Chapter 16

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Disclaimer: This Fanfic has been with me through the whole period I've been a fan of Daniel. And as some of you who might have noticed, my story line has by far been as real as possible to what is happening in real life. 

But in respect with Daniel's private life, I will not include here the dispute he had with LMent. and the fact that he had a celebrity girlfriend. 

I created this story in hopes that we can live in a world where we could comfort and love Daniel even if it's just in fiction. 

And I am, and always will be forever grateful for your support ♡

Thank you and happy reading ^-^

- Author-nim

_______________________________________

°•°•° February °•°•°

While soaking in the warm fragrant bath that I just finished preparing, my phone started ringing. Daniel is calling.... Should I answer? We haven't really talked since the concert...


"Hey. Busy?" He asked as i picked up. "...no." i answered warily. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Ahh....soaking in water?" "....what?" "I'm in a bathtub." I heard him cough from the other end. He was probably drinking something, sorry oppa. 

"O-oh. I'll call later then-" "no!" I said a little to loudly. "I-i can talk now. It's fine." He laughed ever so lightly. "Ok then."


"Is something wrong?" I asked. "No... I just, thought about giving you a call. It's valentine's tomorrow..." 

"Really? I guess i was so caught up in all my school work, haha..." lying. Of course I know. How can i not? It's the very reason why i'm having my bubble bath. You know? To feel warm.

"Oh right. You're almost graduating..." "yeah...2 more years and I'll become a doctor." 

I really hope it works out though. Double majoring while studying medicine, by far, has been the stupidest decision i have ever made. 

"You know, i'm really regretting quitting my job as your stylist and double majoring with Music. I don't know if I can do this longer..." 

For the next two years, i'd have to intern at the hospital most of the time. Clinical practice. And thinking about my next years in Music, i'd have to give up on sleep and rest days all together just to catch up on my projects. 

What was i thinking...

"Well, in my opinion, I strongly think that you can do it. You always loved music, for sure. But you've come to love being a doctor too. You say you're tired of it and you never really wanted it, but you do it still."

"Whatever you choose, i'll always be here to support you. You know that right?" God, how can you not love him more?

"I know...that's something bold of you to say. Considering you dumped me." I laughed. Was it too soon?

"Boyfriend or not, you know you have me." He chuckled too. 

And that, is Adult Kang Daniel. 

"Does your university have cyber courses? I'm thinking about enrolling to one myself. I feel like  it'll be time-friendlier that way." Huhh. Good idea. 

"I.... will look into that. But if it gets hard, I'll have to rethink the double major thing." I could only sigh. It's been a while that I had this in my mind actually. I've only started feeling the pressure lately, maybe it's early enough for me to get out or whatever...

"You know something?" I said. "What?" "I haven't really told anyone about this..." 

"...really? Not even Dahyun? Or Jieun-ssi?" He asked. "But you tell them everything..." 

"It's the first time I voiced it out. Jieun eonnie, i haven't seen her lately... she's busy teaching and we haven't really spent time together." 

"She's teaching?" He sounds shocked. "Oh right. You wouldn't know... she's a professor now at our university. And is also taking her master's degree. So, she's super busy." 

"Oh wow. Then she probably quit working at the cafe too?" "Yepp. No more lady barista from Tous le Jours." He laughed from the other end. 

"Say that again." He chuckled. I rolled my eyes. "You're making fun of me." 

"I'm not! It's just, this is the first time I heard you say the cafe's name. You sound fluent, haha..." i rolled my eyes again, laughing with him this time.

"And stop rolling your eyes at me, you know how easily amused I get." I gasped. He REALLY knows me. "This isn't a video call right? You can't see me right? You scared me a little."  "Hmm, maybe? Hahaha" Gosh, his genuine laugh sounds so relaxing to hear... 

We teased and talked a lot that night. I had to cut it for a moment to rinse off, but when I called him back, he answered almost immediately. If i may be so bold, I'd say we were even flirting and really loving each other's company. 

The call ended after a total of 3 hours. If he didn't force me to go to sleep for my class tomorrow, and I didn't persuade him to do the same (since he was leaving for Busan tomorrow at 6), that call would've lasted longer...


°•°•° March °•°•°

I looked at the light blue sky, watching the soft streaks of clouds pass by slowly as I took in the now warm breeze of spring.

The weather started to change since last week, and right now, I'm waiting for Hansol and Dahyun to finish checking in before we could head out to roam around Jeju. 

The 2nd semester just ended and as soon as it did, we all flew out to Jeju on a spontaneous get away. 

Lately it's just been so...busy. With Daniel, and school, and now my family. They want me to give up my music degree so I can focus on becoming a doctor. 

They said, that if I really want another degree, they'd agree if i switched to a business management degree instead. 

I bet they're tired of my unsteady bull. Though I honestly get it. And that's what bothered me the most, that I get it. 

Daniel and I have been keeping tabs on each other. Not really talking, as in, all the time. Just the occasional and ever so random messages like "i saw someone today and he looked exactly like you from the back..." or something like "Jihoon and I are hanging out, he said he misses you." 

Like i said, super random. 

Given the time I had to spend with school, i couldn't really fit in long phone calls in those. 

If I did have breaks, i used them to rest instead because my projects and papers were due back to back. Skipping meals and all nighters were given. Definitely wanted to bang my head on the pavement several times too. 

Good thing I passed. If i didn't, i wouldn't know what to do next...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter