Tonight!

Soulmates!

Taemin’s POV

I was getting ready for my shoot with Key hyung.  We were supposed to be done with our combined photo shoot but as usual I wrote the wrong timing down in my planner….Thank goodness I got just the timing wrong and not the day! The stylist was rushing to get my hair and makeup done. My stylist noona is undoubtedly proficient but if she gets me ready in time today, this will be a record even for her! In the meanwhile, Key hyung had already started his solo shoot and he would be done soon. He has a date with Jonghyun ssi today and I don’t want him to be late on my account; not that he would mind it. He might even treat me to a meal! But Jinki hyung would be disappointed…

‘YOU ARE MY EVERYTHIIIING! Byeolcheoreom ssodajineun unmyeonge’

Oh God! Jinki hyung’s ringtone?! I jumped out of my chair and started to frantically search my phone!

‘Geudaeraneun sarameul mannago meomchwobeorin nae gaseumsoge dan hanaui sa~rang!’

Damn IT! Where is that damn phone?!!!! ‘CRASH!!!!’ Dang! There goes the eyeshadow palette!

“Taemin ssi! What are you doing?!” my stylist exclaimed! “I’m trying to find my phone! Can you see it?!” I asked hoping she could help me.

‘YOU ARE MY EVERYTHING!’  “ARG! Where is that phone?!!!” “Taemin ssi.” Damn it! Where did I keep the phone?!

“Taemin ssi!!”

“Nae!?”

 “Your phone is in your shirt pocket. Did you not feel it vibrate?!”

Huh?! I looked down to see that indeed, the phone was in my pocket. So that’s why the ringtone seemed to so loud! “No… I’ve turned off the vibration mode….” I said sheepishly. Quickly I took the phone out and answered it.

“ Hello Jinki hyung!.......Meet for lunch? Tomorrow? Is there any problem hyung? Oh….Yeah! 2 pm is great! I wouldn’t have been able to come for dinner tonight since I’ll be working late so lunch at 2 tomorrow works perfectly for me! Yes, See you tomorrow hyung! Bye bye!”

“ Alright Taemin ssi! Now that you’re done with your call, sit back down so that I can finish the final touch up.”

“Eh? You’re almost done noona?! That is fast even for you!”

“Hehe! Thanks Taemin-ah! I tried my best. Try and get the timings correct next time. Though knowing you, my abilities will be tested beyond my limits soon enough, hehe!”

As she started working on the finishing touches, my mind drifted to the conversation I had with Jinki hyung. Why did he call me and ask me out? He could have simply picked me up. It’s not like he doesn’t know my schedule. I wonder if he is angry because of yesterday’s ramen….

“Oh! You’re done! That was fast noona! I’m sure you just set some kind of record today!” I looked up to see Key hyung walk in, stylist noonas already working on him, putting on a brown wig and redoing some of his makeup.

“Seriously Taemin, how did you get the timing wrong? You only had one shoot today!” Key hyung commented while sipping on some water. To tell the truth, I had not paid attention to the schedule and yesterday when I heard Jinki hyung ask Jonghyun ssi to come to the office at 6, I somehow thought the shoot was also at 6. But there was no way I was telling this to hyung.

“Aah, mianhae hyung. Don’t worry though. We will be done in time for your date!” I said reminding him of his date with Jonghyun ssi.  “Tsk. Don’t remind me of that. He is more tenacious than I expected. Since your ramen didn’t work, I’m going to have to try something else tonight.”

I looked over at him. He seemed to be thinking of something genuinely nasty. That could make Jinki hyung even more disappointed! I’d rather not let that happen! I have to talk to Kibum hyung about this! “Hyung, don’t you think you’re being too harsh with Jonghyun ssi? He seems like a really nice person to me and Jinki hyung chose him for you! If you do something to hurt him or drive him away, Jinki hyung will be very disappointed! As it is, hyung seems to be angry with yesterday’s ramen stunt. He even called me out to have lunch with him. He wants to ‘talk’…..Please don’t do something that will disappoint Jinki hyung. He isn’t asking you to get married to Jonghyun ssi immediately! Infact, he isn’t asking you to get married at all! He just wants you to give Jonghyun ssi a chance and frankly, I think it’s quite fair. Give him a chance hyung.”

All this while, Kibum hyung didn’t say a word and even after I was done talking, he just sighed and got up to go out for the shoot. I really hope Jonghyun ssi is ready for tonight because it seems like he is in for a rough night…. I followed out after hyung and as the camera started flashing, all the thoughts except those related to posing and expressions left my mind.

Jonghyun’s POV

Woah, Lee Jinki truly is an enigma. I took the elevator and pressed B3. As the numbers decreased on that small LED screen, my stomach started doing its somersaults.  Why do you make me so nervous Kibum? This feeling is so foreign to me and it’s scaring me. What are you doing to me? As the elevator dinged on basement, I walked out and was immediately pushed aside as a hoard of people walked past me into elevator, talking on phone or discussing something with each other. I looked around and immediately spotted studio 3; it was marked with a big 3.

As I walked in, it was super chaotic; like the lobby, people moved around with one or the other devices. I decided to walk in and find Kibum.

“Excuse me Miss,” I approached a lady who was standing near some monitors.

“Yes?” she turned looking at me. Like the receptionist even she stared at me from top to bottom. What’s with the people working here?! They’ll always scan you from tip of your hair to sole of your shoe.

“Hmm…I’m here to pick Kibum. Can you guide me to him?”

“Oh you’re here for Kibum! Sweetie, Key is having his photoshoot at the moment but he’s almost done. Would you mind waiting for some time?” somehow she looked apologetic.

“Not at all, would you mind if I watch?” I asked her.

“No we won’t and neither would Key. Just make sure to not get in anyone’s way. It’s a bit hectic today.” she laughed and pointed me towards where the shoot was taking place. I quietly walked toward where I could see huge focus lights. I tried keeping out of everyone’s way. As I reached where motions were set up, everything around me suddenly became a blur. There, standing against a white background and looking absolutely gorgeous, was Kibum. His blonde hair was messed up to look y. He wore a white T-shirt with studded collar and a denim jacket was draped over his arm casually. He stood there posing away for the photographer. One y pose after other. He truly was perfection. After a few poses, Kibum went out to change his outfit.

Kibum's photoshoot outfit & hair

“Who are you?” suddenly I heard a voice next to me ask. As I looked up, there stood a beautiful man looking at me. Well he was beautiful but not as beautiful as my Kibum.

“Umm…I’m here to pick Kibum,” I couldn’t help but gulp. His eye pierced into me.

“And who would you be?”

“My name is Jonghyun, Kim Jonghyun ….I’m-”

“Kim Jonghyun!!!! THE KIM JONGHYUN!!!!  You were the one Jinx told me about! You are the one who’s supposed to marry our sweet Bummieee!” that beautiful man yelled excitedly in my face. He kept swooning like a fangirl.

“Oh Yunnieee, come here come here!” He waved at someone behind him and soon I saw a tall and handsome man walk towards us. He had a professional looking camera in his hand. Was he the photographer?

“What’s all the noise Jae?”

“Yuniee, this is Kim Jonghyun, the man who’ll marry our Baby Bum!” Can’t this guy talk without so many pet names?!

“Oh then he must be here to pick Bum. Jinx did say to rush with the shoot. Something about Bum’s intended coming to pick him for a date or something. Hi there, I’m Jung Yunho, you can call me U-Know hyung,” he extended his hand for a handshake. Before I could open my mouth he continued, “We are almost done, just few shot with Taemin and Kibum together and then Bum is all yours!” he said with a smirk. All the people working here are so intimidating that all I could do in their presence was nod.

