Who Again? Part I (당신은 누가야 I)

Begin Again

Kim Sunggyu, you are not leaving me, not after everything.

 

His wet palms clutch together firmly as he prays constantly in his mind. The pain in his shoulder does not leave him but it’s nothing compare to the fear he’s feeling right now.

 

Myungsoo is walking back and forth in front of him, unable to stay still looking obviously worried.

 

Woohyun hardly remembers how they make it to the hospital. He remembers tearing his clothes trying desperately to cover the spilling blood coming out from Sunggyu’s wound. Everything appeared blurry as he saw through his tears. He remembers not knowing what to do as the blood is sipping out of the teared clothes.

 

It was terrifying.

 

He doesn’t realize his body is shaking at the thought until he feels a hand wrap over his shoulder, trying to comfort his trembling body. He turns to see Sungyeol offers him a dry smile as the latter is patting his shoulder lightly.

 

Woohyun presses his lip together before letting out a sigh. The sign flashing “Emergency Room” in front of them continues to glow after what seems to be the longest time in Woohyun’s life.

 

It feels like it’s been long since Sunggyu was sent in there on the stretcher.

 

“How’s Hoya and Dongwoo hyung?” Myungsoo asked as he decided to sit down next to Sungyeol.

 

“They are okay. Just you know… they have some bruises here and there over their bodies. The nurse advises them to rest for now”

 

As Sungyeol finished his sentence, Woohyun shuts his eyes, feeling the guilt washes over him. If only he wasn’t so stupid to let Junsu have his phone, then none of these would have had happened.

 

The emergency room sign’s light has gone off, prompting everyone to stand up as they have been anticipating the moment.

 

The doctor walks out of the room and Woohyun can feel his heart is thumping again his chest.

 

“Are you Kim Sunggyu’s relative?” the doctor asked while looking at a file in his hand.

 

“Yes, I’m his brother” Myungsoo raised his hand.

 

“He has gotten many hits on his head and body. We are able to close the wound and stop the bleeding, but with the impact, we will have to do another scan for internal bleeding”

 

Each word of the doctor increases Woohyun’s level of anxiety.

 

“And he has lost a lot of blood so we will need blood for him” the doctor added.

 

“He’s a type A. I’m a type A too” Sungyeol immediately offered himself.

 

“Right. His blood type is A. I’m his brother and got the O type” Myungsoo joined in.

 

“Alright. Can you two follow the nurse then? She will test the patient’s blood sample and take your blood” Doctor gestured to the nurse that has been standing beside him.

 

“Take care of Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun.” Sungyeol taps Woohyun’s shoulder as he followed Myungsoo and the nurse down the hallway.

 

Woohyun can only stare, never feels so this helpless. He wants to be some help but even his blood type doesn’t match Sunggyu’s.

 

“You can visit the patient now but please always keep quiet” The doctor said before slightly excusing himself. The boy gives a light bow in return.

 

Take care? Sungyeol’s words ring in his head as he stares at the door in front of him.

 

What can I do here? I barely can do anything to help… while I am the one who is causing all the troubles.

 

Taking a deep sigh, Woohyun pushes the door of the emergency room.

 

He bits his trembling lip as he’s approaching the bed where Sunggyu is laying with bandage covering his head and body. Woohyun closes his eyes as tears uncontrollably roll down. He begins to sob as he can no longer hold the feeling inside. He’s not sure if it’s the guilt or the sadness but there is so much pain inside his left chest.

 

---

 

Brrrrrhhhhhh

 

Myungsoo reaches for his phone using his free hand as the other is busy pumping to let the blood flow in the bag.

 

“Oh Omma”

 

“YAH! MYUNGSOO AH! WHERE ARE YOU!”

 

Myungsoo has to pull the phone away from his ear to avoid the excessive sound from the phone’s speaker.

 

“Your brother is admitted to the hospital!”

 

“Ye-

 

“AND YOU DON’T TELL ME!”

 

“Om

 

“I will be on a flight there right now!”

 

The line is disconnected before he can response anything. Myungsoo stares at the phone with a sigh as he closes his eyes. He wonders why she called just to yell and hang up. Guess she will never improve her temper and the overreaction.

 

Sungyeol gives him a concern look.

 

“Everything is okay?”

 

“Just mom. She may arrive here tomorrow”

 

“It’s not a good thing?” Sungyeol raised his brow. Indeed, Sungyeol has never had a full picture of Myungsoo’s mom. He heard a few things or so from the former, but he does not know how she is really like as they never meet before. The one thing he knows for sure is the lady seems to be possessive over Sunggyu.

 

Myungsoo presses his lips together into a thin line, sending a worried look.

 

“I’m more worried about Woohyun hyung”

 

---

 

When the nurse comes with the blood transfusion bag in their tray, Woohyun is able to calm his sobs and sits aside to have the nurse done their job.

 

He does not see Myungsoo or Sungyeol come in after the nurse. Maybe they need a rest as they just had blood taken from them.

 

His eyes wander to his wristwatch that said 2:37AM. Tiredness is chipping in his body, not to mention the hit he has taken from the fight adding up to it. He rubs his eyes hoping to keep them up until the nurse finish their job.

 

He doesn’t know when he closes his eyes but the next time, he opens it, the nurse is looking directly at him.

 

“Sir, are you awake now?” she asked softly.

 

Woohyun rubs his eyes trying to pull his sense together.

 

“We have done the blood transfusion for the patient. It will be done by tomorrow morning.” The nurse explains as they are putting away their stuffs into the tray.

 

“Please let us know when the blood bag is almost empty by pressing the notification button or if you noticed anything out of order” one of the nurses shows him a red button nearby the bed.

 

Woohyun nods at the information, though, he is only half-awake now.

 

“We will be leaving now.” The nurses smile as they push the tray toward the door.

 

“Thank you” Woohyun slightly bows with a small smile as they are leaving.

 

He turns around, facing the patient bed. Sunggyu’s lip looks so pale so as his face. There are cuts all over his face. While some are covered in bandages, some are too small, so it was only cleaned and not covered.

 

Woohyun reaches to caress Sunggyu’s cheek. It’s so warm and soft despite the cuts. He sighs as his thumb crosses over one of the small cuts. The back of his mind keeps screaming that he was the one who put them there.

 

I’m so sorry, Sunggyu yah.

 

---

 

“Woohyun ah”

 

The boy hums as a reply still closing his eyes.

 

“Why do you love me?”

 

The question sent a frown on the boy face.

 

“eh, what kind of question is that?”

 

“Answer me” the other boy insisted.

 

Woohyun shrugged.

 

“I don’t know, it’s just you keep appearing before my eyes whenever I close it.” He turned to give the older a grin as he answered.

 

“Lame. How could you love someone just like that?” Sunggyu shyly laughed; his eyes form into a thin line. The sight always made Woohyun heart felt so content every time. Probably that’s one of the reasons why he falls in love with the guy. He lifted their intertwined hand up, admiring how it looks so perfectly fit together.

 

But in a swift, he saw the other hand starts fading.

 

Horrified, he quickly turned to the person next to him.

 

No one was there. Sunggyu was no longer there.

 

Woohyun abruptly got up and looked around him and he cannot find anyone, not a single shadow.

 

“Sunggyu ah!” He yelled, desperately looking for his lover.

 

“Sunggyu ah! Don’t leave me!”

 

“Sunggyu ah!”

 

He jolts awakes in panic. He looks around and realizes he’s in the hospital room and not on the empty football field. A wave of relief wash over him, comforting his pounding heart.

 

He must have dozed off unintentionally.

 

How long have I been asleep now?

 

He lifts his wrist and the watch reads 5:45AM.

 

It’s already morning.

 

The dawn light is coming through the curtain. His eyes quickly spot the two figures asleep on the sofa. He didn’t even realize they have come in.

 

Woohyun takes a big breath, trying to bring his heart rate back to normal.

 

The dream scared him. It’s just so surreal; it feels almost like a flashback rather than a dream.

 

After all, Sunggyu’s leaving him feels just like that.

 

One moment they were lying down next to each other, teasing and laughing about random things on the football field then suddenly Woohyun finds himself alone on the football field, looking up at his single hand instead of an intertwined one.

 

He moves his hand to pick Sunggyu’s free hand and intertwine them together. His lip curves up into a bitter smile.

 

I wish I could hold your hand like this again…with a light heart and not a heavy one like this…

 

Woohyun doesn’t know how much time he has spent just looking at Sunggyu but he only stops when the doctor comes in for the morning checkup.

 

“He seems to be back to normal, but he needs some more rest. I think he will be awake by today then we can move him to the normal room” the doctor explained after finishing the examination.

 

“If he is awake, please press the notification button” the nurse instructed before politely bows to excuse herself following the doctor.

 

They are leaving just as Hoya and Dongwoo walks through the door. The boy politely bows to the doctor and makes way for them.

 

“Everything is alright?” Dongwoo asked while closing the room door behind him.

 

“Yeah, the doc said he’s alright but needs more rest. Probably will be awake later today” Sungyeol said erasing the concern off their face.

 

“That’s good. I’m not wasting my effort just to know he has become crippled or something” Hoya mutters and Dongwoo hits his head for saying the last sentence.

 

“What? I’m just saying! He went there alone” Hoya shrugs while rubbing his head where Dongwoo just hit him.

 

“You shouldn’t say that either. It’s not pleasant” Dongwoo rebuked, earning an eye-rolling from the younger male.

 

“Woohyun, I saw you got hit in the shoulder, are you alright?” Dongwoo turned to Woohyun as he wants to ignore Hoya for a second.

 

Woohyun gives him a smile small and lightly shakes his head. Although it’s a lie as he can feel his shoulder is aching up but he wants to stay here until Sunggyu is awake.

 

“I’m glad, but If you are tired, you can go home. I know you probably stayed up the whole night” the guy added, voicing his concern.

 

“I’m okay, I want to stay here” Woohyun said, eyeing the unconscious patient on the bed.

 

I want to be here when he wakes up and tell him that I’m sorry for being stupid…

Sorry for leading him to this…

Sorry for being stubborn and not listening to him…

 

The boys look at each other as they can understand from Woohyun’s gaze toward Sunggyu.

 

“Woohyun hyung. Can we talk?” Myungsoo decided to break the silences.

 

Sungyeol knows too well what Myungsoo wants to talk about from his expression.

 

Woohyun glance up from the bed to Myungsoo on the bed.

 

Confusion raised up inside nonetheless still follow the younger brother out into the garden outside of the hospital.

 

“Our mom is probably on her way right now” Myungsoo started as they sit down on a bench.

 

Woohyun raised his eyebrow in confusion, not fully understand why Myungsoo is telling him this.

 

“She’s gonna be… you know… overreacting”

 

“She loves Sunggyu hyung. A lot!”

 

“I don’t know whether because he’s the first child or he was born during the marriage is perfect”

 

Myungsoo smiles a bit noticing Woohyun’s frown is getting deeper. “You are confused of why I’m telling you this?”

 

The older nods.

 

“I just hope she doesn’t remember you. Because Sunggyu changed after he left the old town. He has become a quiet person and rebellious. I mean at least that’s my mom thought. I always think he’s the best Hyung I could ever have”

 

“When he moves out, it’s like the biggest hit on her. She starts to feel like she has lost Sunggyu hyung and that she needs to fight a battle to have him back.” He sighed, remembering the relentlessly fight between his mom and his brother.

 

“I’m not sure if she gonna remember you once she sees you but I hope she doesn’t”

 

“If she does,” Myungsoo paused and Woohyun turns to look at him.

 

“Please tolerate her”

 

----

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's geting too long so I have decided to cut it up in half since I want to pull an update lolz I know i'm slow haha and thank you for the waiting. 

 

And excuse my grammar as always lol I will edit it once I got time. I'm quiting my job in 8 days so I hope the vacation will allow me to finish the story. :D

 

Fangirling while having a full time job and writing a fanfic is such a busy life lolz

 

Anyway, until the next update ^^

 

Don't forget Woohyun's concert in Japan on 19th September ;)