Tell me what to do!

Soulmates!

Key’s POV

I felt my heart clench in fear! Please God! Please let him be fine, I won’t ask for anything else, just keep him safe! Since Jinki hyung uttered those horrid words, my heart hasn’t stopped its rapid palpitation! I just want him to be fine! Why is the distance so far!!!!!

As I sat in the car that will take me to him, I kept praying desperately for his good health!

Jinki’s POV

As I looked at Kibum, I felt sadness flood my heart. Kibum-ah!  Please God, please do not snatch this small happiness that he has!

Suddenly, a ring resonated through the car. I realized it was my own phone. Pulling out, I checked to see that it was Taeyeon.

“Yes Taeyeon?”

“Jinki! Where are you? Aren’t you back yet?”

“Ehh….. Taeyeon, sorry for not calling, but there is an issue. Jonghyun has met with an accident; we are on our way to his place….”

“WHAT! Is he fine? Is he hurt badly!?”

“We don’t know his exact condition yet…..”

“Ok….send me his address, I’ll meet you there!”

Kibum’s POV

“bum…Kibum-ah!” I felt someone shake my shoulders, snapping me out of my thoughts. Turning, I saw that ws hyung standing at the door, holding it open for me.

“Come, we are here.”

We had reached Jonghyun hyung’s apartment complex. My heart was racing as multiple scenarios of his condition played before my eyes. Hyung helped me out and kept holding my hand as we three made our way towards the elevator. It felt like eternity before we reached our destination. We didn’t have to wait much, as hyung had informed Minho of our arrival, so he was already waiting in front of the door. I don’t understand! Why isn’t he at the hospital??? Is his condition so bad that going to the hospital was pointless??? Or are we here to simply pick up something for Jonghyun hyung???

“Jinki Hyung! Thank god you’re here! I was so worried. Hyung…..Jonghyun Hyung....”

“Minho-ya! Shhhshh calm down….calm down….we are here. Let’s go and meet Jonghyun first ok?”

Meet him? So he is here???

Nodding he escorted us in. Holding my breath, I entered his room, hoping his condition wasn’t be too bad. As my gaze shifted towards the bed, there he was, sitting on his bed, with his back propped against the headboard, cushioned with millions of pillows! I scanned him from head to toe, checking for damage. He had a few cuts here and there on his handsome face and a large pink bandage on his right ankle which was kept on a pillow. But other that, he looked fine! I felt tears of relief flow down my face.

“Jinki Hyung!” I heard him call out softly. Hearing his soft voice after so long had me rooted to my spot.

“Jonghyun-ah, how are you feeling?”  I heard hyung ask as he made his way towards the bed with Tae following him.

“I’m fine hyung, nothing serious.” he said giving a reassuring smile.

“You gave us a good scare Jonghyun-ah! Please be more careful next time! Someone here was super worried to the point of passing out!”

“Kibum?” Snapping out, I looked up towards hyung who gestured for me to come closer to the bed. I walked towards the bed as if in some sort of trance! I heard someone say “Let’s give them some space”. I felt someone pat my shoulder as they passed. But right now, the only thing my senses could perceive was Jonghyun hyung! All the while my eyes stayed glued to the bed ridden man.

He is fine! He is not in any critical condition! He really is fine! Now it was just us in the room. Both of us kept staring at each other, before Jjong hyung let out a sigh and broke it.

“Come here Kibum-ah.”

And just like that, as a moth is drawn to the flame, I was pulled towards him. Seeing him sitting there with cuts on his face made me tear up!

“Don’t cry….I’m fine…” His soothing words just served to escalate the flow of tears as I glopped him in a bear hug, leaning my body over the bed, trying not to disturb his injuries and put him through more pain!

“Come on….stop crying….I’m really fine!” he patted my back. Letting go of him, I wiped my tears and looked at him.

“Are you really fine?” he smiled and nodded.

“H..How?”

“I was distracted……” he sighed

“Distracted??”

“To tell you frankly…I…I was actually listening to your song that you sent me, and somehow I missed you more….and ended up crashing into a tree while I tried to avoid the truck….hehe…”

“HYUNG! That’s! That’s dangerous!” I exclaimed! Missed the truck????? Crashed into a tree???? My GOD!!!!

“I know! I know! I’m usually careful, just not on that day. Thankfully it’s nothing serious, just sprained ankle and a few cuts and bruises!”

“Hyung…..can…can I ask you something?”

“Ehhhh….yes you can”

“Why were you so distant lately?”

“You would not like the answer to that….” he said as he fidgeted with his fingers. It can’t possibly be worse than what I’ve assumed!

“Try me!”

“We….well I don’t mean to scare you or force you to reciprocate or anything. And even though we agreed to take it slow and try this friendship thing, I can’t Kibum….I just can’t. It’s becoming too much!” he whispered, sounding frustrated.

“Wh…what do you mean??” What is too much??Maybe it is worse than what I imagined!

“I have developed feeling for you…..feeling that go deeper than friendship. I know you aren’t ready for any sort of relationship that goes deeper that friendship, hence I tried to step back, let you have your freedom while I sort these feelings….”  HUH??

“Oh….then that girl who was with you the other day in the studio?’”

“Girl? You mean my intern? She is just a new intern Minho forced me to hire, as he thought I was spending less time with you because of my work load….” Intern!!! Of course! An accomplished artist like Jonghyun hyung will have a few interns! Hahaha!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

“Intern! Oh God!”

“Were you jealous by any chance?” he asked smirking.

Hahahahaha!

“Of…Of course not! That would be silly, hehehe!” I chuckled nervously. But then that accident……

“Hyung….”

“Hmmm?”

“Don’t ever do this again!”

“Do what?”

“This…don’t ever get injured again!”

“I’ll try…..” No! trying isn’t enough! If you can’t give me a guarantee, I’ll ensure it myself!

“Hyung, what if I say I feel something deeper too…..?”

“WHAT!” he moved so fast that he had to grab his foot as the pain shot through him due to the sudden movement.

“Careful!” I squealed as I sat next to his foot and tried rubbing it to ease the pain.

“Is….is it true…..do you….do you feel….!” He trailed off not knowing how to complete the sentence.

“Ehh, well, I won’t exactly say it’s love for now, as I’m not sure how love feels, but it’s definitely more than friendship….”  I blushed. I looked away to hide my face. That’s when I felt two arms pull me towards him, as he held me in tight hug before whispering,

“That’s more than enough…..we’ll work out!”

Taeyeon’s POV

When I reached Jonghyun-ssi place, I found Jinki, Tae and that frog Minho waiting in the living room.

“Jinki!” I called out, instantly catching their attention.

“Taeyeon!”

“Is Jonghyun-ssi alright?”

“Yes, he is fine, some cuts and a sprained ankle but luckily nothing major.”

“Oh that’s great, but didn’t you say his condition was bad? I thought he was hospitalized and was in a critical condition!” He nodded but turned towards that frog and addressed him.

“Minho-ya! I think you were panicking a bit too much on the call!” Minho blushed a bit, as he averted his attention. Aish! I should have known he would be behind this panic!

“Eh Yah! What is your problem? Do you know how worried we all were?! Can’t you stop being so dramatic for once!” I yelled at him as I poked his chest with my finger! Before he could retort, we heard a voice call from the bedroom’s door way.

“Hyung….come inside…” We all made our way in.

“How are you feeling now Jonghyun-sii?”

“I’m feeling quite good now Taeyeon-ssi!” he replied with a smile, as his eyes drifted towards Kibum. I smiled feeling happy for both of them.

“Jonghyun-ssi!”

“Yes?”

“I presume you live here alone right?”

“Yes, I live here alone.”

“Then who would be taking caring of you? You are injured and you will need some help getting around.” I asked.

“Ehh…..my noona was with me, but she had to go home as mom isn’t feeling well too. Minho-ya would you mind staying with me for few days?” he turned towards the frog and asked, but before he could reply, I interrupted

“No! I mean I’m sure Minho-ssi is busy! So Kibum-ah why don’t you stay and help Jonghyun-ssi? I’m sure Jinki won’t mind. Right Jinki?”

 “Ofcourse I won’t! Kibum-ah come with us, you can pack your back and I’ll drop you back!”

“Well that’s settled! Let’s leave now, Jonghyun-ssi needs his rest!”

I didn’t give anyone change to object as I escorted everyone out. I sincerely hope they bond well over these few days! They both deserve this happiness. And that frog!!!!! I will personally deal with you soon you tall frog!!!