Just then I noticed Taemin join Kibum on the set. Kibum’s blonde hair were now dark brown. Both he and Taemin just looked drop-dead gorgeous. As they took their place on the set, U-Know hyung walked back barking out orders to adjust lights this way and move props that way. As I stared at Kibum, taking in his sheer beauty, I heard someone speak.

Taemin & Kibum for their photosoot

“Isn’t he absolutely gorgeous?” I looked to my left to Jae-hyung smiling at me. I could feel a blush creep on my face. Laughing at my expression he continued,

“You don’t need to be ashamed of it. Both the Lee brothers have that effect on people. While Jinki takes after his dad and can be called handsome, Kibum gets his beauty form their mom. During his initial days, Jinx was one of the top models and you can see and imagine how popular Bummie must be.” I looked toward the set, where I could see Kibum and Taemin posing ily. I must agree that he is indeed the most beautiful person I have ever seen.

“Can you promise me something? Be sure to keep Kibum happy.” What’s with people around here, they keep making me promise the same thing! First Jinki hyung, who I can understand, as he is Kibum’s older brother but now even Jae hyung!

“Well, we all here at Lee Entertainment are like family. And we kind of helped Jinki in raising Kibum . All the people in this company are very protective towards our makanes.” Jae hyung said while pointing at the two models.

“I promise I’ll always keep Kibum happy!” I told him earnestly looking him in the eyes. He just smiled a very pretty smile while patting my shoulder.

“What’s going on Jae-hyung?” We both turned around hearing a familiar voice. There stood Kibum in all his model glory. While we were busy talking, he had gone and changed. He was back to his blonde hair. Kibum was looking at us with suspicion in his gaze.

“Already getting jealous Bummie! But don’t worry, I wasn’t flirting with your Jjongie. You can say we were just having heart to heart conversation, right Jonghyun-ah?” Jae hyung asked me while laughing.

“Heart to heart, right.” Kibum looked at me, and the moment our eyes met, I felt an instant shift in energy around me. I cannot describe this feeling, it’s surreal. Well I’m romantic in my heart.

“Are you guys late? Come on, run along. We’ll have a good chat tomorrow Bummie. Enjoy yourselves guys. I’ll just go and find Yunnie. We haven’t been on a date ourselves for so long!” Jae-hyung left muttering to himself. Silence fell over us as we just stood there looking at each other.

“Well, what’s the plan then?” Kibum asked looking at me.

“Ummm….I have made reservations for us at Viva Polo. I thought you might like some Italian food and wine…” Now I regret not asking him what he wants to do. I hope he isn’t angry about this.

“Italian cuisine is my favourite! Let’s go I’m super hungry! That shoot drained me.”

As we exited the building, a lot of people wished us or more like Kibum a good night. I lead him to my car, opening the passenger door for him.

“You drive a freaking Lamborghini!!!!” he exclaimed whistling softly while running his hand over my car. What wouldn’t I give for him to run his hand like that over me!  As we got in and buckled up, he turned towards me and studied me.

Jonghyun's Lamborghini

“I must say, you have a nice style, and this Lamborghini! Man! How much do you earn?”

“Ummm….this is my baby, I’m actually proud of owning her.” I replied bashfully.

“You know, I always wanted to drive a sports car, but I’m kind of scared of the speed and Jinki hyung doesn’t allow me to drive. He thinks I’ll get myself into an accident.” Hearing him talk about something he likes made me happy. He was actually opening up to me!

“’If you want, you can drive my car. Just please don’t crash it.” He just laughed softly. Rest of the journey was spent in silence. As we pulled out side Viva Polo, Kibum got out of the car and looked at me with his eye dancing with happiness.

“We are having our dinner here? This is my favorite restaurant! Their rose paste and mashed potato are my absolute favorites! Let’s go, I can’t wait!” He started pulling me toward the restaurant. This was my first physical contact with Kibum since I met him! He was actually talking and touching me willingly! On his own! This is making me really hopeful!