The Crush

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo sat on the bed in the nurse's office, Lisa sitting in the chair near the door. The nurse was looking at the welt on her hand with a frown on her face. Ms. Son looked at the woman.

"She was bitten by one of the genetically enhanced spiders I brought in for a demonstration. I don't know of any immediate side effects, but does she look okay?" Ms. Son asked, concern on her face. The nurse looked over the welt some more, before dropping Jisoo's hand. Jisoo kept her hand near her side, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I don't see anything specifically wrong. She seems to not be having any terrible reactions, but I would just keep an eye on her if anything changes. I'll inform your parents about it, okay Jisoo?" The nurse said. Jisoo nodded in reply, the woman going into the room connected with theirs to sit down at her desk. Ms. Son sighed, placing a hand on Jisoo's shoulder.

"I apologize for this, Jisoo. I should have taken more precautions. You can get out of class early, and even go home if you aren't feeling up to it. If it were any regular spider, I wouldn't be as bothered." Ms. Son said, squeezing her shoulder. Jisoo just shrugged, getting off the bed.

"It's okay, Ms. Son. I understand. I'll just grab my books from the room and go." Jisoo said. Ms. Son nodded and then, with one final look, left the room. Jisoo sighed, turning her gaze to a now sleeping Lisa. Jisoo rolled her eyes, kicking the girl's shin.

"Ow! What? What did I miss? Are you dead?" Lisa said, springing up out of the chair. Jisoo rolled her eyes again.

"No, I'm fine. They're letting me go home though, so..." Jisoo said. Lisa nodded, the two exiting the room to make their way back to their class. Lisa grabbed her hand, holding it up to her face as they walked.

"Damn, this is ugly. Does it hurt?" Lisa asked, poking the welt. Jisoo snatched her hand away from her, holding it to her chest.

"No, but don't do that. What if it's contagious?" Jisoo said. Lisa looked at her own hands, eyes wide.

", what if I-"

"Hey guys." 

Jisoo jumped, head shooting to look ahead of them. Jennie waved at them from down the hall, the girl standing outside their classroom. Lisa nudged her forward a little, Jisoo snapping her eyes to her. Lisa smirked at her. Jisoo wasn't a mind reader by any means, but from what she could tell of that smirk, she probably wasn't going to like what Lisa was about to do.

"Hey, take care of her, okay? I need to go to the bathroom." Lisa said, brushing past them both and heading farther down the hallway and out of sight in a matter of seconds. Jisoo blinked, steps slowing down as she neared Jennie, who was still waiting for her. The girl glanced down at her hand, eyebrows furrowing.

"That looks painful. Are you alright?" Jennie asked, her eyes meeting hers. Jisoo felt her stomach twist, fingers fiddling together at her gaze.

"U-Uh, yeah, totally fine. I'm probably just gonna head home- just in case, you know?" Jisoo said, her smile radiating awkwardness. Jennie nodded, the girl moving her eyes down to her hand again.

"I'm glad you're okay. This looks nasty." Jennie said, suddenly taking her hand to look at the wound. Jisoo's breath hitched, heart picking up speed. She really hoped her hands weren't sweating.

"Well if you're heading home, I could walk with you? It's almost lunch anyway." Jennie said, giving her a smile. Jisoo felt her heart stop in her chest, mouth gaping a little. Jennie giggled at her, Jisoo sputtering slightly.

"B-But, won't you get in trouble?" Jisoo questioned. Jenni

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter