The Rumour

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up the next morning feeling like she got run over by a truck.

She groaned in her bed, shots of pain flying through her body when she moved the tiniest bit. She winced, blinking her eyes open as her alarm blared in her ear. She took a breath and reached over to the best of her ability, shutting off her alarm and laying back down on her back. She closed her eyes again, her mind going through the previous night.

She figured out she had weird powers, she went out, saved Jennie-

.

Jisoo's eyes snapped open as she momentarily forgot how much pain she was in and shot herself up into a sitting position. She hissed through her teeth, hand clutching her stomach as she sat there.

She helped her crush by fighting a bunch of guys. Talk about whipped.

Jisoo sighed deeply, shaking her head at herself. A knock at her door startled her, her eyes settling on it as it opened up to reveal her mother. Jisoo looked on as her mother smiled at her.

"Hey, you're up. Are you sure you're ready for school today? You can always stay home another day." Her mother said, frown on her face. Jisoo smiled slightly, swinging her legs over the side of her bed. She tried her best not to show the pain on her face, the girl clenching her jaw as she stood up, clearing to mask how badly she wanted to groan from her injuries.

"I'll be fine, mom. I wanna go." No, she really didn't. But, she also didn't want to get behind on anything- plus, seeing Jennie was always a bonus for her.

Her mother sighed, before she nodded and turned around, ready to leave her room. She suddenly stopped, the woman gasping and looking back into her room. Jisoo followed her line of sight, the girl's eyes widening. She forgot to deal with her closet door.

"Jisoo, what the hell happened?" Her mother exclaimed, walking across her room and touching the piece of the door leaning against her wall. Jisoo's lips formed an awkward smile when her mother met her eyes, the girl shrugging her shoulders weakly.

"Just kinda, um, fell off the hinges yesterday. Might need to be fixed." Jisoo replied. Her mother shook her head in disbelief, the woman looking back to the piece of wood. Jisoo watched her mother shake her head once more, before the woman turned around. Jisoo expected some sort of lecture, but she surprisingly didn't get one as her mother just gave her a look before she went to her bedroom door.

"I'll let your father know. I'll wait downstairs for you. You better hurry." She said. She closed the door behind her, leaving Jisoo alone in her room.

Jisoo exhaled slowly, biting her lip as she took a few steps towards her closet. It took much longer than usual, and it took more pain, but she managed to get her regular clothes on and swing her backpack onto her shoulders.

She really hoped today wouldn't be as crazy as yesterday.

~~

She was wrong. So, very wrong.

Jisoo exhaled deeply once she walked through the doors of her school, kids bustling about and rushing to each other in whispers. It put her on edge immediately, her eyes flitting at every pair of students as she walked along down the hallway towards her locker. She heard a shout towards her, grabbing her attention. Lisa was waving at her from her locker.

Jisoo walked up to the girl, turning to her locker as Lisa smiled at her.

"Jichyu, you're here! I hope you're feeling better today." Lisa said. Jisoo shrugged, opening up her locker and shoving her bag inside. She didn't really respond, which prompted Lisa to keep speaking. "Hey, you hear the rumour? Some crazy, vigilante on the loose kicking and saving girls. Isn't that awesome?"

Jisoo's blood ran cold, her hands stopping in their motions to get her books. She blinked into her open locker, before she slowly raised her eyes to Lisa, who was looking past her and around t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter