Please Like Me Again (다시 좋아해줘..)

Begin Again

 

Introduction to Sociology, Sociology and behaviour…

 

Woohyun reads the title from one book to another on the shelf, trying to look for the book their sociology teacher instructed to find this afternoon.

 

Found it!

 

He proceeds to take out the book with delight feeling before the scene through the empty hole on the shelf catches his eyes.

He sees Sunggyu, by his normal bright caramel hair standing with another person, facing the other side of the bookshelf. Both facing each other so Woohyun can only see the side of their face. Both seem to really engage in the conversation as they smile widely at each other.

What could be funny about books, he wonders.

Despite his brain tells him to ignore the scene and just walk back to his table, his body does the opposite. He leans a bit over the shelf to ear-dropping the conversation.

“Aww, Oppa’s so smart! Now I get it”

“Don’t flatter me. It’s not something so hard”

“Aww, it’s hard for me. Thank you Oppa”

“You’re welcome, but I have another question here” the girl said and seemingly points to another spot on the book. Her head lead a bit toward the guy and Woohyun thought it isn’t even necessary.

He feels annoyed at the sight for some reason. It’s getting on his nerve.

What the is this? What do I get angry for?  

He feels his chest is burning at the desire to go and break those two apart from each other now.

I’m going crazy for real! What the is this feeling!

He snatches the book and walks over the table and forcefully grabs his bag then heading to the exit of the library.

 

When he comes out in front out of the hall, the sky is pouring again.

He scoffs, feeling frustrated at the weather (or maybe at the scene he just witnessed).

Lowering his backpack a bit off his shoulder, he manages to pull the small umbrella out of it. He’s always prepared since it’s getting close to winter so raining here-and-there is expected.

“Hey Woohyun!” a voice called out from behind. He wiped his head to see the guy with the purple headset on his neck.

“Hey, Hoya!” He greeted the guy and smiled.

“The rain is becoming annoying these days. I forget my umbrella today”

“Wanna share mine?” Woohyun offered.

“Are you sure? Which direction are you going?”

“North, around 15 minutes walking from school”

“Ah, It’s the same direction, just my house is a bit further”

“Then, Come on!”

So they walk under Woohyun’s small umbrella which not helping much in covering them from the heavy downpour.  As they avoid the big tree on the sidewalk, a car drives by and slashes the water on the road onto them; the impact is largely on Woohyun than Hoya as the former happens to walk on the roadside.

He curses the driver as he feels the flirty water on his arms and side face. Hoya looks at his friend and cannot help but snigger at Woohyun’s pissed expression, resulting in Woohyun chasing him down, trying to lash the dirty water on his friend as well. Ultimately, both are completely drenched when they reach Woohyun’s home.

 

They laugh at each other, seeing the mess they get themselves into.

 

“You brat, why would you even do that in the first place?” Hoya said along with another laugh.

“What?! Because you starts it first” Woohyun exclaimed as he run to the front door of his home. Luckily, the house has the small balcony or else they have to stand in the rain while Woohyun is looking for the home key.  

 “Because your piss expression is funny. It almost looked like a kitty trying to get angry” Hoya followed suit and still laughing.

“YAH! I shouldn’t have shared you the umbrella” Woohyun yelled back at the guy while unlocking the door.

“You offered it first” Hoya threw another counter with a playful smirk. Woohyun just shakes his head at his friend before noticing that the rain is getting even heavier with stronger wind too. It’s almost like a storm.

“How long from here to your home?” Woohyun asked, worry can be traced in his voice.

“Should be another 15 mins to walk, few block more.” Hoya answered.

“You can stay, you know. Until the rain is over”

“Really? Are you being nice again? Not afraid the same situation will happen? ”

“I was just kidding when I chased you. Had fun anyway. You can even borrow my clothes because look at you” Woohyun said and eyeing his completed soaked friend. His clothes are dripping water here and there.

Hoya looks over his body and yeah staying over until rain is over is a better idea than walking across the storm to his home now.

So then he finds himself in the cozy house, following the house owner guy to the room. As they enter the room, Woohyun wants to bury himself in embarrassment because of his messy unfinished packing.

 “Apologize for the mess, I just moved in, you know so haven’t unpacked properly yet”

“Nah, it’s totally fine” Hoya replied, standing there while Woohyun is digging in the closet.

“Here is the clean towel and clothes” Woohyun said as he pushed the set into Hoya’s hand.

“I will take shower now. You can use this bathroom here, I will use the downstairs one” he added as he’s walking out of the room

Hoya’s eyes wander around, observing the room quietly. It’s not too big and not too small, very suitable for a person.

A small bed with a light purple cover set and a table beside it with a book on it.

It’s probably the curiosity in him that makes him moves closer to catch a better look of the book.

 “To My Woohyunnie” the cover read.

He gulps. It is surely something special to its owner because of the affection name on it. Hoya knows it’s wrong because he’s about to invade his friend’s top privacy items but he cannot help the curiosity. 

So he opens the book and the letter S&W greets him. The phrase below it is “Forever

The next page gets his brow furrowed as he sees a photo with familiar faces. The guy on the left side surely is the young Woohyun and the guy on the right side looks awfully familiar.

As he looks at it a bit longer, the small eyes feature hits him.

His jaw drops at the realization. Sunggyu Hyung?

Just as he is about to open the next page, he heard steps coming up so he put them back on the table quickly and leaps into the bathroom.

 

---

 

“Sunggyu Hyung” Hoya called out as he sits down on the empty chair in front of Sunggyu’s desk in student council office. The school hour just passed and the former wants to know the answer about the photo he saw yesterday. He wants to make confirmation.

“Yes?” Sunggyu replied without looking up from his documents on the desk.

“What’s your relation with Woohyun?” Hoya asked.

Sunggyu frowns at the question and looks at the guy. “What do you mean by that?”

“Don’t play dumb hyung, you promised to tell me that” Dongwoo, who is in the office too, yelled from his desk.

“What do you guys wanna know?” Sunggyu sighed as he leaned down on the chair looking at his friends.

“The photo in your wallet” Dongwoo said as he’s getting up from his chair and walking toward them.

“or the photo in Woohyun’s book?” Hoya added, raising his left eyebrow.

Sunggyu’s eyebrows furrow even harder. “How the hell did you guys see those?”

“Your clumsiness” Dongwoo blurted out. “Remember when I gave you back the wallet on the other day?” he continued.

Sunggyu parts his mouth and nods in realization then turns to Hoya with a raised eyebrow.

“What about you? You said photo in Woohyun’s book?”

“Yeah, went to his house yesterday and I “accidentally” saw his book and opened it” Hoya said while rubbing the back of his neck as he feels embarrassed to confess his crime.

“It’s started with S&W?” The older questioned, almost immediately.

“Yeah right! I don’t even know what does that stand for”

So he still keeps the book.

“So?”

“So what?”

“So? What’s up with you and Woohyun”

“Ex-boyfriend” Sungyeol announced as he steps into the room.

Sunggyu rolls his eyes at the intruder. Did everyone discover this fact or something?

 “Yeah. We used to date during middle school” Sunggyu answered, confirming the fact.

“So that was Sunggyu & Woohyun?” Hoya asked and received the nod from his hyung.

“I gave that book to him on our first anniversary” Sunggyu said with a weak smile as he recalled the memory when he felt very restless having to pick up the gift for their first anniversary.

“That explains why Woohyun acted like that around you” Hoya added.

Sunggyu sighed, he doesn’t know what to feel exactly. He’s a bit glad that the younger still keeps the book, though the fact that he refused to talk to him doesn’t help at all.

“But what do you want to do now?” Dongwoo asked.

“I don’t know. I want to apologize. But it’s not that easy”

 “How can it be easy when your dumped him in the first place” Sungyeol said with a scoff and crossed his arm, looking directly at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu closes his eyes and rubs his temple before leaning back in the chair, feeling helpless about his situation with Woohyun. The guy can’t even stay with him more than few minutes, leave alone talking.

“You dumped him? ing hell, Hyung! He’s like the nicest guy I ever met besides Dongwoo hyung” Hoya exclaimed and Dongwoo gives him a sheepish grin.

“I know”

“He’s being stupid”

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol, you are not helping!”

Sungyeol shrugs. “You at dating, I can’t believe Woohyun liked you”

 

I can’t believe he liked me too…

Please like me again, Woohyun ah…

 

----

 

Late afternoon of that day, Woohyun goes to the practice room as he doesn’t have the working shift on.

He heard familiar music coming out of the room. It’s hip-hop.

Must be Hoya.

And there is it, the said guy in his dancing outfit, sleeveless t-shirt with sweat pant, is dancing with full force.

As passionate as always. Woohyun thought as he now observes the guy quietly with a smile.

He claps after Hoya finished the song, catching the dancing guy attention. The latter walks over to put the music on pause.

“You are going to be a dance genius”

“Since when you are standing there? Are you my fan now?”

“Yes, I will be your first fan if you are going to pursue music career”

 “The spot is taken” Hoya said as he collapse to the floor.

“By who?” Woohyun gasped the words out.

“Not telling you”

“Eh, tell me, tell me, Is the person special?”

“Not telling you” Hoya replied and stuck his tongue out, prompting Woohyun to jump on to tackle his friend.

They wrestle over, roll over each other and end up having Hoya above Woohyun, grabbing both of his hand, when another presence steps into the room.

“What are you guys doing?” a pair of small eyes along with a deep frown is staring right at them.

Hoya gulps and Woohyun looks startled before pushing Hoya off him.

 “Nothing, hyung.” Hoya replied, feeling awkward at the situation.

“It doesn’t seem nothing to me” Sunggyu said looking between angry and annoyed.

“Well… Woohyun here wants to be my fanboy” Hoya explained, pointing his finger at Woohyun.

Sunggyu’s eyes turns to look at Woohyun, making the latter a little alarmed because of the stare.

“He dances… really ... well” Woohyun stuttered outs and looked elsewhere avoiding the eyes.

The atmosphere turns really awkward until Sungyeol brushes into the room along with Dongwoo.

“Yo guy!” Sungyeol shouted out excitedly then starts to notice the aurora in the room.

He looks at Sunggyu to Woohyun then to Hoya in the corner and blinks his big eyes.

“What happened?”

“Nothing” Sunggyu answered and walks over to the opposite corner of the room, where the instruments are.  

Hoya clears his throat.

“Well, since you guys are here now, let’s talk about the performance for Christmas Stage” he said while walking over to put his arm on both Sungyeol and Dongwoo’s shoulder.

“Yeah yeah” Sungyeol blurted out, agreeing after getting the sign from Hoya’s wink.

 “Let’s show your talent Woohyun ah!” Dongwoo called out to the guy at the corner, snapping him out of his blank-self.

“yeah, do a duet with Sunggyu Hyung” Sungyeol added.

Sunggyu looks at Sungyeol with a weird gaze. What the Lee Sungyeol?

Sungyeol returns the gaze and mouth silently at him.  I’m helping you only

Sunggyu shakes his head, disapproving at his friend’s action.

“I don’t think I want to do it.” Woohyun blurted out. “Hoya, you gonna dance, right? Let me join you!” he quickly added after.

“yes…yes, I’m dancing with Dongwoo hyung as the additional stage” Hoya hesitantly replied.

“Let me do it with you” Woohyun said, trying to plead the guy with his cuteness.

Hoya snickers at the guy’s silliness.

“Come on, Woohyun, last time I check, your body is moving to its own rhythm and not the music’s”

Woohyun pouted, once again. The cuteness. “But I want to do it with you”

“But you said you like singing”

“Now I like dancing” Woohyun added with a grin and he has to go on and said “only with you” with a wink. Sunggyu bits his lips, trying to suppress his somewhat jealousy feeling.

“Greasy jerk. You should be sticking with Sunggyu Hyung and not me”

Woohyun’s face drops at this and shifts his body a bit uncomfortable.

“I don’t know but I’m doing it with you” the dark hair guy insists again, obviously tries not to face Sunggyu’s direction.

“Let him do it with you, I can sing alone” Sunggyu calmly stated.

“ Aww  Hyung, you sound so lonely” Sungyeol coos before walking over to hug Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“Nah” Sunggyu brushes it off, not wanting to continue the conversation as he can see how much Woohyun is feeling discomfort at the situation. 

As he turns, his gaze meets Woohyun’s. They stare at each other for a brief before Woohyun shifts his eyes to the floor then excuses himself for the bathroom.

 

Why do I feel like having committed a crime? Woohyun thought as he is walking along the corridor to the bathroom.

 

Truth is he doesn’t need to go to the restroom at all but he cannot stand the gaze from that small pair of eyes. He let out a sigh.

This is getting real hard.

 

----

 

When he returns, no one is there except Kim Sunggyu who is touching on his cellphone.

 

Woohyun gulps.

 

 Where the hell did the guys go so quickly? Didn’t they just talk about Christmas Stage whatsoever so at the moment?

 

“Where are the guys?” He asked, looking particularly at nothing, not wanting to look at the only guy in the room at all.

“They said they are hungry and want to eat instead of discussing the performance” answered Sunggyu, who now turns to face him.

“And you?” Woohyun wonders why did he ask the question too when he doesn’t want a conversation with the guy in the first place but he cannot help the curiosity. 

“You don’t have the key so I will have to lock up” Sunggyu stated while tugging his phone back in his jacket pocket.

Woohyun forms an o sharp as understanding then walks over to grabs his bag off the floor and getting ready to leave too. Because what’s the point of staying?

“Let me take you home” he heard the other’s guy voice called out.

“You know the answer, Kim Sunggyu” Woohyun said with a sigh.

“Please” Sunggyu softly pleaded. “You let Junsu bring you home”

“It’s a different case here. Don’t you see?” Woohyun replied nonchalantly, sounding like not wanting to state the sentence at all.

Sunggyu can only sigh as the response, knowing that the conversation will not end in his favor.

 “Don’t get close to him Woohyun ah. Don’t fall for him too” Said Sunggyu, trying to at least warn the man he cares about.

“Don’t care whom I will date. Must I say we were over years ago” Woohyun hissed at him.

Why do you act so caring, now? You never really care about me back then when you left me.

“You know, I know you have me somewhere there inside your heart or else you will not keep that book”

“What?” Woohyun widen his eyes in surprise.

“Our book”

Woohyun is speechless.

 

How on earth did he know?

Don’t tell me it’s Hoya….

Damn that guy…

 

“It does not matter how much you have me but I’m waiting here and will do anything to have you back. I’m not losing you again.” Sunggyu continued.

The determined sound somewhat frightens Woohyun’s inner self. He doesn’t want to fall for the guy again but the stupid weird feeling keeps coming.

 “You are talking nonsense” He snapped and left the room, slamming the door shut harder than necessary.

This time, Sunggyu does not chase after him because he knows it’s going to get worse if he does.

At least get to say what I want. He thought.

 

----

 

Woohyun is feeling perplexed because of the situation when he is walking home.

Maybe he should consider Junsu’s option?

Sound reasonable right?

With the thought, Woohyun pulls his phone out and texts a certain person.

Woohyun: Hey, I think I want to try your plan

Woohyun: But I’m not sure but are you sure you’ll be okay with that?

Junsu: Of course! I’m all here to help

Woohyun: Thank Junsu ah

Junsu: I will take that as a yes. See you at the rooftop tomorrow then

Woohyun: See you ^^

Woohyun takes a deep breath as he put the phone back. He’s not sure how thing will work out but if there is a chance to turn Sunggyu away, he will take it now. He simply does not want to fall back for the guy.

 

---

 

Tomorrow Lunchtime.

Sunggyu is looking at the text on his cell phone with a confused feeling. He had received a text from that stupid Junsu, asking him to meet at the rooftop of their building at lunchtime today.

 

 I wonder what the guy’s gonna talk about. Is it about Woohyun? He thought.

 

But whatever the reason is, he will not be a coward and not meet the guy. With a click in his tongue, he gets up from his desk and leaves for the meeting place.

As he opens the door to it, Sunggyu hears the familiar voice.

 “I like you, Woohyun ah. Be my boyfriend”

Sunggyu stops in his track and looking at the scene in front of him. He sees the familiar dark hair boy standing in front of the guy who calls him hear.

Did Junsu just confess to Woohyun?

Did he hear it wrong?

The next thing he knows gets his body turned rigid and chest tighten.

There stands Nam Woohyun locking lip with another guy with his eyes closed.

 

 

-------

 

I actually wanted to update on Saturday whahaha but I keep on editing it LOL so to stop the distracting, I will post it now!

 

Enjoy and sorry that I wasn't be able to reply anyone's comments. I'm too shy to do so! >.< 

but i'm reading all of them and appreciate it that you guys are commenting here. Thank you so much everyone. 

 

-A (back to work now T_T)