Falling Again? 또 빠진다?

Begin Again

That weekend, Sunggyu stayed at home all day and ignored everyone including his brother. He’s in no condition to answer any of those questions people would throw to him.

Though at one point, Sunggyu felt like going to his favorite café just to see a certain person.

But he was afraid.

He’s afraid of being rejected again.

The scene from the past week is still haunting him, killing his courage to speak up to the person again. He can only stares across the street through the crystal clear glass to the all-smiley dark-hair barista in the café. The longer he sees the smile, the harder his heart aches. His brain still cannot register the fact that Woohyun is going out with Junsu. It still feels so improbable to him.

But the kissing scene that keeps replaying in his head tells him otherwise.

Is he going to lose Woohyun again? The question lingers in his thought, making his chest tighten every second. Losing Woohyun again is indeed the last thing he would want but chasing the guy and getting rejected is almost unbearable for him.

With a deep inhale, Sunggyu glances up at the sky which is filled by dark cloud, feeling just like his inside.

 

----

 

Returning to school is the last thing on Sunggyu’s mind but he doesn’t have a choice. It’s not like he can keep skipping school without a solid reason.

Heartbroken surely isn’t one.

Sunggyu gulps as he knocks on the familiar door with “Principal” sign in front of it.

As soon as steps into school, his energetic vice president tells him that he’s needed at the principal office.

The news is not surprise to him at all because he’s been preparing to get lectured about missing classes for the whole last week. It happens all the time when he is slack of being disciplined. He needs to be the role model to the students and that’s the pain of being President of Student Council.

He pushes the door open after a fainted “come in” arise from the other side of the door.

“Hello Sir” he greeted with ninety degree bow once stepped inside the room.

“Oh, Sunggyu yah… Where have you been last week?” The principal asked, putting down the paper that he was reading.

As expected. Sunggyu thought before replying.

“I’ve been sick, sir”

“I see. Take a seat here” The old man said as he gestured the seat in front of his desk.

Sunggyu pulls the chair and sits down.

“I hope you are better now. But you know the regulation. As Student Council president, missing class is not common. You need to be the role model for the school” the older man reaffirmed him with a firm voice.

“Yes sir.” Sunggyu answered, fully aware of his mistake.

“It’s just out of concern as I don’t want to see your grade slipping. Since the work at the council is already a lot of handle, it’d be hard to catch up with class if you miss class out of nowhere like that”

“Yes sir. I understand. I will do better”

“I’m glad.”

“How’s the thing going on with new student? I remember asking you to introduce him around”

“Yes sir. I’ve done it”

“I heard he’s hanging out with Junsu. You know that?” The principal questions

“Well, you know that I don’t want more people in Junsu gang, it’s already headache enough.”

“I’m aware, Sir”

“Alright. I just want to make sure of those. You may go now”.

 

Sunggyu let out a big breath after leaving the suffocated room.

The rumor must be floating around the school that even the principal knows that Woohyun is hanging out with Junsu. He thought while moving his soulless body to the class.

The image of them kissing pops up into his head again leading him to sigh once more time. It’s been haunting him and now he has to face the reality.

Once he steps into the class, Sunggyu is instantly being reminded of the reason he’s missing the class last week. The center of his attention direct to the sound of the soothing laugh belong to the dark-hair guy, sitting almost at the back. Woohyun is chatting with Junsu about something that Sunggyu does not catch but they seem to enjoy it a lot.

If the feeling he was having during the walk from principal room to here is heavy, he is now feeling like a mountain is on his back. Sunggyu quietly walks to his desk choosing to ignore the pain for a moment.

Though it doesn’t stop his ear from perking up to the certain conversation in the back. He doesn’t want to that it’s intended but he has a high intuition that it is.

“You have to go to your class right?”

“I’ll pick you up after work okay, babe?”

Although his mind instructed him not to look at the scene, Sunggyu still steal a glance that he immediately regrets it as he saw Junsu extended his hand to pinch Woohyun’s cheek.

Like the kissing scene doesn’t give him enough mess in the brain and heart now he has another scene to be reminded of.

He curses lightly under his breath when Junsu throws a victorious smirk at him over the shoulder while leaving the class.

I’m sure I will get sick again soon if this happens everyday. Sunggyu thought as he feels the headache is forming at the back of his head.

 

----

 

“Hyung, you look like a slump”

Hoya said aloud once Sunggyu stepped into their practice room at the end of the week.

The said guy gives him a small smile in response before letting his body slop down on the floor. He knows the fact quite well as he can see the clear dark circle under his eyes along with a pale lip and skin in the mirror reflection.

“Woohyun?” Dongwoo questioned.

“Urgh… You just have to ask, what else!” Sungyeol who is sitting at the drum set commented, prompting a glare from the small eye guy which he indifferently returns in a shrug.

“I heard the rumor flying around about he and Junsu. Ain’t you keep chasing him?” Hoya asked

“Doesn’t work and it’s worsened with that Kim Junsu in the picture” Sunggyu replies in a hopeless tone. The other guys in the room look at each other in worried. It’s probably their first time seeing Sunggyu this wan.

“You know that Junsu is not a guy who would date someone like Woohyun, right?” Hoya said after a pause.

The older seems to be thinking for a moment before letting out the response.

“I know that. Something’s fishy over there but I don't know what to do.”

“Woohyun doesn’t talk to you still?”

The hyung shakes his head.

“I have an idea, hyung”

Sunggyu arches his brow suspiciously at the younger guy’s statement.

“Just do what I said then. Sungyeol, come here! Let’s help this hyung out!”

He doesn’t feel good about what’s going to come but it doesn’t hurt to try when you have no option.

 

----

 

Woohyun does not know how it escalates to this but one moment it was Dongwoo and Hoya asking him to join them for a drink then now he’s awkwardly sitting in a table at a BBQ house with Sunggyu in the table.

“Sungyeol won’t make it. He’s going somewhere with Myungsoo again” Hoya said after getting off the phone with the mentioned guy.

“Kids these day”

“Hyung, you said like you are so old now”

The conversation goes here and there and Woohyun tries his best to stay out of the talk with his ex-boyfriend. He’s thinking of how to excuse himself to go home but it’d be rude of him to just leave the two guys so immediately.

After a few more glasses and a few glances from the familiar small pair of eyes, Woohyun decides he needs a break, so he excuses himself for the bathroom.

When he returns, he does not expect to see the scene where Hoya is on the top of Sunggyu throwing punches to each other face while Dongwoo is trying to break the two guys off.

“You just disrespect me right now?”

“I’m your Hyung for the god’s sack”

“So what if you are the hyung! You don’t act like one”

“Yah Yah, Don’t fight! What’s wrong with you guys!” Dongwoo yelled as he managed to pull Hoya off the older guy but does not stop the latter to throw another fist to his opponent.

Woohyun has to jump into the situation and holds Sunggyu, who is still ready to launch anytime. He throws a questioned look at Dongwoo for some sort of explanation. He only gets a head-shake from the guy who is now trying to Hoya out of the restaurant.

After managing to sit Sunggyu back down to the table, Woohyun finds Dongwoo rushing back to their table and grabs his stuffs.

“Woohyun ah, can you settle the bill and send Sunggyu hyung home? He’s a bit drunk now and I can’t leave Hoya too.” Dongwoo reluctantly asked, feeling sorry for the guy to be troubled by the situation.

The said guy is a bit stunned with the immediate suggestion but ending up giving a nod in return as Dongwoo is rushing.

“Thank you so much! And I’m sorry, Woohyun ah” The latter pulls him into a quick hug before running out of the restaurant. He assumes Hoya must be outside waiting.

He sighs turning to his problem for tonight. The caramel head who is rubbing his cheek that now is red from the recent impact.

He quietly calls for the bill and apologetically bows to the owner and the guests around them who are bothered by the incident. 

“Let me get you home. Let’s go” Woohyun announced after settling the bill. 

Sunggyu gives at him a confused look. Woohyun cannot tell whether it is from the alcohol or the odd feeling that his ex who has been avoiding him would agree to bring him home.  

Woohyun could care less about that fact for now as he noticed that the older does look quite drunk as his ears are red and those small eyes that directing to him are barely opened.

“I said let me bring you home. You didn’t hear wrong, tell me your address”

Sunggyu snaps out of the confused state and reaches into his pocket for the phone then brush a few touches before showing the screen to Woohyun.

He saw the address written on it.

“You must be drinking a lot to have your home address here.” The younger male mumbles out which earns him a sheepishly grin from Sunggyu.

Woohyun does not expect the grin strikes him dumb as he suddenly finds the smile very charming.

He tries to avert his gaze elsewhere as he extends the hand for the guy to grab.

Damn, what is wrong with me

Grab your sense, Woohyun ah.

 

After a short walk, they manage to get to the nearest bus stop to Sunggyu’s home. Woohyun has the guy's hand over his shoulder supporting him as the older barely walks the straight road after leaving the restaurant.

The ride home is silence. Woohyun takes a few quick glances at the face of the guy beside him. He has his eyes closed, probably cannot stand the effect of the alcohol anymore. His cheek is now obviously swollen, and his lip is busted with a sight of bleed sipping out.

Woohyun doesn’t know what gets into him but he has the sudden urge to careless the swollen cheek. With hesitation, he moves his palm to the guy’s cheek with the effort to make the touch as soft as possible to avoid waking the older guy up. His fingers lingering for a while before naturally move down to the lip.

The soft and tenderness feeling against his finger tips are too alluring as if it’s something he’s been wanting to feel for so long.

Probably it is.

But he never admits to it.

He never admits that he does miss Sunggyu here and there.

Sometimes… Somedays...

He retrieves his hand immediately as Sunggyu twitches in his sleep.

 

Woohyun knows this is bad.

 

It’s so good that it's so bad.

 

He softly smiles at his hand before looking at the guy beside him again.

 

Am I falling for you again, Sunggyu hyung?

 

--------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I totally apologize for taking too long for an update. I've been trying but the story line does not seem right so I've got to haul in for a moment. Now that I've set up a few things right, I'm back with the fic. Haha

I hope it's not too boring or too bad. and as always excuse my grammar haha I will come back to it later. 

I already finished another half of it so expect another update soon haha XD

Thanks for keeping up with me. 

 

-A