Taehyuk

The 7 Deadly Personalities of Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Tiffany had planned this correctly, she would soon find Taeyeon going to her gym. Just like she meets Taeyeon every Saturday at the same nightclub, Tiffany suspects that Taeyeon goes to the same gym every Tuesday. Possibly at the same time Tiffany was doing groceries last Tuesday which was close to 6pm.

 

Tiffany was now waiting for Taeyeon in the same alley she almost got mugged by that man last week, the difference this time is that Tiffany wasn’t carrying bags of groceries. She wasn’t even carrying a bag. She only had a phone in one of her pockets while the other had her keychain and $50 bucks for any emergency.

 

When Tiffany found the girl she was looking for walking up the alley, the corners of her lips tugged upward. There it was Taeyeon, sporting a samurai bun and her adidas black tracksuit. The moment Taeyeon’s eyes met Tiffany, the girl stopped walking and her pale cheeks colored in pink.

 

“Hi...” She said awkwardly.

 

“Do you remember me?” Tiffany asked her, lifting her eyebrows.

 

“Ah yeah, of course, you’re the girl that I helped last week, aren’t you?”

 

“Do you remember my name?”

 

Taeyeon placed her head on the back of her head. “I don’t think...you ever told me your name...”

 

So Tuesday Taeyeon remembers what happens on Tuesdays. What happens on Saturdays stays with Saturday Taeyeon. Okay. Easy to grasp that.

 

“It’s Tiffany.”

 

“Canadian?”

 

“American.”

 

“Right. Nice to meet you, Tiffany.” That made Tiffany smile faintly because there was an awkward feeling around them that Tiffany didn’t know how to break it.

 

“You’re going to the gym, right?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, her hands in her pockets. “Yep!”

 

“Can I go with you?”

 

“With me?” She asked, not understanding the question.

 

“I just moved recently and I’m in search of good yoga classes, maybe your gym could offer it.” She was not really interested in yoga classes, she just wanted to spend some time with Taeyeon and know where her gym is, so she can talk more with her and figure her problem out.

 

And Tiffany had a feeling that Tuesday Taeyeon was a much more approachable person than Saturday Taeyeon.

 

“Oh, yeah, sure. You know, you are lucky, ‘cuz my gym has yoga classes!”

 

“What a coincidence.” Tiffany commented, rather sarcastically, because she knew that most gyms in South Korea had yoga classes. That was not a surprise.

 

Taeyeon didn’t seem to grasp the sarcasm though. “C’mon, just follow me!” And Tiffany followed the girl.

 

~~*~~

 

“Yo, what’s up, man?” A blonde athletic girl greeted her the moment they walked in.

 

Tiffany frowned, finding that greeting weird.

 

“Oh, hello there, Hyo!” Taeyeon greeted back with a smile.

 

“You got yourself a pretty challenge today, heh?”

 

“Did I? Has the sorting already been done?”

 

“What challenge?” Tiffany asked curiously to Taeyeon.

 

“Ah, I’m part of the Taekwondo club of the gym.” Ah, that makes sense why she could defeat that man from last week. “We arrange fighting tournaments between the members every other month. We have brackets and stuff like that, just like a real tournament! And this week is my turn.”

 

“Really?”

 

“First round of 16.” The blonde called Hyoyeon answered right away. “I’m looking forward to it.”

 

But before the blonde could say anything else, a tall man showed up, placing his arm over Taeyeon’s shoulders. “Yo, You’re late, man. You gotta fight Son Heung Min!”

 

“The soccer player?” Tiffany asked, surprised. She heard about a man named Son Heung Min that plays in the South Korea National Team.

 

“No! Why would he fight the soccer player??” He asked, confused. “It’s that dude over there!” He pointed out to a man that was kicking a leather heavy bag. Tiffany felt her heart swollen up. That man was at least two feet taller than Taeyeon, his biceps completely formed, as well as his six pack, and his kicks were so strong that the leather bag was moving back and front like if it was a rapid pendulum of some sort.

 

What the hell, Taeyeon will have to fight that guy?

 

“It’s gonna be fun! I’m pumped up!” Taeyeon said it, quite excited.

 

“Are you serious?” Tiffany asked, worried for the woman.

 

“What? You think I can’t beat him?” Taeyeon didn’t seem to like that Tiffany wasn’t putting much trust on her.

 

“He’s so...much ...bigger than you!”

 

“Ah, height doesn’t mean anything. Technique is always the most important asset in Martial Arts!”

 

“But...”

 

“Heh...you don’t think my boy Taehyuk here can’t take him, huh?” The man said to Tiffany, making her blink. How did he call Taeyeon? “Let’s make a bet.”

 

“A bet?”

 

“What’s your name, lady?”

 

“Tiffany Hwang.”

 

“American?”

 

“Born and Raised.”

 

“Well, Tiffany Hwang, it’s decided then. $10 bucks is the value of the bet.”

 

“I didn’t agree to this.”

 

“Well, I’ve already put my money in, so you gotta put yours!”

 

“That’s ridiculous! You’re making your own rules here!”

 

“Everyone here is down for the bet! Check this out...Hyoyeon, you’re in?”

 

“Sure!” The blonde put her 10$ on the boy’s hand.

 

“SOOYOUNG, YOU’RE IN FOR A BET?” He shouted to a woman on the other corner of the gym.

 

“COUNT ME IN!” She answered just as loud.

 

“See?” He turned to Tiffany. “The bet is on. You can’t fall back now, American!” Tiffany puffed, angry that he is doing tricks like those. “Gimme your 10 bucks!”

 

“I’m not gonna give you 10 bucks!”

 

“Well, think this way, if you win the bet, you’ll come back home with over $300 bucks in your pocket.” That didn’t sound bad. “A good deal, isn’t it?”

 

“I only have this 50 bill.” His eyes sparkled brightly.

 

“Ah, that’s even better!” And he quickly took the note from Tiffany’s hands. “I’ll do the paperwork. Be right back!” And saying that, the man left them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter