Not Losing You Again (다시 놓지않아...)

Begin Again

Woohyun stares blankly at the board where a teacher is explaining some biology stuff to the class. He understands almost nothing. It's really boring.

The students in the class are either sleeping, playing with their phone under the table or just staring blankly like Woohyun.

His eyes automatically advert its attention to the familiar caramel head and start narrowing itself, staring at the back of the person's head. As if the stare gives the person chill, the caramel hair whirls his head to find the source.

Woohyun immediately looks away, pretending to focus on the teacher, acting as if nothing happens. 

 

Stupid Me.

Did he notice I was staring at him?!

Urghh... this.

 

His thought rumbles at him, not liking the fact that he cannot stop himself from looking at the person. He considers it’s his unlucky fate to have few classes with Sunggyu including this one.

Out of nowhere, his brain starts to pop up yesterday incident.

 

Should I consider listening to him?

 

What the !

 

No, I cannot

 

Woohyun shakes his head at the thought. Why would he even think of listening to the person who hurts him so bad; who refuses to listen nor answers any questions he had? He should be strong or at least he should act strong.

 

Rational Woohyun, Rational.

 

No emotion!

 

Or else you are going to get hurt again…

 

The sound of the bell disrupts Woohyun’s thought. He breathes in relief because it is his last class of today. He finally gets to go home and probably go around to explore his neighbourhood before his part-time job starts next week. The students are leaving the class quickly as if they have been waiting for the moment to come or maybe they really were.

Woohyun lazily gathers his stuffs off the table before walking out of the class as well.

 “Hey, Woohyun” He heard the familiar voice calling him as he is a few steps away from the class. He spins his head and finds Junsu there smiling at him.

“Hi Junsu” He greeted with a small smile.

“Wanna hang out this evening?” Junsu suggested when he caught up with the guy.

Woohyun’s eyes flash in excitement as he eagerly agrees. “Sure, why not?! I want to go around to know Seoul more too.”

“Great! We’ll meet up in front of the gate at 6 PM! Just call me if you don’t find anyone” Junsu said and handed out a small piece of paper with a phone number on it.

“Sure!” He said while extending his hand to take it.

 “I will see you then.” Junsu lightly points his index finger out while walking backward to leave.

Woohyun wants to ask why it is so late but he just shrugs it off, assuming it is normal for people here to hang out late.

He takes his phone out to save the number but before he could do that, it vibrates with a message on the screen.

 

Gyu Gyu Hyung <3

 

Don’t go.

 

Woohyun raises his eyebrow at the message before wandering his eye around to find the owner of the message because he should be around to hear the conversation.

There, he found Sunggyu standing behind him. He must have been walking behind him at the moment. Shooting him a glare, Woohyun types the response back on his phone.

 

None of your business.

 

He knows he should change the name of the person’s phone number but he didn’t have a heart to before. Because he was hoping; hoping that someday this name would appear on his screen which it unfortunately never did.

 

Until “Recently”.

 

As if the thought encourages Woohyun, now he feels changing the name isn’t that hard to him anymore.

 

Kim Sunggyu.

 

Change Saved.

 

Woohyun puts his phone back into his trouser pocket and starts walking again. 

 

“Woohyun ahh” the mentioned guy doesn't have to turn to know who called him and that's why he does not respond and fasten his steps to ignore the guy.

 

“Just listen to me, you cannot hang out with the guy like him”

 

Woohyun halts in his step. Who is he to him to keep telling him what to do.

He turns around to face Sunggyu. “oh yes? Should I hang out with a guy like you instead?”

“Woo-

“No. Don’t interfere in my business. Just worry about your own.” Woohyun barks to shut Sunggyu up then spins around to leave the scene.  

Sunggyu sighs with a frown on his face. He wants to get used to this treatment from Woohyun but his heart still hurts otherwise.

 

He is no good for you.

 

----

 

“Where are we going?” Woohyun asked in anxious after getting in Junsu’s Jaguar.

From Junsu’s dressing, he knows from the start that the guy is from a wealthy family but he does not think of the wealthy as in riding a jaguar while you are still in high school. Woohyun reckons again on Sunggyu’s words to not hang out with this guy. Maybe he was right.

He certainly feels not right with the situation. Junsu is wearing a tight leather black jean with sleeveless white top that looking fancy and showing off his body figure. Woohyun really feels underdress with his simple jean and plain white v-neck T-shirt. Well, after all he is not expecting anything like this.

 

“You will know when you get there” Junsu calmly responses, eyes still focus on the road.

 

Woohyun gulped in nervous when the car came to the stop in front of a

 

“ANGEL CLUB”

 

.

 

 Woohyun cursed in his mind.

 

-----

 

It’s not that Woohyun was expecting an amusement park or anything but a club is certainly not his style. Loud music, people dancing, alcohol drinks and those tight and revealing clothes are going to make his head hurt.

It’s just toxic to Nam Woohyun. A Noraebang would be very nice.

 

I shouldn’t hang around this guy. He should have listened to Kim Sunggyu on this one.

 

“Is it the place?” Woohyun asked while stepping out of the passenger seat.

Junsu gives him a smirk before replying “Yeah.. Why? You don’t like it?”

“err I think you are aware that we are underage for a club?” Woohyun pointed out the obvious fact. He’s only 17 this year and he assumes everyone is the same age. Though he knows teenagers these days will get into one anyway, Woohyun is hoping that Junsu would accept that fact and bring him to an eating place and a noraebang instead.

“ahh that? I have my way in. You do not have to worry. Let’s just have fun!” Junsu excitedly claimed before making his way to the entrance.

Woohyun is hesitate in following but he does not have a choice so he quietly trails after the guy, brain is thinking of reasons to excuse himself.  

When they arrive at the gate, Junsu talks to one of the guards. They are in a friendly manner so Woohyun assumes they know each other before. After a brief talk, Junsu signals Woohyun to follow him and they get in without any checks.

 

So this is the way. I suppose. Junsu is certainly influential to be able to do that.

 

Woohyun thought to himself as they enter the club scene. It’s a very busy club as many people are dancing on the floor and tables are filled with glasses and drinks.

They walk to a table where there are four guys sitting there with few girls beside them.

 

I hate this already.

 

Woohyun tries his best to maintain a normal expression instead of the one that said “I don’t want to be here”. He does not want to be rude or worse getting beaten. Clearly, the guys look like not to be messed with.

“Hey, guys” Junsu said and sit down next to the guy in a purple shirt that the first button is undone partly revealing his masculine chest.

“This is Woohyun, a new friend I just met” Junsu introduces Woohyun to the group so Woohyun gives them a small nod before sitting down next to Junsu.

After a brief introduction, the group go back to their own conversation which Junsu joins in. They talk about cars, those drinks and flirt with the guys. Woohyun barely catches their conversation as the music is drumming his ear. 

Woohyun starts to feel the dizziness sipping in his head. The music is getting louder so does the people around him. It’s all becoming too loud that it exasperates his whole body. The group does not help too as they are kissing and making out with the girls. Woohyun’s body cringes at the sight. He is not that innocent as he used to kiss as well but those were innocent one which did not involve tongue at all.

“Are you okay?” Junsu asked as he observed Woohyun’s uncomfortable expression.

“Umm, I think I will just need to go to the restroom” Woohyun replied before standing up and walks to the restroom’s direction.

 

Woohyun slashes the water on his face before looking up at his reflection in the mirror. He feels nausea in his stomach. Throwing up is not an option now but he really wishes he could do that. He closes his eyes trying to get his head straight. A headache is approaching adding to the current dizziness.

 

This is bad. I have to get out.

 

He opens his eyes once again only to see a familiar face in the reflection.

 

The caramel hair.

 

Not now. I do not have a mood to deal with him.

 

“I told you. Don’t hang out with them” Sunggyu said from where he is standing, landing his body against the wall at the corner of the bathroom. 

“Why? They are my friend and it does not concern anything with you” Woohyun replied while washing his hand in the sink. Despite his mind actually is agreeing with Sunggyu, Woohyun does not want to surrender to the other guy.

“You clearly look sick. You don’t like it here” Sunggyu states the obvious fact which only fuel Woohyun's temper. How he hates that Sunggyu sounds caring toward him. 

“So what? Why do you make it sound like you are so worried?” Woohyun bite back trying hard not to show his sick expression. 

“Because I am” Sunggyu raises his voice, pushing his body off the wall, standing straight.

“You are? Stop feeding me lies, Kim Sunggyu. All these years, Is it not enough for you? You want to play me again or what? I’m not as naïve as before. So stop whatever you are trying at” Woohyun snarls. The sickness and frustration combines quickly rises his temper. 

“Woohyun. I’m sorry for the old days. My thought wasn’t straight. I was young and dumb. I want to make it up for you” Sunggyu explained, pleading the other guy to listen.

“Stop it! There is no way in hell that I am going back to you” Woohyun snaps again. The pain in his head is getting stronger and Sunggyu's words are making it worse. 

Sunggyu sighs. Why am I reasoning with him in such an atmosphere?

“It’s a waste to talk to you in the situation right now. Let’s get out of here. I can get you out.” Sunggyu grabs Woohyun’s wrist and drags him out as the latter is fighting for his hand to be freed. 

“No, I am not going anywhere with you” Woohyun protested still struggling with the grasp.

“Come on. Don’t be a stubborn. They are not good, they don’t make friend with your type. I know them better than you” Sunggyu tighten his grasp as he speaks and tries to pull both of them out of the room.

“And I know you better than this. I am not going with you.” Woohyun barks, trying to stop them in track. Woohyun knows that Sunggyu probably is speaking the truth but he feels perplexed about the situation. He doesn’t know what to believe and what not but he is sure he wants out. However, going with Kim Sunggyu is the last thing he wants to do right now. His ego tells him not to give in and after all, his ego won and not his rationality.

Sunggyu manages to drag both of them to the bathroom door but Woohyun’s stance is getting more rigid. Frustrated, Sunggyu slams the other guy onto the wall, trapping Woohyun’s body with his own. Sunggyu is holding both of Woohyun’s hand and move his face closer to the other guy. 

Woohyun is shock with the action that his body went rigid.

“I will not lose you again, Nam Woohyun” Sunggyu utters strongly and Woohyun hears the words clear beside all the noise outside. Woohyun looks into his eyes, trying to see if Sunggyu means otherwise but he only sees frustration and sadness. The sight triggers the familiar feeling in his heart that he used to have.

 

No. Don’t feel like that now, Nam Woohyun.

 

Woohyun whispers in his mind. He has to get out of this now. Why there’s no ing damn someone giving a to two guys whose face is close to each other now? Woohyun wonders as there are other people walking past them but no one seems to care.

 

I’m so damn.

 

I don’t want to be weak again.

 

Those eyes…

 

That face…

 

Everything is making him feel weak and want to surrender to the inside battle. Sunggyu continues to stare at him and he knows he has to break out before thing goes out of his hand.  

 

 “Let me-

 

He is not able to finish that sentence when he feels the presence of another lip on his; sealing whatever he has to say next.

The taste of the lip is so familiar. It was soft and warm. It’s all just so familiar. All of these years and his body still feels familiar with it. Woohyun wants to curse himself so much for that.

 

Kim Sunggyu is kissing him. And his body freaking do little to nothing to break away.

 

I hate myself for this.

 

Come on. Don’t you remember all those moments that he left you even when you beg him to stay?

 

The memories are emerging in his brain; as usual, the sweet memories that hold on hurts him. The sweeter it was, the bitter it was for him. The pain that this person had left is just too deep inside his heart. The kiss feels like a click to provoke the scars and turns it into an open-wound once again.

 

It hurts.

Stop doing this to me, Kim Sunggyu.

 

The one drop of tear unknowingly coming out from Woohyun’s eyes and Sunggyu seems to notice this and let go of his lip.

More tears coming out even though Woohyun wants it to stop because he does not want to look weak in front of this guy again. But he couldn’t help the pain inside his chest.

“Are you happy seeing me like this?” Woohyun muttered the question. He doesn’t want to be played anymore. It’s enough for him to taste the pain. Why does Kim Sunggyu bring all of this thing to him again?

 

Does he want to see me hurt that much?

 

He feels the grasp on both wrists loosen and a warm palm on his cheek, wiping away the tears. Woohyun loves and hates the warmth just like he feels toward the owner of it. It feels good, yet he hates how it makes him feel weak and venerable.

He slaps Sunggyu’s hand away and shouts at him “Don’t touch me. Don’t touch me ever again”

Woohyun pushes Sunggyu’s body away from him and runs out, leaving a speechless Sunggyu standing there looking at his hand that was slapped at the moment.

 

----

 

Woohyun is able to calm his sob for a moment before heading back to the table telling Junsu and the group that he is not feeling well enough to stay and will leave on his own.

He quickly grabs his bag and heads to the exit but not before Junsu catches his wrist and asks him for the reason.

 “It’s okay. I just need rest.” He mumbled and wiggled his wrist out of the grasp and take his leave.

 

 

Woohyun does not hold his tears when he is walking back home. The pain from his chest is too much to handle. All the memories flood to him like water flow from a broken canal wall. Woohyun doubts if the wound has ever been healed in the first place.

 

Beep Beep.

 

Woohyun wipes his tear and turns to the source of the sound from the car driving slowly beside him. The window rolls down revealing the driver whose face can be recognized by Woohyun. It is the person he met on the first day of school.

 

“Need a ride home?”

 

Woohyun shakes his head, declining the offer as he does not know the person so well. Crying in the person’s car is not a good idea at all.

 

“Come on. Woohyun… I don’t bite” Dongwoo suggested with a bright smile.

 

----

 

The ride is quiet. Woohyun decides to get on the car as Dongwoo is really insisting and the situation is getting real awkward.

Woohyun really appreciates the silence because he would be crying hard if Dongwoo asked what happen to him. All they talk is the direction to Woohyun’s house. When the car pulls in front of the destination, Woohyun mumbles a thank you to Dongwoo and steps out of his car.

“Just take care, okay?” Dongwoo shouted and Woohyun smiled back in response before locking his door. He waves his hand as a goodbye and closes the door.

Dongwoo sighs as Woohyun disappeared into his house. He pulls the phone out of his pocket and dials a number.

“Is he home yet?” the other line asked not leaving a second for him to say anything.

Dongwoo chuckles a bit at the person’s urgent voice. 

“Yeah he is”

He heard a relief sigh from the other person. “Thank you, Dongwoo ah”

“You better tell me what it is because I lost a game for this, hyung”

“I’ll tell you when we meet”

Before Dongwoo can response anything, the line has been cut off.

Such an avoidance guy. Dongwoo thought as he whirls the car wheel to his home direction.

 

---

 

Sunggyu sighs after hanging up from Dongwoo, recalling what happened at the club. He does not know why he kissed Woohyun too. It was like the heat of the moment that he wanted the younger to listen to him and stop rejecting him. He knew immediately after the kiss that Woohyun is going to despise him even more but he could not pull himself to break off the kiss. The touch of Woohyun’s lip is just so addicted.

He rubs his face as if he is trying to get some sense back inside him.

 

What am I going to do?

 

 

 

---------------

 

Thank you for the comments and Sub! I don't have much time to do the edition and everything so excuse the mistake :) :)