TaeKey's One Fine Day!

Soulmates!

Kibum’s POV
Since I woke up in Jonghyun hyung’s guest bedroom, everything has been a blur. I shouldn’t have drunk so much. I just hope I didn’t do anything too embarrassing. But what’s eating me is how distant Jonghyun hyung has been since then. He is MIA again. Barely calling me to check. Not reverting to my text. What’s going on here? But today I’m going to confront him. I decided to just surprise him at his studio. He was busy working on some new project, and as it was weekend I had free time. Finally!!! Who knew Heechul hyung was such a perfectionist! I was literally working to the bones. But today was a free day and with hyung in Japan AGAIN I decided to go and meet Jonhyun hyung! Not that he knows of this plan. It’s a surprise!
I grabbed some cupcakes from this vegan store I recently came across. I’m sure hyung will love these, they are super tasty!!!! I can’t wait to see Jjong-hyung’s reaction! He always makes these adorable expressions when he is having something tasty hehehe!!! Again something we have in common! I was told by most people that I have this blissed expression when I’m eating. As I got out of the elevator, I found the door to his studio open. Does he ever close it? I decided to peak in to see if I can spot him. Boy!  How wrong I was in doing it! 
There he stood patting a girl on her head. I could see him say something softly. I was too far to hear what he was saying exactly. I don’t know why, but this sight caused my heart to clench in an uncomfortable way. Who is she???!!! Why is he being so comfortable with her? I suddenly felt tears prick my eyes. I can’t take this!!!!! I dropped the bag of cupcakes as I ran out, taking stairs this time. Elevator would take too long to take me away from this misery!!!!
Jonghyun’s POV
“It’s ok Naeun-ah! Everything is fine.” I patted her head to comfort her. She kept bowing and apologizing about the color palate she dropped. It wasn’t something that cannot be salvaged, but still she kept bowing.
“Naeun-ah look at me” When I had her attention I continued “It’s not something that cannot be salvaged. Don’t worry, just help me clean this. I’ll clean the painting.” 
“Bu….But Oppa…..”
“It’s alright! I don’t want to hear another apology from you.” I told her smiling softly to reassure her. That’s when I saw something from the corner of my eye. Kibum?  When I turned to check, he was already gone. Telling Naeun to clean the spilled color, I made my way towards the studio entrance. No one was there, but I found a bag of cupcakes on the floor. Kibum, were you here? If yes then why did you leave? Just as I pulled out my phone to call him, I remembered the kiss we shared a few days ago. I can’t do this! I can’t pretend to be your friend when I want to be something more than that! I’m sorry Kibum, but I cannot continue this friendship. I don’t want my feelings to weigh you down. I pocketed my phone as I made my way in to salvage the ruined painting, putting a lid on my bubbling feelings for Kibum.

Kibum’s POV
As I barged into Tae’s room, the sight that met my eyes was something I never thought I would see! In the middle of the room, there was a huge trolley bag kept opened! I could see many clothes already in it. More clothes were spread all across the bed. What’s going on here?! Is Tae going somewhere too?!
“Tae!” his head popped out of his walk-in closet. Seeing me, he made his way out saying,
“Oh hyung! What are you doing here?”
“Leave that, what are you doing? Rather, where are you going?!” I could see him panic at my question. He answered as he awkwardly rubbed his neck,
“Ehhh….Hyung, I’m going to Switzerland…..”
“SWITZERLAND???? What the hell!!! Why didn’t you tell me?! What’s with this sudden trip?! Does Jinki Hyung know? He never said anything to me!” as I continue to ramble, Tae interrupted me
“HYUNG! To answer your question Jinki hyung doesn’t know. I don’t think he cares what I do with my time….” he had a sad expression when he said this. Oh Baby! I pulled him into my arms and I asked him,
“What happened? You can tell me; sorry, I was a bad hyung. I didn’t give you any time these past few days. Forgive me! I’m here now, please tell me what happened.” By now Tae was silently sobbing in my shoulders. As he hiccupped he looked at me and said,
“Hyung, I don’t think Jinki hyung cares for me. I was so happy! Being in a relationship with him was my dream! But for the past many days he has been ignoring me. And I understand he is busy but….” And then Tae told me what exactly happened that day. Aish! Hyung, how can you be so insensitive?!      Sometimes I don’t know how you even have people in your life with that attitude!
“Tae I’m so sorry. I wish my brother was not so stupid. But what’s with Switzerland?”
“Ehhh…..I just want to get away for some time, you know, go to some unknown place and explore. Just de-stress. Swiss has lots of adventure sports. I’m planning to try it out.” He told me as he took a coat from his bed folding it and putting it in his bag.
Now that Tae said it, I think I need some time away too. As I looked at him I smiled and said,
“Tae! I’m coming with you!!!”
“EHHH!!! WHAT??? Hyung you can’t come! I want to go alone. There is no need for you to tag. I’ll take care of myself. Don’t worry.”
“I’m not worried Tae. Like you, even I want to get away. Have some change of place.” As what happened earlier came back to me, I couldn’t help but tear up. Just then I felt arms around me. 
“Oh Hyung!  What happened!? Don’t cry! Tell me about it!” And just like that, I told him everything. 
“And that’s why I think I need sometime away.” I could see sympathy in Tae’s eye.
“Well Hyung tell you what, we both really need some us time. Why don’t you go and pack. I’ll call the agent and arrange for your ticket” Nodding I left Tae’s place to go home and pack.

Few Hours Later
“Hyung are you really sure about this? Jinki hyung might get worried when he doesn’t see you when he comes back.” Oh Tae! You can pretend but you still care for my stupid brother. Hope he starts appreciating your presence in his life soon before it’s too late.
“Don’t worry, I left him a note. Let’s do this” I told him as we left Taemin’s house.
“Well then, let’s rock Switzerland TaemKey style!” we laughed as I started driving.
…………………………….
“Tae, you bought my ticket right?”
“Yes hyung! I’m not so irresponsible! I even managed to get a ticket for the same flight!”
“Oh!!! What time does our flight take off?”
“Wait, let me check! Ummmm it’s supposed to take off at 7.30 p.m hyung!”
“………..TAE!!!!! IT’S 7:05!!!!!! Why didn’t you tell this to me sooner???”
“OH ! Hyung!!! Hit the accelerator! Hit it!!!!!!”
…………………………………
“Thank God we reached in time! Next time I’m handling the ticketing Tae!!!!! I forgot just how scary travelling with you is! Please tell me you still have your passport and visa!”
“Yes Hyung, see, here it is!”
“Well, I’m keeping it with me. God knows how quickly you’ll probably end up losing your passport if it’s left with you!”
“Hyung!!!!”