Perhaps a chance again

Begin Again

Sunggyu wakes up to a ray of sunlight hitting his face. He raises one hand to block the source of the bright light and struggles to open his tired eyes.

“Omma?” he murmured out as he saw the familiar silhouette of a lady, standing beside the curtain, who perhaps just opened them too.

“Umm. You are awake?” he heard his mom’s voice replied back.

He groans a little at the pain jap at his side and shoulder when he let his hand fall back to his side. As he tiles his head to the side, his eyes catch the chair beside the bed and the event from last night flows to his brain.

Woohyun was here last night.

I wasn’t dreaming…

The dark hair boy’s smile is still vivid in his mind. He then alerts at the realization. If the boy was here last night, where would he be? Did his mom curse Woohyun out again or what? The worry fills up his mind as he carefully looks at his mom to find any sign of disturbance or bad impression.

He is a bit relief when he found none but then he catches some glint of serious talk from her eyes.

She clears a bit and Sunggyu knows he needs to brace of whatever lecture that will be arriving.

“I want you to move back in” She started and Sunggyu’s forehead furrows immediately at the statement. Here comes this old conversation again, but at least it’s not about Woohyun.

“Mom, we have talked about this” Sunggyu closed his eyes, not wanting to face his mom.

“I know. But look at you now; laying in the hospital without me knowing” the lady crossed her arm staring with a hint of concern at her son.

“You know and that’s why you are here” Myungsoo, who is sitting on the couch, mumbled under his breath. It did not go beyond their mom’s ears as she’s glaring in his way.

“I’m just saying the truth” the boy groaned annoyingly before going back to texting on his phone.

“Mom, really… I’m fine” Sunggyu tried again, hoping his mom would abandon the idea. There is no way he would move back in. Don’t get him wrong, he loves his mom but staying under one roof, they tends to argue nonstop.

“I already plan to go to School on Monday” he added, earning a terrified look from his mom.

“You are not going to school that fast” she gasped, almost yelling.

“I am, mom. I cannot afford to miss more classes” Sunggyu rigidly said, hoping to sound strong enough for his mom to let go of the conversation.

The lady stays silent for a moment before letting her arm falls to her side with a deep sigh and Sunggyu is celebrating in his mind knowing his mom is giving up already.

“Alright alright… I can never get you to do anything, can’t I?”

Sunggyu lowered his eyes, trying not to show his excitement at his mom’s disappointment.

“Look, I will let you boy stays out this time, but you are going to do me one thing.” his mom said after a brief silence and Sunggyu does not like the sound of this sentence at all neither his brother as the latter is looking distaste at their mother.

“You two will be attending an event with me next month” she said with a determine look on her face.

“WHAT?” the two boys yelled out at the same time.

“No exception if you want to stay out” his mom grabbed her purse and walked out of the door, leaving the boys looking helpless at each other.

They groan simultaneously, imagining the boring event that full of those judging rich people.

---

Coming back to school is a pain for a patient who haven’t been fully recovered yet; however, Sunggyu determines to come after he has heard of flying rumors in school about him and Woohyun. He remembered his blood boiled when he saw the video of Woohyun having food thrown at him in the cafeteria.

That freaking bastard Junsu really went overboard!

But First thing first, he has to deal with the principal.

He knocks on the door before pushing it open after a faint positive response from the inside.

He wasn’t expected scene inside. There, Junsu and his parent is sitting on the couch with the principal is sitting on the side sofa.

Nothing’s good is coming out of this. Sunggyu thought as the principal gestures for him to wait in the chair at another corner of the room.

“Junsu, it has been an honor to have you as one of our students, but I am sure that the school abroad hold a brighter future for you” the principal said softly with a smile.

Junsu grimaces at the principal’s remarks and their parent looks somehow between angry and disappointment before pulling plastic smiles on their faces.

“Thank you, Mr. Kang. We will take our leave now. See you in the next board meeting” They said as they get up with a slight nod, pulling their son with them.

Junsu gives Sunggyu a glare and the latter keep a straight face until they finally exit the room.

“Hey, Sunggyu. How are you doing?” The principal asked as he stood up from the couch and walks to his worktable.

“I’m good. I got discharged from the hospital yesterday.” Sunggyu answered with a smile while moving to the chair in front of the workable.

“Good to hear. Because I’m about to tell the not-so-good news to you” the old man sighed as he adjusted his glasses. Sunggyu knows well of what about to come. He already talked to Dongwoo previously.

“I will put your status as the president of the student council on hold temporary.” the man continued, looking directly at him; probably trying to see his reaction. When he seems to show no surprise, the man knows this boy has already prepared for this.

“I hope you understand why I am doing this”

“Yes, sir.” The boy replied. “It’d serve as a warning that violence is not allowed even outside the school campus”

“Good that you understood. We decided that you will resume the role again after the winter break”

“Thank you, Sir” Sunggyu bowed slightly as a polite gesture.

He is about to get up and leave the room as the principal is already focusing on the document in his hand, but his curiosity is getting the best of him.

“Sir, I have a question…” he started but before he could finish, the man finished his sentences while having his eyes fixed on the documents.

“About Junsu?”

“Yes, sir”

“I sent his parent the video of him bullying the new student. That one went viral”

Video of Woohyun? the thought popped up in his mind.

“I guess this time they decided they had enough of their boy this time and move him abroad for good.”

“What about the funding?”

“Of course. It’d be affected, Sunggyu.” “But I will deal with it next year”

“We have been having a hard time dealing with him too so his leaving would save a lot of our time to focus on something else”

“I see.”

“Alright, I think that’s all for your case. Dongwoo will be in charge temporary and you may help him with that”

He slightly nods before bowing in 90 degree to excuse himself out of the room.

He let out a breath he isn’t aware he was holding while talking to the old man. He walks down the corridor with only one thought occupied his mind, Nam Woohyun.

But it seems luck isn’t on his side because It is already the last period of the school and Sunggyu could not find the dark hair boy anywhere. His phone is still off, and the boys have no idea where he is. Worse was he did not appear at the cafeteria at all.

Sunggyu already made up his mind to skip the last class and go to find Woohyun at his house. But he stops by the practice room as he heard a melody coming out of the room. It’s a kind of melody that brings pain to your chest when you hear it.

He peeks into the room and found a familiar figure sitting in front of the black and white keyboard and his fingers are moving across the keys, producing the sad melody.

A smile finds its way to his face as he let himself in the room quietly not to attract the attention of the other.

Why does this have to be so sad, Woohyun ah…

He thought as he is standing there, just listening to the music until it comes to a smooth ending. Sunggyu softly claps and the piano player turns his head to find the source of the sound.

“It’s beautiful but why does it sound so sad?” He asked while walking closer to the other.

The boy’s expression remains dull and unreadable to Sunggyu. Something the latter wasn’t expecting. Instead of giving a response, the boy turns back to the black and white keyboard.

Sunggyu stops to stand behind the boy, who has his fingers on the board again. The former considered that’s a good sign as Woohyun is showing no intention of running away.

But he may have his hope up too quick as the boy suddenly stands up and grabs his bag without a word, obviously preparing to leave the room.

Instinctively, Sunggyu reaches out to grab the other’s forearm, unexpectedly earning a yelp in pain from the owner. His eyes widen in shock at the sound.

“Woohyun ah, are you hurt?” Sunggyu immediately asked while looking at the boy in concern, still holding on his forearm.

“It’s nothing…” Woohyun murmured weakly, glancing down at the floor, avoiding the concern eyes.

“It’s not nothing. Is it from the incident with Junsu?” The older continued as his mind is being alerted of the reason why the boy is hurt.

Woohyun is silent by the question and Sunggyu knows too well that this is a yes.

“Come on, Woohyun! It must be bad.”

“Let’s go to the infirmary so I can find something to apply on it” Sunggyu said, leaving no time for the other to response as he is already pulling the boy by his wrist of the other hand.

Woohyun mentally sighs as he looks at the hand that is pulling his wrist and then glance up to its owner who is walking ahead of him. That weird bubbling feeling inside his chest is growing again. But he knows better to calm it down. After all what happened, he decided it’s better to stay as friend between them.

Sunggyu is the rich boy with a reputation to uphold. How could someone from that kind of status be paired with him.

The other’s mom did the right thing back then to break them apart.

He is sure nothing would come out of their relationship back then either…

He would only bring Sunggyu damages with his foolish behavior and background…

Look at what that have just happened… He heard that Sunggyu is officially announced to be put off from the school president council.

He could not make out what could be good for both of them if they were to start whatever again. Nonetheless, the thought tightens his chest because he has lost the internal battle inside him and admitted that he has fallen for Sunggyu again.

Stupid heart with its Stupid emotion!

Woohyun is lost in his thought when they arrived at the infirmary. It is not locked but no one is inside in either when they step in the room.

Sunggyu clicks his tongue in annoyance as he realizes the school nurse must have left early and not bother to lock up the room again. He does not remember how many he and Sungyeol has to lock up this room for her.

“Sit down there. I’ll find the medicine.” He pointed at the white bed next to the wall in the room before turning to the glasses box up the wall, looking for inflammation gel.

With too many thoughts in his head, Woohyun is too tired to not cooperate and just follow the order obediently. A small sad smile forms on his lip as he stares at the back of the caramel head.

“Found it!” Sunggyu exclaimed with a small smile before turning around and walk over to the boy who is sitting on the bed.

Sunggyu naturally reaches out to the other’s shirt it without much thought as he eagers to look at the bruise without realizing the situation until he catches Woohyun’s red cheeks.

He quickly retraces his hand and clears his throat before mumbles an undertone sorry.

Probably for the best, Woohyun does not voice out anything and proceed to his own shirt and shrugs it off his shoulder all while biting his lip to contain himself from in pain from the movement.

Sunggyu tries his hardest not to stare at the exposed body and the face that the other is making. Damn does it stir his inside by a lot.

Woohyun slowly turns to side and Sunggyu gasped at the sight of the purple bruise on the boy’s skin that comes to his view. It’s somewhat red and purple and still swollen.

He squeezes the tube and apply the balm on the bruise area, earning a hiss in pain from the other.

“It looks like you haven’t been applying any med on it, have you?”

Woohyun does not answer as it is a fact that he has left the bruise unattended since he cannot reach the place, so it was hard to apply any medicine and he didn’t want his mom to know that he involved in fight at school. He cannot imagine his mom’s disappointment if she heard that her boy is fighting instead of studying at school where her hard earn cash has been going to.

Sunggyu massages the bruise a little to make the clutched blood dissolve. Maybe a little too hard because he heard a in breath from the other

“Sorry, Woohyun ah… bare it a little” Sunggyu cooed as he continued to apply a little pressure on the bruise.

However, maybe it is too painful as Woohyun flexes out of the touch and suddenly turns to him. It feels time is stopped as their faces come to a close distance. Their eyes catch each other, and it is so silence that they can hear their own breathing sound.

Sunggyu knows that he should back away but he catches the pair of the dark orbs looking directly at him and everything feels so nostalgic out of sudden. He could almost see the shy boy who was timidly expecting his kiss back then.

That same eyes…

Out of impulse, he leans in letting his lip touches the other’s, closing his eyes in the process. It touches the soft plump lip for a while before he decided to move his lip a little to get a deeper access only to end up meeting with the air instead.

He opens his eyes to find Woohyun has lean backward a bit, evading the kiss.

“Sorry… It’s just… I don’t feel comfortable” The dark hair boy stuttered out, looking down at his own fingers.

Sunggyu curses himself for letting the situation happened and now he just made everything becomes awkward between them.

“I understand. I’m sorry.” Sunggyu said, standing straight again while awkwardly rubbing his nape.

The silence engulfs them as Woohyun quickly put on his shirt and buttons it.

“Umm do you want to grab a quick dinner this evening?” Sunggyu asked, trying to break the almost unbearable silent.

“I have dinner at home” the boy replied, not looking at him directly.

“Oh…” Sunggyu uttered in disappointment.

“At least let me send you home.” He added, trying his luck for the second time.

After a brief silent, the boy hesitantly gives him a small nod.

Sunggyu mentally applause himself. Perhaps there is a chance again between them after all.

-----

 

 

So I finally updated after like forever >< I know. It's been a struggling for me to finish a chapter these days. I really appreciate your patience and for not unsubscribing already T_T Thank you so much!

 

The story has not been progressing in a pace that I intended to but it's just so many things I want to put here so haha bare with me.

Thank you again. 

Until next time ;)