Chapter 10

Once an Ambivert
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Should I also post Chapter 11?? hmmmm

This morning, Daniel oppa and I decided to buy a few things from the mart before we leave this afternoon for our trip with everyone. We went really early to avoid people, and we did. The place looks pretty much empty except for a few elderly. 

Daniel oppa pushed the cart as I stood at his side, one hand on the handle and another in my pocket. I kept looking around, trying to remember the things that I wrote on the list that I forgot to bring (a moment of silence for my stupidity) 

When I got to the drinks section, a familiar figure suddenly was closing in. I looked so calm on the outside but I was freaking out on the inside that I unconsciously gripped Daniel oppa's hand. He didn't mind it of course. Instead, he laced our fingers. 

"Sunbaenim!" Lucas smiled at me. I awkwardly waved my free hand at him when he suddenly came strutting towards me and hugged me. Uhmm. I don't remember being this close with him. "I feel like I don't see you anymore." He smiled brightly. I glanced at my boyfriend who's eye twitched at the sight of Lucas and his hands on my shoulders. 

"Oh. Hello." Lucas bowed his head at Daniel who simply nodded and through his mask, let out a muffled greeting. "You must be Eun sunbae's..." "Boyfriend. I'm her boyfriend." Daniel oppa said in his deep voice. I know he's annoyed because he's rubbing his thumb with mine. Kind of like his soothing technique I guess. 'Good lord. Help me calm down' 

"Oh?" Lucas titled his head in confusion. He must've noticed the difference between Hansol and Daniel. They do look and feel different. No doubt. So I just bit my lip to stop myself from clearing out that confusion. 


"What are you doing here so early?" I asked, changing the topic. Lucas turned back to me and smiled widely. That grin, oh gosh how blinding. "I came to pick up a few things before heading home." He answered politely. Subtly,  I looked at him. His clothes were screaming that he probably came back from the gym or a run. "Who jogs in winter?" I heard Daniel mumble beside me. I chuckled and just ignored his comment. 

"How about you?" Lucas asked as he glanced at our cart. "Got hungry?" he joked. I chuckled. "We're going on a road trip," I said nicely. Though he did try to hit on me before, I think this conversation seemed rather friendly. The only thing making me uncomfortable right now is my boyfriend's constant fiddling of his thumb. 

"Oh. Oohhh." Lucas side glanced my way in a teasing manner. He smirked then poked my shoulder as he lengthened his 'oh'. "I'm not going to ask anything more than that then." His smirk wouldn't go away and I know he's really making fun of me. He must think I'm going with Daniel oppa alone. Silly kid. 

"Enjoy your vacation sunbae...And sunbae's boyfriend." The latter bowed and waved his hands at us as he left. I waved back at him until he was out of sight then finally looked at Daniel oppa who was looking down at me. 


"For someone who almost got harassed by that kid. You seem friendly." His eye kept twitching as he glared at me. He also had pulled down his mask so his pressed lips look so scary but cute at the same time. 

"He didn't almost harass me. The dude just tried to...flirt with me. But we cleared that out." I shrugged my shoulders as I explained to him. But his frown wouldn't disappear. And in an attempt to turn his frown upside down, I wrapped my arms around him and patted his back. "He was being friendly. That's all." I calmly said. 

"You're too nice. Don't be. You can curse at him and glare at him every time. It's okay. This God will forgive you. You will not sin. " He flashed an urging smile, patting my back too as he tried to convince me into being a bad person. I rolled my eyes at him, taking hold of the cart then pushing it away from him. 

"First of all. You're not my God." I said to him when he caught up beside me. "Yeah. Sure. Tell that to your tweets." He muttered. I elbowed his stomach then stopped walking as he hunched over in pain. "Second, I will be mean when I want to be. Right now, I'm this close to leaving you in the frozen section." I said as I pinched my fingers with very little gap in between. 

"Yah. You can't be mean to me." He whined. "Why not?" I asked, raising my brows at him even though he's taller than me. "Because I love you." He winked. 

I bit the insides of my cheeks and pursed my lips, but he knew he got me to smile this time. And that ladies and gentlemen, is another episode of how to make Eun smile 101. Created none other than by Kang Daniel. 


"They seem like fun people." Seungkwan chuckled as he stood beside me and handed me hot chocolate. I gladly took it and drank some, leaning on the car while we watched the boys throw snowballs at each other. 

"It's sad some of them couldn't join us." I pouted. "They're really loud when they're all together." I laughed. 

Earlier this morning, we all gathered at my house. I rented a van instead of using the car, or taking the bus, or the train so that we could have privacy.  I insist with me switching with Seongwoo oppa when he gets tired but he reasoned to me that it would be less than 4 hours to get there. He said that he can handle that, also he'll have Minhyun oppa take over instead. Always a gentleman, these two. Psh.

"Oh right, where are the others?" Seungkwan asked. "Jinyoung and Jaehwan oppa couldn't make it due to school requirements. Sungwoon oppa will finish his today so he'll be joining during the night, together with Daehwi." I gladly answered his question. "And Wonwoo?" He asked. 

I bit my lip but nevertheless answered. "He'll be coming in sometime before dinner I guess." He probably just left Seoul by now. So he'll be arriving a few hours later. 

"You know. I don't get what good will inviting Wonwoo bring today. I mean more than half of the people today don't approve of him."  Seungkwan said. Well...he's not wrong. "No matter how much I want to change the situation, he's become a dear friend. Like you. And like you, he knows about our secret. And he's keeping it safe." I reasoned and justified my invitation. I felt the need to. Maybe then they won't misunderstand my feelings towards Daniel and Wonwoo. 

"The secret is safe. Is your relationship with Daniel safe?" He asked. Way to drop a bomb Boo. "I..." I sighed. I don't even know the answer to that. "Wonwoo's a good guy. A good listener. A wise man. You name it. But Daniel...I love him. And it just goes stronger every day. Trust me. But I can't help but enjoy Wonwoo's company. We can enjoy lunch out without getting worried about people watching our every move. With Daniel...I can't rest easy, you know. And at times it's exhausting..." 

I didn't realize I was pouring out my feelings. I just needed a genuine friend, with a real and awakening question. Is my relationship with Daniel in jeopardy because of Wonwoo? The question never seems to fade away. It always pops up. It's always here. And it's always something to fear. 


Lunch was...cozy. And loud. We had the whole place to ourselves. The restaurant owner was quite shocked that he would have this many customers since no one would be traveling to the beach in November. Yeah...I'm crazy like that. 

We had stew and grilled meat. We also had noodles and they ordered seaweed soup for me. Though a month already passed, since it was my birthday celebration, they figured that I should still have some. How adorable. And of course, this is Guanlin's doing. He's the only son that cares for me. Well..my only 'son' really. 

"Thank you Lin-ah." I smiled, patting Guanlin's head as he smiled back at me. "No problem noona." He smiled back this cute eye smile of his that also made me smile back at him with adoration. Oh, God. Out of everyone, I'll probably miss Guanlin the most. He's just a very shy baby I want to protect him forever. 

I looked at everyone who started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter