is inside. How do I explain this? 

"No~ let's stay out here." He whined, pulling me instead and turning around to walk. "Oppa, you're drunk," I argued. He's making me uneasy. Ugh. "The air will wake me up. Come." He smiled, pulling my hand while leading me to our nearby park. 


We sat on the wooden outdoor table in silence. I sat still beside him while he was leaning back with his arms extended. I flinched slightly when he sighed out loud. "Is something wrong?" I asked looking at him. He shifted his gaze from the stars to meet my eyes. Then he suddenly leaned forward and kissed my cheek. When he pulled away, he smiled at me. 

"I just wanted to see you." He said softly. "Is work hard?" I asked. He seems tired but he managed to still pull off a smile at me. He could just frown and rant, but surprisingly he didn't. "Yeah. But, It's fine. I like working." He said, reassuring me by taking my hand and patting it. 

"Why were you drinking?" I asked. Somehow I don't feel satisfied with his answers. But if he doesn't want to talk about it, I'll just patiently wait for him to tell me. Because eventually, he always tells me. "I'm 23. I can drink." He smirked, side glancing my way. I smiled and shook my head at him. 

"Eun-ah." He called. I watched him as he pushed himself forward and he slowly leaned in close to my face. He stared at me for a quite some time, then a grin broke out. "You're so pretty." he giggled. My brows knit while I urged myself not to laugh. "You're so pretty." He cried. "Even back then you were so pretty, ah, no. You're even more pretty now." he said, leaning his head on my shoulder. But wait..."Even back then?" is he talking about when we first met? Probably, right?

"You were wearing a white shirt and light ripped jeans. Then you had black hair. You stood out so much I watched you instead of the performance." he cried again. Ok now, this is confusing? When did this happen? Is he comparing me to a different girl right now? "Wahh. Who are you talking about?" I pushed him up and looked at him. His eyes were closed but he was smiling. 

"Choi Eun. My girlfriend." He giggled shyly. I rolled my eyes and breathed in deeply. "You're going to my place." I firmly said. But he pulled me to him instead and gave me a hug. "Why are you mad?" He whined, rubbing his cheek on my shoulder. "Because you're drunk." I lied. "Don't get mad at me." He whined again. I let out another breath, calming myself from this situation. I patted his back while staying quiet for a few more minutes before he raised his head again, opened his eyes then looked at me.

"Why?" I asked, feeling a little shy from his stare. "Your brother is at home." He said. I chuckled. "Are you awake now?" I asked him. He blinked his eyes a few more times then he shook h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter