Leaving Me Again 네가 다시 떠나가

Begin Again

Getting off the bus is difficult for Woohyun since the person he has to drag along no longer has the conscience to walk independently anymore. With Sunggyu’s arm over his shoulder, he manages to drag the guy to the apartment complex, written on the his phone earlier.

Woohyun was expecting their destination to be a house since he thought Sunggyu is living with his family here. Instead, it turns out to be but an apartment complex that is not too far away from school.

They arrive in front the apartment unit that Woohyun supposed it's Sunggyu's or else he will be in a big trouble. 

“Yah! What is your password?” Woohyun nudged the guy on his side, getting a little impatient as he is running out of energy and the weather outside is also getting colder.

“0…” Sunggyu murmured, barely reached Woohyun’s ear.

“0 what?”

“0…9”

“06?” Woohyun questioned surprisingly as the number is a familiar combination. Not having any answers from the guy, he decides to just type the code in.

Tot Tot…

The door is unlocked. The code is correct, stunning Woohyun for a moment. 

Why in the world he still uses this for the password...

It was their anniversary date. Woohyun remembers it clearly as they used it for whatever password required, whether it is the school locket or their online accounts. The fact that Sunggyu’s apartment password is this number stirs a thing inside him.

You are confusing me, Sunggyu yah. Woohyun thought as he’s leading both of them into the house.

He finds the place quite big for a guy alone but maybe also because there are not many stuffs in the space. There is only one sofa and a small table in the middle of the living room with no other cushions.

He proceeds to move the drunk guy in, who is mumbling about something that Woohyun does not it catch neither care for now.

After laying Sunggyu down on the sofa, Woohyun stretches his body a bit to gain the composure back. It's almost accurate to say his energy is at 0.01% right now. 

He eyes the sleeping figure and let out a sigh as he noticed the sight of blood sipping out from the guy’s busted lip.

Such a troublesome. With the thought, he takes his coat off before doing the same to Sunggyu.

In his mind, he finds the situation is getting ridiculous. How the hell does he end up taking care of his ex now? Like from not talking to each other to coming to his home and literally undressing him.  

He sighs one more time. The reflection can come later, now he has to finish this fast and go home.

He walks to the house’s entrance and hangs their coats before going to bathroom to look for the first aid kit.

After gathering what he needs, he returns to the living room and sits down beside the caramel head guy, whose eyes are still closed.

Look like the alcohol and the impact of the fight knocks him off well.

Woohyun thanks that fact because he surely does not want Sunggyu to know he’s doing all of these.

His thankful thought turns into dread shortly when the sleeping guy filched at the contact of the soft cotton he uses to treat the wound and opens his eyes slightly.

“Woohyunnie?”

That nickname…

“Umm” Woohyun hummed as response, trying his best to maintain his neutral expression when his inside is having this turbulent feeling that makes him just wants to be disappeared right away. He reaches out to continue treating the bruises. Since he already starts doing it, might as well finish it.

Sunggyu whines in pain after a few touches and reflectively backed away.

“Stay still” Said the dark hair guy who is trying to put the bandage on the bruises.

“Ahh ahh No No… It’s hurt!” Sunggyu protested and tries to wriggle away further.

“Stay still, Kim Sunggyu, I don’t have all night here.” Woohyun raised his voice after failing to reach Sunggyu’s bruise for the third times.

Hesitantly, the latter lets down his defense. “Okay, but be soft”

Woohyun narrows his eyes at him and continue to apply the medicine.

“You can’t fight, you know.” The younger murmured as he finished and put things back in the box.

“He goes overboard. I’m his hyung for the god’s sake” Sunggyu exclaimed while lightly rubbing the bandage that was just placed.

“You don’t act like one” Woohyun commented, earning an adorable disappointed pout from Sunggyu. 

How cute! 

Gosh! Nam Woohyun, control yourself!

Woohyun almost smiles at the expression but chooses against it. He clears his throat. “Since you are awake now, I should go home”

He then stands up with the first aid box in hand, ready to go and put it back.

“Can you just stay?” Sunggyu instantly reaches out for his free hand and looks up with the pleading eyes.

The silence comes after Sunggyu’s last words. Woohyun’s brain is registering the situation and contemplate of what he should do. It's just so conflicted.

There is this sudden temptation to stay beside he knows the fact well that it’s something he shouldn’t do.

It’s definitely not something that an ex-boyfriend would do.

But at the same time he cannot ignore the desperate feeling from the tight grip on his hand. Sunggyu is practically begging him to stay.

And that shiny pleading small eyes doesn’t help either…

Woohyun knows he’s going to regret it when he let the phrase slips from his mouth.

“Okay. I'm tired too”

He swears he could see the pleading eye instantly beamed with light with his affirmative answer.

What am I going to do with this guy…

He sits back down beside Sunggyu, hand is still in the latter’s grip.

“Where do I sleep?”

“My bed” Sunggyu answered with a bright smile, prompting Woohyun to peer at him in disbelief.

He must be still drunk. Staying a night is already something and now sharing a bed??

“Are you serious?”

“Eh? I’m not letting you sleep on the sofa. It’s too cold here” Sunggyu replied nonchalantly along with a nod.

Woohyun can see that Sunggyu is getting a little childish; surely from the alcohol affect. He wants to facepalm himself so bad for agreeing to stay.

“Is there no other place beside your bed?”

“Come on, the bed is good enough for two” the houseowner insisted.

“You can see it for yourself” he added.

Woohyun sighs glancing at the guy before standing up and walks to the room.

As he opens the door, revealing a medium size room with a double bed size covered with a light blue sheet; one drawer at the side of the bed and a closet at the corner of the room. It’s the truth that the bed is big enough for two but the fact that they are sharing the bed does not sound anywhere near good to him.

Though, just like the living room, there aren’t many furniture. So the room has a lot of space and it may fit a bedding on the floor.

That’s probably much better than the bed with a Kim Sunggyu on it. For now.

Woohyun thought before turning to the house owner, who is still sitting or rather nodding off on the sofa.

“I could take the floor. Just give me a blanket”

With half eyes opened, Sunggyu replied “But it’s hard and the sofa is cold...”

Woohyun gives him a look. The one that Sunggyu can take it as I’m going to leave if you give me another reason.

“Okay, the floor is fine. But I will sleep on the floor and you will take my bed” Sunggyu surrendered.

“Are you sure? Your back is not good”

The caramel head gives him a sly smile. “So you remember…”

Woohyun clears his throat once again, trying to ignore the statement “It’s fine. I can take the floor.”

“And can I get some clothes, I’m going to take warm shower”.

Sunggyu nods. “In my closet there.”

Woohyun does not waste any more time and approach the closet that he noticed just now. He desperately needs a warm shower to finish the day.

When he comes out of the bathroom, Sunggyu is already on the bed snoring a little. Woohyun narrows his eyes at the sight. I thought he is drunk. How does he get here?

Nonetheless, he is glad that the older guy can find way to the bed so there isn’t a need to drag him here.

He takes the blanket and lay it down on the floor for his bedding tonight. He looks at the guy again before turning off the light with a thin smile. This weird feeling inside him is growing each minutes he sees Sunggyu face.

With the light is off, the moonlight shines through the window, making it bright enough for Woohyun to see the sleeping guy’s face on the bed.

He quietly makes his way to the bed side, observing the guy closely. Sunggyu looks so peaceful when he’s asleep. Woohyun wants to touch the guy’s face so bad but decides it’s not a good idea if Sunggyu wakes up and catches the act. His hand eventually settles on the caramel hair, slowly and gently patting it.

Maybe I like him a little too much… He thought as he take a deep breath. 

“What should I do with you really, Sunggyu yah?” Woohyun whispered into the silence.

It takes a while before he decides it’s enough of staring and he should settle for the night. Just as he turns around, a voice startled the life out of him.

“Woohyun ah”

Goddammit! I thought he’s asleep already!

He gulps nervously as if he is caught committing a crime. Before he could response anything, he feels a pair of hand wrapping around his waist pulling him into a back hug.

“I’m sorry Woohyun ah”

Woohyun is too shock to react so he just stays still as Sunggyu hugs him tighter.

“I’m sorry… really sorry” 

“Sorry for breaking up with you”

The sentence makes Woohyun’s body rigid.

“Sorry for those harsh words”

“Sorry for leaving you alone”

“Sorry for… Everything

Woohyun is dumbfounded by the sudden apologies that he finds no words to let out.

“I’m sorry, Woohyun ah. I never get to say it properly.” Sunggyu lets go of the embrace and turns the guy in his arm around to face him.

“What I said in the club… was real. It was all because I was young and dumb. I left you because my mom told me to do so. It was never because of you. I liked you a lot back then”

“and I still do now” Sunggyu said the last sentence with a thin smile while looking into the other’s eye.

Woohyun blinks at the sincere eyes looking at him before glancing down finding words to response but he finds none.

 

He does not know what to response. Here his ex, who told him they were not meant anything years ago, telling him he still likes him.

 

The room is filled with silence; only the sound of their breath is present.

 

“Why are you doing this to me?” Woohyun broke the silence. The sentence sounds confuse to Sunggyu until he sees the wetness in the former’s eyes when he looks up at him.

 

“Woohyun…”

 

“I want to forget you… I hate you” Woohyun raised his voice a little as the first drop of his tear rolls down his cheek.

 

“I hate you… sob… for leaving me”

 

“When you left, I waited… Sob…for you every day.”

 

“Why… sob…Why are you doing this to me now!”

 

“Though when we broke up and you ignored me, I still… stupidly wished you would… call or text someday… Sob… But nothing ever comes...” Woohyun gulped the lump in his throat between the sentences, feeling as if the small knife is cutting through his heart, remembers those moments.

 

“I asked myself everyday what went wrong? What did I do wrong? Was I being too clingy? Was I not attractive enough?”

 

Woohyun’s words snaps through Sunggyu’s chest. It pains him to know how much Woohyun had to go through because of his childish acts.

“Then you stopped coming to school and I heard you had moved” Woohyun continued, looking down once again not wanting to see the face that remains him so much of the memories.

“I even went to your house to see if it’s truth and….yes you were not there anymore”

“It’s hard to accept the fact that I would not be seeing you again. I tried hard to move on. It was two difficult years”

“Everything is in the past, I thought I had buried it until…I saw you on the first day here” he added, trying to blink his tears away before looking at the guy in front of him whose face now troubled with guilt.

“I hardly believe it was you”

“But it’s you…”

“Why…” Woohyun half shouted, all the upset feeling and the pain is too much to contain.

 

No longer can bare the sight, Sunggyu pulls the guy into another tight hug, comforting him but he knows he had opened the old wound, the one that he caused.

 

I’m sorry Woohyun ah…

 

He doesn’t say it out because it knows that saying sorry isn’t enough to make it up for the guy.

“I’ll do better.” He softly said, wanting to assure the guy that he’s here to take all the responsibilities from now on.

Without much thought, Woohyun just let everything go and lead in Sunggyu’s warmth chest and cries his heart out. Probably he has always wanted Sunggyu to know how much those moments hurts him. Probably that’s why he cannot control this emotion and just let everything out. Probably that’s why he feels it’s okay to be in Sunggyu’s embrace for tonight.

 

----

 

Sunggyu doesn’t know when he or they fell asleep, the last thing he remembered was soothing Woohyun into sleep on his bed. He opens his eye and quickly noticed the missing weight on his arm. There is no one beside him in the bed. He promptly sits up on his elbow looking around the room.

 

Woohyunnie?

 

He rushes into the bathroom then the living room in case the guy is there but then he notices the coat is missing from the hanger.

Woohyun has left.

He runs back into his room and grabs the phone to call the guy but line goes unanswered.

He tries few more times before leaving a text.

Woohyun ah, where are you?

He waits and waits but the reply does not come. 

Sunggyu slops against his bedside, folding his knee to his chest. He never feels this weak and scare in his life.

When he thought they will be talking thing out today and getting better, this happened instead.

Woohyun, please. He begs in his mind as he looks at the phone screen.

But miracle doesn’t happen. It was gone into a voicemail as previous call.

Woohyun is leaving him again.

 

---

 

“So you are saying that I get hit for nothing?”

It’s Tuesday evening and they are hanging out in the practice room and Hoya is ing at him after he told them that Woohyun is avoiding him again after all the stage that they put up to give him time to talk to the guy.

“Yeah… I don’t know, he is avoiding me now”

After that morning, he cannot find Woohyun in their class neither the café shop and leave alone the practice room. The guy didn’t show up at all.

Hoya covers his face in frustration. After suffering from the swollen face, now his hyung is not progressing anywhere.

“Hyung, I let you hit me for one sole purpose” Hoya lifts his index finger. 

“I did apologize to him though” Sunggyu spoke with a low tone.

“What…” Hoya is about to ask for further details when the door cracked open, revealing the familiar faces. The troubled one.

“Yah Kim Sunggyu!” The guy who is standing at the door frame shouted. His other friends standing behind outside the room

Sunggyu immediately stands up and replaces his sad face with a poker one; after all dealing with these kids, he cannot show his weak side.

“What do you want, Jiwon?” He said firmly.

The guy smirks at him before reaching into his pocket for a paper and throws it at the floor.

“Junsu said to send words”

Sunggyu totally has the bad feeling about the paper on the floor. He picked it up and uncrumple it to see the inside.

NWH ㄴㅇㅎ

His fear is turning into reality. It clearly said Woohyun’s name. He was too depressed lately to keep the eye on that Junsu guy.

“I guess you know what it means. Junsu said to meet him behind Angel Club tonight at 11PM” the guy said while giving him another smirk.

“What did you do to Woohyun?!” Sunggyu said through his gritted teeth.

“Eww, chill Mr. President; you will know when you come but if you don’t then we don’t know too” He finished with a laugh. “You know the rule, don’t bring anyone! Let’s go, guys” Jiwon said before leaving the scene along with their group.

Sunggyu shuts his eyes trying to comprehend the situation while Hoya is looking at him in concern.

This is bad.

He pulls his phone to call Woohyun but again it only ends in voicemail.

Woohyunnie…

----

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank for your wait, guys! Excuse me for taking too long to update haha

I had to go to one of the Infinite 8th anniversary video to get when Sunggyu said "I'm sorry Woohyun ah" to get the inspiration lol

I'm very grateful for the subscribes and comments! It gives me the motivation everydays! Thank you! 

Till next update ;)