Set Up!

Soulmates!

Whoever said that Arrange Marriages are hard to arrange clearly didn’t mean it as joke, 28 year old Kim Jonghyun was facing the hardest crises of his life, today he was supposed to go and meet his intended. Now you’ll be wondering how come husband and not a wife, well that’s simple because he’s gay and he spent 28 years of his life coming to term. Now at 28, with constant nagging from his Umma and Noona, he finally decided to let them find him a spouse. He was really thankful to both of them that they accepted his uality and were supportive of him finding a male partner rather than forcing him to find a female one.

Jonghyun’s POV

“ Kim Jonghyun! Just what the hell are you wearing?” screamed my noona, making me almost jump out of my skin.

"You look like someone dragged you backward from the bed, what kind of look it that? “covering my ears with my palms, I glanced down at my current outfit, it was nothing special just my normal black hoodie and black jeans, what’s wrong in dressing up comfortably . I could hear chuckle coming from my right, and glanced at my so called best friend who was being so not helpful in this situation and enjoying my misery.

“ But Noona, what’s wrong with this outfit, it’s so comfy” this had Minho rolling on the floor from laughing too much, my best friend sure did a good job of imitating hyena, that ing good for nothing tall froggy.

“ Kim Jonghyun are you trying to scare away your intended, what would he say seeing you like this” my noona was a fire spitting dragon when things didn't go her way, I felt like sobbing, where is my cute and caring noona, where is my tall comforting & supporting friend, I don’t know this fire dragon and tall frog, I’m so nervous.

“ Minho-ya can you be a darling and help my stupid brother to dress in something which is acceptable by society standards” who’s sister is she, I feel so betrayed by both of them.

“ Sure Noona, leave it on me” said stupid frog controlling his laughter. When my noona left my room, I ran and tackled that giant keroro in a bear hug jumping on his back, this made us both loose our balance and fall on my bed, causing us to burst out laughing.

“ Oh Hyung! I really can’t believe you’re going to get married soon, I mean OMG, YOU ARE GOING TO GET MARRIED, MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED! Minho stared yelling at top of his lungs.

“ Yah Choi Minho, stop yelling before I turn deaf, yes I’m getting married, so what, someday you’ll too and let me remind you, we are just going to meet him today, it’s not like everything is finalized and we are marrying tomorrow, I mean I don’t even know him, noona just knows his elder brother or was it her husband, well all in all I don’t even know how he looks or what’s his personality like, thinking about it makes me so nervous, what am I supposed to do, help me you good for nothing so called best friend.” Just thinking about meeting this unknown person who if everything goes well would end up being my husband and would spend life time with me made me super nervous.

“Aigoo hyung, stop stressing, you are behaving like a high school girl on her first date, and it’s just a meeting, I mean me, Sodam Noona and Umma would be there with you, you’ll just have to get to know him and if you don’t like him it’s fine, but just meet him and now stop worrying and get up, we need to make you presentable or else your future spouse would reject you without much thought.

Similar to these two best friends another set of best friends were going crazy with worry.

Kibum’s POV

“But hyung is it really necessary, I mean I’m just 24 what’s the rush, are you so tired of me that you want to get rid of me, if so tell me, I’ll move out, Tae you won’t mind if I move in with you right, now I’m burden for Jinki Hyung my own brother. I’m sure your umma-appa won’t mind they love me any ways, and Taeyeon noona too, what’s the point of staying here when my own brother doesn’t want me, I feel so unloved at the moment.”

“ Bummiee, will you stop being so dramatic, and where are you going with feeling unloved and moving out, Of course I love, you know you are my everything and there is no rush, you are just meeting him, not like I’m marrying you off tomorrow. He is a nice guy, I know his sister’s husband, and I’m doing this because I love you a lot and I’m worried about you, with this constant projects I’m required to travel so much and leaving you alone here always weights on my mind. And don’t you think it’s nice to have someone special.” Jinki hyung looked at me with his soft smile. I can never understand how he manages to be stern and all business like one moment and all Dubu like at another. Well I’m not losing this battle.

“ If so then don’t you think you should find that someone special first as your older than me hyung” I smirked eyeing my best friend who had been so quiet since the beginning of this discussion was now sporting a soft pink blush on his cheeks . Oh Tae when are you going to tell my obvious hyung about your love, you have known him your entire life and your so called crush on him is cute but also annoying, I want to see you both together.

“What are you talking about, of course I have someone special” hearing this both me and taemin were shocked, hyung never told us or rather me about his special person, I’m seriously doubting his love for me now.

“What, since when did you have someone special and how come I don’t know about it. You never told me. Hyung how can you do this to your only cute, adorable and lovable baby brother” from the corner of my eye I saw how Taemin lowered his head, this was not good.

“ Of course you know about it Bummiee, who else can be my special person other than my chicken” oh hyung what am I going to do with you, I couldn’t help but burst out laughing. I could see a small smile playing on Taemin’s lips, knowing that he still had chance.

“ Why are you laughing young man, what’s wrong with my chicken and Mr. you need to start getting ready, if I know you as well as I think you need hours to get ready, so you better start now. Also Bummie, they will be coming over by evening, I have asked maids to get some snacks and tea ready, but it would be better and impressive if you could make something. Let them see or rather taste how amazing my baby brother is. I’ll be leaving you boys now, Taemin please do me a favor and make sure he gets ready on time.” Saying this Jinki hyung left us.

“Make something my foot” I felt like yelling at top of my lungs, this is so frustrating, I have an important shoot tomorrow, I don’t need this stress today.

“Come on hyung, let’s start preparing you”. Now you decided to talk, oh some best friend you are Taemin-ah.

“Now you are talking what happen to siding me when I stand up against hyung, some support you are” I looked at him frowning.

“Hyung, don’t say that, you know when Jinki hyung goes all Lee Onew on us, I can’t open my mouth even if I want to, he is just so dominating that way, I can’t help but want to submit to everything he says.”

“Oh stop stop, TMI, I don’t want to know how you want to what you said, ah submit to my hyung. Even though it’s cute seeing you all shy in front of my brother, I have some serious issue that I need your help with. If you’re done fantasizing about my brother will you help me thinking how I can get out of this stupid set up.” I wined

“How about you run away for few hours, you can come back when this meeting is over”

“What are you talking about, hyung will cancel this meet and reschedule it, and I’ll be in so much trouble after that, no it’s a bad idea, no running away. We need to find a way to make him reject me, so I won’t be upsetting hyung and he won’t be mad at me for causing trouble. Think Taemin-ah think” I started pouting at him.

“Ok Ok, give me two minutes to think” I could see him tapping his forehead, an indication that he was thinking this seriously. I watched him pace around the room for some time before he gave his infamous sly smile.

“ Well hyung how about this, you go and cook some really nice ramen for them”

“What, this is your great escape idea, ramen, right they will think we are too poor to feed them proper snack and reject me, how cool would that be now. Well my Einstein let me tell you something, you heard hyung right maids are preparing snacks”

“Would you listen to me without interrupting, when I said Ramen, I didn’t mean any normal ramen, I meant my special Uyu KKula Ramen”

“Wait a sec, is it by chance that same ramen that you fed me once when we were alone and I woke up in hospital with a bad case of diarrhea”

“Yup, that’s the one”

“Oh Taemin-ah you’re the best, this is like the ultimate card, after that Ramen, he won’t even think of my name without shivering” I hugged my besties and we both started laughing our evil laugh, we did that every time we had any mischief up our sleeves. Well Mr. would be Husband let’s see how you survive this Uyu Kkula Ramen Test.