Uyu Kula Ramen & Date Plans

Soulmates!

Jonghyun’s POV

Soon, the maid brought out some snacks. There was a broad selection of delicacies to choose from. There was a plethora of baked goodies commensurate with Korean snacks. But, what captivated my attention and flabbergasted me was a pot full of some bizarre looking ramen, placed right there in the center of all of these mouthwatering dishes.

“Noona, I made this delicious ramen for you all.” I heard Kibum say this to my noona. From the corner of my eye, I saw him scoop some of that questionable thing he called ramen in small bowls for us.

“Jjinja! Daebak, Key-ah! Charane! But I cannot eat ramen, rather I’m not allowed to at the moment as I am on a diet, but I’m sure Jonghyunnie & Minho-ya would love to taste it. Right boys?” Noona said looking at us. Minho looked at me at the same moment  I stared back at him, sharing a look that told the both of us that we were on the same page; this was so not going to end well. No offense to Kibum’s cooking skills, but isn’t ramen supposed to be red? And look at least remotely palatable?! This one had a strange, brownish white color to it and most certainly did not look edible. This queasy concoction was a far cry from the delicious ramen Kibum deemed it to be.

(Kibum's Uyu Kula Ramen looks something like this)

Soon we found ourselves holding a steaming bowl of it. Well, there’s no going back now. Sharing a last look with Minho, we decided to bite the bullet and taste it. Its smell was very peculiar and it certainly did not smell like a good ramen would. It did not elicit any nostalgia the smell of ramen invariably did. What it did smell like was doom and destruction. And the moment it touched my tongue, my instincts screamed for me to remove that offending “food” from my mouth. WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS?! Despite my instincts, I forced myself to swallow it. I could feel multiple eyes on me and as I looked up I saw a pair of cat eyes staring at me.

“How is it?”, he asked, smirking at me.

Kibum’s POV

Finally, it was the part I was waiting for! To see him take a bite of Taemin’s deadly concoction! His face turned a ghastly shade of white after taking a bite. Well mister, it was nice knowing you!!!

“How is it?”, I asked, smirking at him!

“It’s…It’s really delicious, one of the best ramens I have ever tried…”,he said, giving that cute puppy smile. No way! How is that even possible?! How can he even form a coherent expression let alone smile after eating that?! I looked at Taemin. He too had a shocked expression on his face. Just then, we heard a series of choking and coughing sounds.

Jonghyun’s POV

I started patting Minho’s back as he choked on that deadly concoction. I’m so sorry Minho-ya.

“Are you alright Minho-ya?” Noona asked looking very worried for Minho’s wellbeing. Barely catching his breath back, he spluttered out a few nonsensical words meant to assure Noona of his wellbeing.

“Why don’t you have some of these cookies or maybe cupcakes?” Jinki hyung asked, smiling that eye smile. I’m sure he knew why Minho was choking. And while those cookies and cupcakes looked fine, neither Minho nor I had any intention of eating anything that shared the table with that dubious ramen.

Instead, I decided to change the topic away from the food and ask Jinki Hyung something that was on my mind since the moment I laid my eyes on Kibum. “Hyung, would you mind if I take Kibum on a date, say maybe tomorrow? We can get to know each other this way.” I looked at Jinki hyung, trying to read his expressions.

“Why not? That is a lovely idea! Don’t you think so Kibum-ah?”, Jinki hyung said, all the while smiling at his younger brother.

Kibum’s POV

WHAT THE ???! NO WAY!! Things were escalating out of control at an exponential rate. First that stupid ramen plan failed, and now this date!

“Bu…But hyung! I have a photoshoot tomorrow! There’s no way I can make it. We don’t know when it will end; you know how long these shoots take. Right Taemin?” I looked at my best friend for help.

“Hmmm…well hyung it’s Jae Hyung & U-Know hyung. It wouldn’t take long with both of them.” That little pixie! How could he do this to me?! I glared at him! Whose side are you on Taemin!?

“Well, it’s settled then. Jonghyun-ah, you can pick up Kibum from Lee Entertainment building by 7, but can you stop by my office before that if you don’t mind?” hyung asked that puppysaurus while giving his eye smile. What is he planning?!

“Sure hyung. By what time would you like me to come by?”

“6.30 would do”

OMG!!!! There are deciding all of this without my consent! What do I do???? Ottohkeeee……