Chapter 13 (NEW!)

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please take note that this chapter will be in Wonwoo's POV

I stared at Soonyoung, uninterested with his consistent pestering about me going to the freshman welcoming party. I mean, he made me put down the book I was reading, and it was just getting good. 

"Come on, Man. Be my wingman." He pouted, which made me roll my eyes at him. I tried to get back to my reading but he made this annoying sounds and I just couldn't ignore him anymore than I wanted to.

"Ok. Whatever. You're buying me a drink." He nodded furiously, lifting up his palm for a hi-five which I tapped with my book instead. 


As we walked in the venue, I begin to scan the room filled with new faces. They're a lot. I have to say, I don't exactly hate being here. But i am beyond glad to see the free booze and alcohol being handed by the seniors. 

Before we got here, the games and what not were already done. I've been hiding in the council room for as long as I could before Soonyoung and the others could find me. 

They all grouped already too. So that's cool. 

I grouped myself too, joining my close senior friends who were all talking about the newbies. 

"That girl is drinking alone. Nobody's talking to her." Seuncheol sunbae said, pointing out this beautiful person with long black hair which was tied up in a ponytail. She was on her phone, looking like she's not being left out. With a glass of beer in one hand and the other on her phone, she seemed unbothered by this party. 

"All the new girls won't talk to her cause she looks scary." A female senior, whose name I can't remember, said. So I looked back at her and caught a glimpse of this slightest smile she was trying to hold back. How cute. 

"And the guys? She looks..." "what, Haesung? Looks what?" Jeonghan sunbae teased. I laughed. "Whatever." I chuckled. But really what I was going to say was... she looks cool.

Aside from her ponytailed hair, she wore glasses and a blood colored leather jacket. She had heeled boots on too. Major bad vibes. I get why she looks intimidating. 

"So? What do you think?" Seungcheol sunbae asked, handing me another bottle of beer. "What do you mean?" I genuinely asked back. 

"What do you think her character's like?" He asked. Which got me curious about her. So I studied her for a while. She smiled before, so i don't think she hates the world. But she won't talk to just anyone too. "I think she's not a talker." Seungcheol sunbae said. 

"Maybe she's a snob? She won't approach anyone. Maybe she's selective?" It did look like that was the case. I mean at least before Jeonghan sunbae made a bet on our guesses. 

Which I shockingly failed. 

The bet was that for every person she brushes off, they down half a bottle of beer. And for every person she talks to, I drink. 

I got drunk that night if that's what your curious about. 

I woke up with a massive hangover. And since then, I kept watching this girl. In a way, she got me drunk and hungover. Not that I held a grudge, I was just intrigued. 

I'm usually right about these things because I myself am not the kind of person who approaches another person first. So I was pretty good at reading people. And for the first time, I got this wrong. I got her wrong. 

It started out as a few days in a row, into a week. Into months. Until finally, Soonyoung pointed out to me that I kept looking for this girl. He said, and I quote, "Yah. Are you having a one-sided crush or something? Why are you always looking for her?" 

I didn't know I was. Really. But she's too interesting to not keep tabs on her. She looks so different from how she really is, and I am too interested in getting to know more about her. But at the same time I didn't want to scare her. 

There was this one time, we got to sit beside each other in an anatomy lab class which went on for 4 hours. My contacts was itching the hell out of my eyes and it kept bothering me in class. Then she shocked me when she handed me her eye drops.

"Oh it's fine. I'm wearing contacts." I whispered to her. She spun the eye drop bottle and showed me that it was multi-purpose eye drop solution. "I know. It's probably drying out that's why it's itchy."she chuckled. 

And that's the first time we ever spoke. I tried to be friends with her, but she was always first to run off and I never seem to find her around campus. Turns out she's been hanging out with a senior friend. Who also seems to be her only close friend. 

And she's not much of a crowd person either. I always see her rejecting offers for group nights at bars. Even though she's always alone, she looks so unboth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter