Freaky Friday

The 7 Deadly Personalities of Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s bugging you, Tiff?” Yuri asked her friend, noticing Tiffany being unusually quiet for a friday night. “Cheer Up! It’s Friday Night!”

Of course she was happy that it was Friday and she could enjoy the weekend but the thing was that she’s been thinking about Taeyeon the whole week. Tiffany didn’t know what to do as she never got into that type of situation before. For all, she was moody, sad and tired.

 

She just wanted to go back in time and not have gone closer to Taeyeon that day. Everything started because she allowed herself to sleep with Taeyeon that Saturday Night. It was all Yuri’s fault! And that martini!

 

“Taeyeon is bugging me.” She replied, honestly.

 

“Aish, Tiff, I’ve told you to step back and move on! Forget about Taeyeon, she is not your girlfriend!”

 

“Don’t you think she’s weird?” She asked, trying to gather information about her from Yuri. Yuri frequented that bar longer than Tiffany does and maybe she knew intel about Taeyeon that Tiffany didn’t.

 

“How weird?”

 

“That she doesn’t seem to be the same person the next day.” She said, her brain working hard trying to figure out a reason for Taeyeon’s unusual behavior.

 

“Ah, she’s just wasted.” Yuri dismissed. “She drinks a lot of alcohol and the only thing that she has to face the next day is her hangover.”

 

“No, that’s not it.” She shook her head. “Have you ever slept with her?”

 

“Sure I have.” She revealed. Tiffany did not like that. “I was naive just like you.”

 

“Naive just like me?”

 

“Slept with her one day and then some days later I found her acting all bookish and nerdy without even bothering to look at my face!”

 

“Was it on a Wednesday?”

 

“What?”

 

“The day you met Taeyeon all bookish and boring… was it a Wednesday?”

 

“I don’t know. How can I even remember that? That’s not important! The message here is that Everything that happens in that nightclub stays in that nightclub! Kinda like Vegas!”

 

“Have you even...ever been to Vegas, Yuri?” Tiffany asked, raising her eyebrows. “That club is nothing like Vegas! It’s more like a Vacancy Club from Diamond Bar!”

 

“It’s what it is, Tiffany.” Yuri said, drinking her beverage. “Taeyeon doesn’t remember who you are the moment she wakes up in the morning. She drinks too much, that’s it! There is no rocket science here!”

 

“But do you know what doesn’t make any sense?”

 

“What?” She asked, pretending to be curious.

 

“That she remembers me when it is Saturday.” Tiffany added, more to herself than to Yuri. “So how is it possible that she remembers me when it is Saturday but not when it’s the other days of the week?”

 

“What?”

 

“If I go to her tomorrow and ask her about Tuesday, she will say she didn’t see me on Tuesday. But I did. And if I asked her about last saturday night, she would tell me all the positions we had .”

 

“TMI, Tiff.”

 

“That doesn’t make any sense, does it? How can a person only remember events from a specific day?”

 

“You could mistake her for somebody else. It’s common for westerners to…”

 

“I can tell Asians apart, Yuri!” She squeaked, not liking that even her friend Yuri was throwing that excuse at her face. “For real, man! I know it is her! I’m not crazy!” She defended herself. “I met her on Tuesday, Yuri! I really did!”

 

“And…”

 

“And she was completely different! If I did not know her, I would say she was actually a man!”

 

“Don’t say that to a girl, Tiff, it’s really rude!” Yuri retorted it.

 

“No, I mean like…not ugly like a man… I mean she was athletic and sporty and manly and charming and smelled so nice!”

 

“Please don’t, Tiffany.” Yuri’s voice was serious.

 

“Don’t what?”

 

“Don’t get closer to her. I told you. You’ll all be left broken.”

 

“I don’t want to get closer to her!” Tiffany denied. “I just want to understand what is going on!”

 

“What you mean what is going on? She is just wasted and doesn’t remember the heck she did the previous night. That’s it!”

 

Tiffany shook her head sideways. “No. That’s not it. I know it isn’t! I know there is something there that is not ordinary!”

 

“So what are you gonna do? You gonna chase her every single Saturday in the hope she’ll love you back? She won’t, Tiff. And the earlier you stay away from her, the better it is!”

 

Tiffany was not glad with that advice. Not only did she find out that Tuesdays Taeyeon has a different name, but in fact has a completely distinct personality than every Taeyeon she met so far.

 

She was so close on understanding little by little how her memory worked but so distant at the same time that Tiffany couldn’t really pinpoint what the real problem even was. That was so tiresome and exhausting. When she stirred the ice in her soda with the straw, the lightning of that burger place became a little darker, and she noticed music equipment being mounted on a small stage.

 

“Oh, it looks like we’ll have a little concert here.” Yuri said, excitedly. “Nice!”

 

Tiffany was also interested. She always loved music.

 

“We’d like to thank you for all your presence this evening!” A man in the center of the stage spoke up. He seemed to be an employee from the pub. “This Friday Night we’ll have our battle of the bands!” Some cheers were heard. “We all know how our music industry is all on their fours for idols and teen celebrities, and that for indie and rock artists who are searching for their place in the sun! The battle of the bands is where those artists can show their sound and music to us!” A group of people clapped for that.

 

“Please, give them a lot of love and strength as it is hard to be a rock artist in this country!”

 

“This will be fun!” Tiffany squeaked. “I kinda have a thing for rockstars.”

 

“I thought you had a thing for sportists guys.” Yuri snarked.

 

“Yeah, them too.” Tiffany agreed. “I’m versatile, Yuri... I don’t really try to label myself.” Yuri just chuckled for her friend’s reply.

 

“The first band of tonight… also known as T.Y.S please welcome…. TaeYoonSeo!”

 

She was just drinking her soda when she saw three women climb up the stage. All of them were all about the same height, aside from the girl in the middle, who was a lot shorter than her bandmates, but her heels made it up for it. Their style comprised of long sleeved black shirts and red checkered shorts and high-ankle black boots. The shortest of the bunch had the guitar strap on her shoulder, and taking the center seat at the middle of the stage, Tiffany took her as the leader of the group. The woman was petite, with black hair and pale skin and when the lights of the pub illuminated her face, Tiffany felt the soda gone back through her nostrils. “What the ? Taeyeon!??”

 

“You gotta be kidding me!” Yuri blinked twice.

 

“C’mon, do it! Tell me! Tell me it ain’t her! Tell me, Yuri, that I can’t tell Asians apart!” Tiffany was cleaning her face with a napkin, her eyes in tears due to the soda’s gases. “Oh, good grief!”

 

“What is she doing here? Does she really have a rock band?”

 

When her fingers started playing the strings of her guitar and the voice echoed in the room, Tiffany’s heart began beating faster than usual. Taeyeon was singing a song. In English. In English! Her pronunciation was so clear that she could even pass as a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter