Who Again? Part II (당신은 누가)

Begin Again

The moment Sunggyu opens his eye, he is greeted with a blur vision of the white ceiling.

 

Everything feels blank as he looks around the room. He notices his left hand is attached to the IV strips and his abdomen is covered in the white bandage.

 

The punch and the kick…

 

He’s being thrown to the ground, the feet and shoes stumping…

 

Pain starts to invade his head as the vivid memories comes back.

 

“Hyung, you are awake?” Sungyeol, who came out of the restroom, rushes to his side.

 

Sunggyu manages to give him a slight nod despite his head feels like it’s going to split open anytime soon.

 

He isn’t sure what Sungyeol did but a moment later, the doctor and the nurses has arrived.

 

They examine him, asking him questions where he feels the pain and what he remembers in the last 48 hours.

 

He tries to answer with his headache then he remembers one thing.

 

Woohyun…

 

Where is Woohyun? How’s he doing?

 

“Woohyun…” he murmured, and the doctor looked perplex at his answer.

 

He looks around the room again and his heartbeat rises as he cannot locate the guy anywhere.

 

“Where is Woohyun?!” this time, Sunggyu yelled.

 

“Woohyun is fine, hyung” Sungyeol answered but it did not seem to cross over to Sunggyu as the latter continue to yell.

 

“Woohyun! Where is Woohyun! Is he okay? Woohyun ah! Woohyun!”

 

As if the timing is correct for one, the door opened and the dark hair male rushes in along with his brother.

 

“Woohyun ah” Sunggyu said with his arm yearning to reach the guy.

 

“Sunggyu yah” Woohyun’s hand naturally goes around to wrap the guy into a hug, calming him down in the process.

 

They are hugging for awhile until Sunggyu feels a bit relax. After the latter calms down, the doctor was able to proceed and conclude his examination.

 

“There is no sigh of memory loss which is good, considering the impact that he has gotten. His emotion may be a bit instable for the time being but overall, his condition is not critical.” the doctors explained.

 

“He will need to rest a few days here for the extra examination then he can be discharged from the hospital and rest at home” he added with a smile.

 

“You are lucky, Sunggyu-shi” the doctor said as he is leaving with the nurses followed behind him.

 

Sunggyu slightly bows his head while sitting on the bed, still holding Woohyun’s hand, whom is standing by the bed.

 

After the doctor leaves, the patient immediately turns to the guy behind him, who promptly smiles at him.

 

“I’m glad you are okay” Sunggyu weakly said as he tightens their holding hand.

 

“Idoit… you are the one who is hurt” Woohyun responded and lightly pat Sunggyu’s hand with his thumb.

 

They smiled at each other, just feeling the plain joy for knowing that each of them is safe.

 

“Ah hem” Hoya faked a cough, reminding the two that there are other four guys in the room. Hoya and Dongwoo returned with food while the doctor was checking on Sunggyu.

 

“Thank you guys too” the now red-faced Sunggyu said as he turned to face Hoya and Dongwoo

 

“I thought you already forget us” Hoya said with a playful grin.

 

“What?” Sunggyu said, trying to be oblivious with the situation.

 

“Because you only see Woohyun there” Dongwoo teased with a mischievous smile.

 

“Aniya…” he denied as his face getting redder.

 

Everyone laughs at the elder’s shyness.

 

A loud bang from the direction of the door, interrupting the moment.

 

“SUNGGYU YAH!” a lady in probably her mid-forty shouted as she came in the room. Woohyun immediately let go of Sunggyu hand as he figures who the lady might be.

 

“Omo omo! My Sunggyu! My Sunggyu!” She immediately goes toward Sunggyu’s side and touches his cheeks with a concern expression.

 

“Gosh! I can’t believe this!”

 

“What did they do to my boy?!”

 

“Omo Omo!”

 

“How are your feeling, Gyu yah?”

 

She continues to rant out with question after question.

 

Sungyeol mouths at Myungsoo “Omma?”

 

Myungsoo nods, confirming the identity of the loud lady who just come in.

 

“I’m so worried when I received the hospital call”

 

“Myungsoo didn’t call me. Thank god I put myself as your guardian and instruct them to call me whenever your name is registered in the hospital”

 

Myungsoo almost rolled his eyes at the remark. Like this is literally the reason why he did not call his mom in the first place. The brother agreed with each other that unless the condition is critical that they will ring their mom or else they will keep quiet about it.

 

“I’m alright, Omma” Sunggyu said with an awkward smile.

 

“yeah, the doctor said he will need a few days of rest and then he can be discharged” Myungsoo added.

 

His mom looks at them back and forth, as if she does not believe their words.

 

“You boys are sure about it?”

 

“Yes!” they promptly response at the same time as they have been doing this for year.

 

“Okay okay”

 

“What happened?! Someone bullied you?!” their mom continues to ask. “I will visit the principal if I have to!” she added, making the brothers wants to facepalm themselves.

 

“Mom, it’s okay.” Sunggyu assured. His mom does not need to know any of this story.

 

“Aigoo, How can it be? You are staying in hospital, Sunggyu yah” his mom lightly pats his hand.

 

As she looks elsewhere, something or rather someone has caught her sight.

 

“You look familiar, boy” She narrows her eyes and lean forward to have a closer of the person, who has his head downed, looking at the ground.

 

The brothers gaze at each other.

 

“You are that brat eh?”

 

Myungsoo shuts his eyes.

 

She remembered!

 

“You follow my son tills now”

 

“Don’t tell me he’s the one who got you into trouble” She points at Woohyun as she gives Sunggyu a questioned stare.

 

“No, mom.” Sunggyu denies, avoiding his mother’s eye contact. And of course, his mom can see through his obvious lie.

 

“I knew it! You good for nothing! I know it since the beginning! You lowlife brat” His mom started bickering at the quiet boy.

 

Woohyun just stands there in silence as he has no idea what to react. Though Myungsoo did warn him, he wasn’t expecting this at all.

 

“Mom!” Myungsoo steps in to hold on his mom’s left arm, preventing her from launching at the boy.

 

“Don’t come near him!” She yelled as she is being pulled back by Myungsoo.

 

The other boys freeze in their places. They were not expecting the lady to be this sassy.

 

“YOU SEE! HE GOT HURT BECAUSE OF YOU!”

 

“DON’T COME IN TO RUIN HIS LIFE!”

 

“MOM!” Sunggyu shouted with his weak voice. His head is still pounding in pain and the situation is making it worse.

 

The nurse comes in from the loud noise through the door.

 

“What happen?”

 

“I WANT THIS BOY OUT!”

 

“Ma’am please be calm. This is patient room” the nurse are trying to calm her down.

 

“I DON’T GIVE A ! GET HIM OUT” the lady yells while continues to struggle out of her son’s grip.

 

Woohyun clutches his fist tightly before lifting his face just enough to steal a glance at Sunggyu who gives him an apologetical look.

 

Taking a deep breath, he bows before turning around toward the door, leaving the room.

 

He cannot help the tear coming out as Sunggyu’s mom words ring in his head.

 

He got hurt because of you…

 

He got hurt because of me…

 

---

 

“Mom, You don’t have to do this!”

 

“No! Now whose side are you on, Myungsoo?!”

 

Myungsoo frowned at his mom, feeling frustrated. He cannot believe the fact that his mom is putting Woohyun on the blacklist for visiting his brother.

 

“He’s such a virus, seriously!” his mom said in disguising while folding the paper into her purse.

 

“Ah Jinja! Omma!” Myungsoo stormed away after failing to stop his mom.

 

He hushed a breath and riffle his hair in annoyance. He pulls his phone and dials the number he knows the most.

 

“Sungyeollie” he said once the line got picked up.

 

“Tell Woohyun hyung that he’s on blacklist from visiting Sunggyu’s hyung”

 

“WHAT?”

 

“Yeah I know. My mom is just impossible”

 

“I will find a way to sneak him in somehow”

 

---

 

Woohyun looks at the big violet bruise on his shoulder in the reflection. He didn’t think it would be this bad, but the pain has been worse during the last two days. He gritted the teeth at the pain as he puts the school shirt on.

 

He was wanting to visit the hospital yesterday but Sungyeol said he was on the blacklist and he would have a chance this evening with Myungsoo’s help.

 

Rumors had been spreading throughout the school about the Sunggyu engaged in the gang fight because he wanted someone’s boyfriend. And that he ended up pettily knocked down because of his arrogance. There are even words that his status as council president is being provoked because of it.

 

“Yah, I can’t believe Sunggyu oppa is such a person”

 

“eh it’s just rumor. I heard it’s the new guy who were causing trouble. He went to hangout with Junsu’s gang in the first place”

 

“I believe Sunggyu oppa was trying to help him out and got blame for it”

 

Woohyun caught the flying gossips as he was sitting alone in the cafeteria that afternoon. He has been hearing things about he’s being the cause and those hateful gazes toward him these two days.

 

“Look look, ain’t Woohyunnie is a bit lonely here”

 

His eyes roll up at the voice and saw Junsu in front of him with one leg on the bench. He doesn’t have to guess to know that trouble is coming in his way.

 

Junsu claps gaining everyone’s attention and the noises quiet down. All eyes are directing to his table.

 

“Doesn’t everyone want to know what happen to our famous president, Kim Sunggyu?” Junsu announced loudly as he walked around the table to stand behind Woohyun.

 

“This guy over here probably can give us some light. Right Woohyunnie?” Junsu snickered as he forcefully pulled Woohyun to stand up.

 

Woohyun knows better that silence is the best reaction for such situation.

 

“SPEAK UP!” Junsu threw the boy on the ground as he received no response.

 

“Oh, You are mute now or what?”

 

“Won’t you tell everyone that the famous Kim Sunggyu is your so called Lover?” Junsu’s lip curves into a smirk as he yelled the last sentence.

 

Gasps and whispers can be heard all over the hall.

 

Junsu raises his hand mid-air as his accomplish handed him the cotton milk.

 

He opened it and poured it over Woohyun’s head.

 

“Now you look better, pretty boy. Do you look like this after you blow Kim Sunggyu off too?” Junsu laughed as he throws the empty cotton milk aside and the crowd are noisy again, throwing angry and disgust remarks.

 

Woohyun bite his lip, feeling the wetness forming in his eyes.

 

Damn tears! Don’t you dare falling.

 

“Are you gonna cry now? Aww, will someone help this guy?” the male continues to mock, and their group laughs at him altogether.

 

Junsu yanks the boy’s collar and whisper into his ear “No one is helping you, Woohyunnie… beside your lover who is laying in the hospital bed now”

 

He let go of Woohyun’s collar harshly, throwing him back to the ground before walking off with a satisfied smirk on his face. The rest of his gang follows behind him with the same look.

 

Woohyun struggles to get up before he feels the something hits his cheek. It was rice mixed with vegetable. He looks over to the side and saw a girl, with look that could kill anyone, holding an empty blue container in her hand.

 

More food coming in his way, hitting every spots of his body. The tears that he has been holding makes it way down as the attacks are coming from every direction. He raises his palm, trying to protect his face from the attack.

 

Stop please…

 

Someone please…

 

Save me…

 

Just please…

 

“YAH!”

 

“WHAT THE ARE YOU ALL DOING?”

 

He saw Sungyeol and Dongwoo walking in through his blurry vision.

 

Sungyeol ahh…

 

Dongwoo ahh…

 

Help me…

 

He wants to shout but he can only do that in his mind like he cannot find his voice at all.

