Suit Up!

Soulmates!

Jonghyun’s POV

Each time I have visited this place, the sheer size shocks me! I feel that our place is too big for 3 people so I can’t even imagine living here! I think I’ll get lost trying to travel from my room to kitchen! And to imagine only Kibum and Jinki hyung living here… they must not each other for days! I rang the bell and it was surprisingly opened by Kibum himself.

“Come in….I was waiting for you!” he said as he smiled at me. He has a very pretty smile. Each time I see it, it makes my heart skip a bit! Smiling back, I said-
“Hope I didn’t make you wait long?”

“Nope, I just got back myself.” he said as he led the way to his bedroom.

“Got back?”

“Yes! I had to arrange for your suit.” he told me as we walked in his room. WOW! I don’t even know where to start! His room was huge and very vintage! His bedroom had a king size bed with a seating area! It was painted with nice soft pink and gold.

Kibum's Bedroom

“Please, take a seat….Would you like something to eat or probably something to drink?” I was snapped out of my trance as he asked me.

“Emmm…..Water would do, hehehe.”I told him laughing softly. All he did was shake his head as he told the maid who had followed us to get us some tea and cakes. “So, would we be wearing your designs?” I inquired softly.

“Emmm….well they aren’t completely mine, but yes, I did take part in designing them. They are actually a part of Heechul hyung’s collection.” He told me, as he took a seat opposite me. “So, which painting did you get the award for again?”

“Wait. I’ll show you. I have a photo of it on my phone. Hmm, yeah! It’s this one! Here!” I handed him my phone with my painting opened on it.

Jonghyun's Poet | Artist Painting

“WOW! This is amazing! It’s so beautiful! With this level of talent, although it’s the Yanghyun award, I doubt it’s the first time you’ve won it right?”

“Actually I did win this award once before back in 2013. This year I have been awarded again. I’m really thankful to all the critics for picking my art and considering me deserving for this honor.” I told him with gratefulness. Winning is never on my mind, but when my works gets commended, it makes me happy.

“Well then we must make sure you look absolutely the best, shouldn’t we? Come, let’s go.” he said as he opened a door which I had failed to notice. As I followed him, I realized it was his walk-in closet. It was like Narnia, there were selves and racks with variety of clothes and shoes. A soft cream couch was located in the middle. It really seems like a different world here.

Kibum's Walk in Closet

I could see Kibum opening another door as he turned to me-

“Here’s the washroom, you can get fresh in here. Towels are laid out, you can use them. I’ll just get our suits ready till then.” he said as he softly pushed me in the washroom. By now I was immune to the grandeur of his room; as, the bathroom had a matching vintage look. I decided not to dwell much on that and hurry with it.

Kibum's Bathroom & Vanity

“Oh you’re done! Here’s your suit. You can change in there.” he said pointing towards a section made for changing. “For once, it’ll be used today, hehe!”

“Huh? You mean this partition?” I asked with quite a bit of curiosity.

“Yes. Usually, only Tae and I dress here so we don’t bother with it. But it was a part of the original room design so we left it be. Who knew it’ll finally be of use today!” Kibum said with a cheeky smile.

Huh. Well, I hope that partition becomes useless between us too someday. With that train of thought, I went to change into my suit. The suit really is beautiful and fits me perfectly! I think I look good in it if I may say so!

Jonghyun's Look

Just as I made my way out after putting on my suit, I heard my phone go off, playing my self-written song “Suit Up”. Talk about timings!

Oh Suit Up
Tightly tied Bow tie
Shining cuffs, put it all away
Don’t need them here
Oh Dress Up (softly)
The white veil that covers you
The soft lace, take it off
Don’t need to hide anymore”

I quickly picked it up, and I could see Kibum raising his eyebrows at the lyrics.

“Hello?”

“Jonghyun! Where are you?”

“Noona, I’m at Kibum’s place. He is helping me get ready for award show.”

“OH that’s so sweet of him. That’s exactly why I had called. To make sure you were getting ready in time. I didn’t want it to happen like last time when you slept till half an hour before the awards! Give Kibum ssi my regards! I’ll be hanging up now! I don’t want to take much of your time.” Noona said as he hanged up.

As I hanged up I could see Kibum giving me a look. ”What?” I asked him nervously.

“Your ringtone….”

“Ehhh….yes, what of it?”

“I have never heard that song before. Which song is that?”

“Ehhhh….it’s actually a song I wrote and recorded in my voice….” I told him blushing a bit as the lyrics and their meaning came to me.

“REALLYYY!!! Play it for me then! I want to hear it!” he exclaimed .

“Ehhhh….” I wasn’t so sure if I want him to listen to it, it was embarrassing!

“Oh come on, pretty please with a cherry on top!” I pleaded as he pouted.

“Ok…”  THAT FACE! How can I deny that face?! Here we go-

“One two, look up (Hey girl)
My necktie feels tight
Loosen it for me
I’m getting sleepy
My eyes are shutting
Let me lean on you

Your hands, your arms
They’re passing above my neck
Passing behind my back

Now Two step, right (Two step, right)
I’m craving for something sweet
I’ll pull you in
Close your eyes (come on)
You’re pushing
Then pulling
Tell me how you really feel

Yes, your hands
Are passing me
Can I hold you?

Oh suit up
Tightly tied Bow tie
Shining cuffs, put it all away
Don’t need them here
Oh dress up (softly)
The white veil that covers you
The soft lace, take it off
Don’t need to hide anymore

I’m still with you

I’m pulling you to me again
I’ve turned back the frozen clock hands
Oh oh hey
Only look at me today (Yes, you)

Yes, your hands
Are passing me
Can I hold you?

When I can see it all
You cover it up slightly
When I turn my head
I stop cause you

Yes, your hands
Are passing me (Please, hold me baby)
Can I hold you?

Oh suit up
Tightly tied Bow tie
Shining cuffs, put it all away
Don’t need them here
Oh dress up (softly)
The white veil that covers you
The soft lace, take it off
Don’t need to hide anymore

Oh suit up
Tightly tied Bow tie
Shining cuffs, put it all away
Don’t need them here
Oh dress up (softly)
The white veil that covers you
The soft lace, take it off
Don’t need to hide anymore

Oh suit up
Oh dress up
Oh suit up
Oh dress up
(You are, you are my girl)

Oh suit up (You are my girl)
Oh suit up (You are my girl)”

As the song ended, I glanced at Kibum to see him blushing as he averted his gaze. Finally, clearing his throat he said-

“W…Well that’s a nice song. Le….Let’s start getting ready or we’ll be late!” he said as he made his way to the vanity. “Come, have a seat, I’ll do your makeup.” I quietly sat. As I closed my eyes letting him fret around, I could feel him lightly touching my face as he applied the BB cream. His hands are soft and his touch sent shivers down my body. I could feel butterflies taking wings in my belly. As he leaned over me to apply some eye shadow, my nose was filled with his unique sent. Then, softly, he touched my lips and applied some lip-balm. It was a light vanilla scent. “Done.” I heard him say softly. As I opened my eyes, I could saw my reflection staring back at me. My, I have to give to him, he knows how to work with makeup!

As he went to get ready, I pulled out my speech which I had prepared. I also ate some cake the lady had left in the room while I was in the bathroom. I hope I don’t mess this up. “How do I look?” I heard Kibum ask. As I turned to look at him, once again I was stomped with his sheer beauty! Like an angel! Like a sculpture created by the masters!

Kibum's Look

“Beautiful!” I breathed out and this made him colour up instantly! How I wish to paint him in that shade!  

Soon, we found ourselves seated at our assigned seats. Tonight was a special night, not only because I was getting such a prestigious award, but also because I was sharing it with Kibum. Soon we heard the announcement we were waiting for.

“And tonight’s last award Yanghyun Misulsang goes to Kim Jonghyun for his awe inspiring work Poet | Artist!” Before I could get up, I felt Kibum squeeze my hand. As I glanced at him, he gave me a sweet smile. I smiled at him before I made my way on the stage to receive the award

Jongiee With Award

Kibum’s POV

As I saw him receive his award, I could feel a sense of pride bloom in my chest. It was his hard work and seeing it get appreciated made me super happy! He took his position in front of the mic to give his speech, but what he said was something I never expected him to say!

“Hello, this is Jonghyun! First of all I’d like to thank you all for this opportunity. Thank you Eomma and Noona for supporting me, my Manager Jini-hyung, I know I’m not easy to deal with, but thank you for putting up with me. All my organizing staff who work on extreme deadline to make sure events take place without any glitch! My friends who constantly worry and take care of me. And also for the first time, I’d like to thank a special friend of mine, whose presence has become as a huge source of inspiration. This award I’ll like to dedicate to him. Thank you once again for this honor! Good Night!”

I hope I didn’t imagine it, but when he said special friend, it felt like he was looking at me!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Authors’ Note:

Yanghyun Misulsang is awarded each year to an artist for his or her significant achievement. Winner gets a chance to showcase his or her collection at one of the world’s renowned galleries or museums of winner’s choice within 3 years of the receiving prize.