Lucifer!

Soulmates!

Minho’s POV

“I can’t believe you!!!!! YOU OVERSLEPT!!!!! Why today of all the days MINHO?! Do you know how strict and punctual this photographer is?! This is going to reflect so badly on your image!!!!!! Argh!!” I could hear my manager nag. I was having a migraine. I know I overslept, but I didn’t do it on purpose! I was not able to sleep properly since that exhibition night. That crazy lady’s words kept echoing in my head. And suddenly my place by Jonghyun hyung’s side has been taken by Kibum! I saw his speech yesterday, special person HUH! Since when did he become so special?! EHHHHH!!!! ALL OF THIS IS FUSTRATING ME!!!!!!!!!

“OH…MI….MINHOOOOO!!!!!” I heard my manager yell in my ear snapping me out of my thoughts.

“What!!!?”

“We are here, let’s go! I need to do some damage control for your image.” I could hear him mutter under his breathe. As I followed my manager to the studio, I could hear some angry words. My manager stood there bowing to someone. From my place, I couldn’t see who it was. I made my way towards them.

“He isn’t feeling well so hehehehe……” I heard my manager tell the person sheepishly.

“I don’t believe this. You know what, I’m not sure about him, but my time is precious.”

That voice, no way it cannot be…..  I move to check who it was that my manager was apologising to.

HER!!!!!! This crazy lady is that renowned photographer?! NO WAY!!!!! As if hearing my thoughts, she looked at me. I could see her face going from annoyed to angry.

“YOU!!!!! What are you doing here!?” Before I could say anything, I heard my manager quickly answer,

“This is Minho, today’s model. You’ll be working with him Taeyeon –nim.”

Suddenly she started laughing. Both my manager and I looked at each other, wondering if she had finally lost it.

“Well, no wonder this mess is created! I mean if it’s you, then what do I expect? I don’t think the word punctuality exists in your vocabulary. All you know is how to bully someone weaker than yourself.” Ok that’s it! She is asking for it!

“Listen here lady…..”

“No you listen here; I don’t care how big of a star you are. But if you want to work with me then you follow my rules. My first rule is you respect everyone. Period. I don’t want to hear a single wrong word from you. In fact, I don’t want to hear any word from you! Rule number two, you’ll be punctual. If I say your shoot is by 7.30, I expect you by 7.15. Ah ah! Not a word. Rule three, you’ll do what I say without asking. Do you understand?” Just when I was about to give her a piece of my mind for all her rules, I heard a loud yell from somewhere behind her.

“NOOOOONAAAAA!!!!!” We all turned to see Kibum and Taemin making their way towards us in hideous outfits. WHAT THE !!!! What’s going on here?

“Aigooooo my babies, look at you!  You both look so beautiful!” Suddenly like a switch turned off, she had a 180 degree change.

“Noonaaa!!!! We look ridiculous! What kind of fashion sense is this?!” Kibum said huffing.

“Aigooo Bum-ah, this is current trending in New York. It’s called Reconstruction and Reinvention. You mix and patch up old styles to create new ones. I was hoping to send some of yours and Tae’s pictures to my friend who works in Vogue.” She told them with glistening eyes. I could see her words make their effect on them.

“You should have said this sooner Noona! Come Tae let’s go!” he said as he pulled Taemin along with him as they went back to the set. I could hear her giggle.

“Aigooo Bum-ah, you are so fun to tease!”

“Did you see? That’s what passion is about. But what can be expected from you? Well get changed, you might have all day but I don’t.” Saying this, she made her way to the set, probably to have her fun with those poor boys. As my manager dragged me to the changing room, I quickly snapped a picture of Kibum and sent it to Jonghyun hyung. Let him see how ridiculous his SPECIAL friend is!

To: Dino Hyung

Isn’t he Beautiful? Hehehehe!!!!! LOL!!!!

Kibum's Look

As I was getting my makeup done, I heard my phone go off. I checked to see who it was. It was Jonghyun hyung. Excusing myself, I quickly made my way towards a quiet corner .

“Hello Hyung?”

“Minho-ya I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

“No hyung not at all, tell me, what can I do for you?”

“Actually I called to apologise. I’m sorry about the awards. I know I suddenly decided to take Kibum along with me when we both usually go together. I hope you can forgive me for it. It’s just that we both are trying to make this friendship work.” he told me nervously

“It’s ok hyung, I understand. I’m not upset.” I told him with a fake voice. I hope he doesn’t notice it.

“I’m really lucky to have a friend like you. Also thank you for those pictures, he truly is beautiful hehehe. But my main reason for calling you was different. Are you around Kibum now?”

“Hmmm….yes kind off. I have a photoshoot today and he is here with Taemin.”

“Oh ok! I actually want to make sure you both get along well together. Minho-ya I know you’re upset with Kibum for that date night, but he had a reason. I cannot tell you everything in detail, but just knows that he went through a lot in the past and is still recovering. After what he went through, just the fact that he didn’t run away screaming or didn’t kick both of us out the very first time is commendable! In the past, he was abused by his ‘boyfriend’ if you can call a person like that a boyfriend and was blackmailed into giving him money! Kibum was young at that time and when he stopped complying, he sent an edited scandalous clip of Kibum to his family and that was the same time when his parents passed away in an accident. That is why he became very suspicious of everybody apart from his family. But he is really good at heart Minho-ya! He realised that he was wrong and apologised to me very sincerely! He is even willing to give me a chance after everything that happened!  This is the reason why we decided to take it slow and test it with friendship. If it doesn’t work for us we want to remain friends. I know you care for me, and trust me, I’m pretty confident about this, so please for me, just get along well with him.” I heard hyung request. The way he put it told me he was serious. I cannot believe that Kibum went through so much! And I can tell that Jonghyun hyung left out quite a bit so just how much did Kibum suffer?! On top of that he was blackmailed and I tried to intimidate him! No wonder that crazy la- oh! Taeyeon ssi was so angry at me! I would be angry too! Now what do I do????

“Minho-ya? Hello? Can you hear me?”

“Aah, yes hyung! I heard you! Yes yes, I’ll definitely get along with him!” 

Just then I heard my manager calling for me. “Hyung I’ll have to go now, they are calling me!”

“Ok I won’t keep you longer. Have a great day Minho-ya!” he said hanging up.

As I made my way to set, I saw Kibum and Taemin goofing around the staff. From the looks of it, I can see that they are adored a lot by everyone around them.

“ALRIGHT! GEAR UP! KIBUM! Turn left! Taemin, tilt your head some!” I heard Taeyeon-ssi bark at both Kibum and Taemin. Almost as if a switch was flipped on, both of them turned serious and started posing right away! Taeyeon-ssi was clicking away like the crazy lady she is but what surprised me the most was the ease with which both Kibum and Taemin kept up with her and followed all her orders perfectly! And although what both Kibum and Taemin were wearing was hideous on its own, when they wore it, for a moment even I felt like buying it! Especially what Kibum wore! He truly is a professional! 

“Minho! What were you doing? Why did you take so long to get ready?? Taeyeon-nim is even more angry now! What if she cancels the shoot??? She can easily kick you out! There is even Kibum ssi and Taemin ssi on the set! My God! What do we do??? Why are you still standing there?! Come here!” My manager came and dragged me to where the shoot was taking place.

“Ahh, Taeyeon nim….” My manager started off with a stutter.

“Ah, Manager ssi, so the frog finally decided to grace us with his presence. Even Kibum takes less time to get ready and he does it on his own. Anyway, Kibum-ah, Taemin-ah, you’re done for now. You, get into position quickly!”

“Go! Go! Don’t stand there like a fool!” My manager hissed at me and gave me a push. I quickly walked towards the centre and stood waiting for further instructions.

“Although I don’t know what Heechul was thinking when he chose you, I will work with you for his sake. Now don’t just stand there like a pillar! Start posing!”

And with that, the shoot started. I had to change into multiple outfits and Taeyeon ssi was quite strict and ordered around a lot but once she started the shoot, all her taunts stopped and she was completely focused on the shoot. With her directions, we finished the shoot quite quickly! She truly does live up to her renown! I need to talk to her! I need to apologise to her! I had better get ready to get kicked again…..

I went back to the dressing room and got changed into my normal clothes. By the time I went out, Kibum and Taemin were nowhere to be seen. However, Taeyeon ssi was there checking the photos. Huh, it’s now or never Minho! You can do it!!!!

“Uhm. Taeyeon-ssi.”

“What is it frog? What do you want?” she asked without even sparing me a glance! Who is a frog! How dare she??? No, no! I need to apologise to her! Not insult her! Also, her shoes look just as scary this time…..

“Taeyeon-ssi, I am very sorry. Not just for today but also for the exhibition. I should not have behaved the way I did. Although what Kibum did to Jonghyun hyung was wrong, I didn’t know why he did it and I should have taken Kibum’s point of view into consideration as well. And I would also like to apologise to you for my rude behaviour. It was extremely wrong on my part! If possible, I would like to offer you some coffee or tea to apologise to you!”

That’s when she turned to me fully and looked as if she was deeply shocked!

“Huh? What? Are you crazy frog? I don’t need you to offer me coffee. If you are really feeling sorry, then show it in your behaviour. No need to butter me up. Although I deeply dislike you and inspite of your mediocre posing, I did a great job with the photos. So there’s no need for your sycophantic attitude.”

What’s with the frog??? I do not look like a frog! And mediocre posing?? My posing is perfect thank you! No wait! I need to apologise! Why is she not accepting my apology??? I will work harder!!!

“Taeyeon-ssi, I am really sorry! Please give me a chance to apologise!” I said as I bowed down, almost folding myself in half. After nearly 10 minutes, I heard a sigh. “Get up frog. Tomorrow, 4 pm sharp. At Café AMIGO. And get up! Folding yourself in half doesn’t make you any less of a pillar! Don’t be late tomorrow! Now shoo! Go croak somewhere else!”

Croak?!!! Shoo?!!!!

“Yes Taeyeon-ssi. Thank you very much for the chance you gave me!”

Just you wait you crazy lady! I will show you that I am not a frog and I most definitely do not croak!!!!! I will make you see how sorry I am! Just you wait!!!!!!