 

Dongwoo wraps hands over his shoulder pulling into hug while Sungyeol is giving everyone disapproval glare.

 

They help Woohyun up and send the poor boy to his home thank to Dongwoo who still remembers the way as the former does not manage to voice out anything at all.

 

----

 

When Woohyun opens his eyes again, he finds himself in the familiar room. His own room.

 

He groaned at the pain, trying to sit up against the headboard. His eyes catches the clock on the desk

 

6:02PM

 

He has to see Sunggyu this evening. Myungsoo probably can only create this one window. With the thought, he uncovers his blanket and moves his feet off the bed.

 

“Where do you think you are going?”

 

He looks up and sees Dongwoo at the door.

 

“I have to go and see Sunggyu” he replied, stumbling toward his closet.

 

Dongwoo sighs as he goes to help Woohyun.

 

What a stubborn couple.

 

They have arrived at the hospital at 6:57PM, almost the time that Myungsoo told him to come in, 7PM.

 

Myungsoo is standing in front of the hospital and gasps once he saw Woohyun’s face.

 

“What happ-“ he closes his mouth after catching Dongwoo’s signal.

 

“Let’s get inside”

 

Woohyun does not know what Myungsoo did but the nurse who is in charge does not question their identities at all. So, they went in without any interruption. Myungsoo and Dongwoo said they will be outside, just in case their mom would appear then they can be her distraction.

 

The boy thanks them for the effort before stepping inside the room. He lightly closes the door as he notices the patient is sleeping.

 

He walks closer to the bed and his lip curves up as Sunggyu looks better now. He no longer has the pale lip and his face looks brighter. Woohyun cannot help but admiring the angelic look on the patient’s sleeping face.

 

He sighs as he recalled the words from this afternoon. He feels like he has brought troubles to the president. Not only he is sleeping in the hospital but his status in school is also being provoked. Maybe Sunggyu’s mom was right that he could only cause trouble for the guy.

 

Everything about them should be the past only.

 

“Woohyun ah… Woohyun ah…” the patient murmurs as he is stirring in his sleep.

 

Woohyun reaches for the guy’s hand, hoping to calm him down only to let go when the guy’s eyes crack open.

 

“Woohyun ah… You came”

 

The said guy just gives a small smile and light nods as a response.

 

“I’m sorry for my mom” Sunggyu said with apologetic eyes.

 

Woohyun shakes his head, assuring that he’s fine with it and that he does not want to talk about it.

 

“How’s your feeling?” He asked lightly, trying to change the topic.

 

“A bit better” The patient answers and moves his body to side so he can face the younger.

 

“Good to know.”

 

The silence engulfs. Sunggyu yawns a litter and blanks repeating, probably trying to stay awake.

 

“I’m sorry” Woohyun said, breaking the silence.

 

“umm?”

 

“you know… Junsu… you in this bed right now”

 

Sunggyu gives him a warm smile. “It’s nothing. I was just relief to see you are okay”

 

“You don’t have to be like this” Woohyun lowly said as he looks down, avoiding the sight that makes his heart beats so fast.

 

We are nothing you know…

 

“Woohyun”

 

The said guy looks up.

 

“Can you come closer?”

 

Complied with the words, Woohyun moves closer to the bed. Once he is close enough, Sunggyu reaches for his hand.

 

“I’m tired but I still want to talk to you” Sunggyu squeezed his hand a little then lightly patting the back of his hand.

 

“Don’t leave” the guy mumbled as the fatigue takes over his eyes and body.

 

So Woohyun stays and not knowing when he falls asleep; holding Sunggyu’s hand.

 

 

--------

 

 

 

I finally get to update lolz Sorry that it takes so long and I havn't be able review it carefully so excuse me please. 

 

Thank you ^^

 

Btw, I'm living in constant fear of Woohyun enlistment news T_T