Wounded

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The little bell dinged when Lisa opened the door for them both, Jisoo nervously stepping inside behind her and letting the door close behind them. She glanced around for a moment, the quaint little diner making the corners of her lips turn up. It was a really cute place- Chaeyoung probably picked it out.

"Hey, there they are!" Lisa said, reaching back and gripping Jisoo's arm to pull her along across the diner. Jisoo's heart rate increased as they approached, both Chaeyoung and Jennie pulling away from their conversation to look up at the incoming girls. Chaeyoung beamed at them both, but aimed her smile at Lisa as she waved happily. Jisoo cracked an awkward smile when Jennie looked at her, the girl sending her a beautiful smile and a wave.

"Hey, you're here!" Chaeyoung said excitedly, motioning for them to sit. Lisa complied and immediately slid in next to Chaeyoung, snuggling up to her. Jisoo stood there for an awkward moment, scratching the back of her neck. Jennie scooted over in the booth, smiling at her and gesturing for her to sit next to her. Jisoo blinked a few times, a blush settling on her face when she finally got the message and sat down quickly. She cleared at Jennie's cute giggle, the girls across from them in their own little world.

Jisoo twiddled her thumbs, not entirely sure where to look or what to say. Thankfully, Jennie broke the ice for them both.

"How have you been? Yesterday was... obviously insane." Jennie said, voice growing soft. Jisoo her lips and met her eyes. Jisoo noticed the look in Jennie's dark eyes- it was easy to see that she was also shaken from what happened the other day. Jisoo gulped and tried to smile comfortingly, a shaky hand resting on Jennie's. Jennie blinked, her eyes briefly flicking to their hands before she met Jisoo's eyes again.

"I'm fine, and I can tell that you're... not completely fine." Jisoo said softly. Her words hung in the air for a minute, Jennie's eyes practically staring into her soul. Eventually, Jennie exhaled deeply and smiled tiredly, shaking her head and shrugging.

"That obvious, huh?" Jennie replied. Jisoo half-shrugged, and she only just noticed that Jennie hadn't moved her hand away from her own.

"Anyone would be freaked out from something like that... I don't blame you. But, um..." Jisoo trailed off, and she prayed to any God up in the sky that her hand wasn't sweating from nerves at how intense Jennie was looking at her. "Uh, if you... You know, wanna talk to someone about it, or need a shoulder to lean on or whatever... You can come to me." Jisoo finished, cringing inside at how creepy that probably sounded. Here she was, holding her ing crush's hand in a diner, offering her to talk to her about her ing problems when they've barely interacted throughout all of their high school days.

Whatever God she just prayed to was clearly on her side that day, though, because as she was belitting herself in her head, Jennie was smiling brightly at her. Jennie gave her hand a gentle squeeze.

"Thanks, Jisoo. That means a lot." Jennie said, and Jisoo could feel the relief flood inside of her at not being a complete weirdo.

Jisoo nodded once, smiling back at her. A waitress then came over, taking their orders and then leaving them alone once more. Chaeyoung and Lisa finally graced the other two with their conversation, because they turned to the two brunettes across from them after the waitress left.

"So, any plans for tonight?" Chaeyoung asked, leaving the question open to everyone. Jisoo caught the look in Lisa's eyes- she could see what her eyes were trained on, which was her and Jennie's hands still together. Jisoo decided to focus on Chaeyoung's question instead of feeling embarrassed under Lisa's gaze.

"Not really." Jisoo answered. Chaeyoung nodded at her.

"Same here. I was asking Jennie if she wanted to go see the new movie at the theater- it looks like it'll be good. Did you guys wanna join us?" Chaeyoung asked, her not-so-subtle stare on Lisa not going unnoticed by Jisoo. Jisoo smirked a tiny bit as Lisa nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Hell yeah! It looks awesome." Lisa replied like a child, Chaeyoung giggling at her. All eyes turned to her, and Jisoo wouldn't have been so nervous if it weren't for Jennie's intense stare and hold on her hand. Yeah, that was still happening. 

Jisoo cleared awkwardly, shrugging her shoulders weakly.

"I don't know..." Jisoo said, and the pout on Jennie's face made her regret every decision she had ever made in her entire life. Chaeyoung and Lisa also looked sad, but Jennie was the first to jump in.

"Come on, Jisoo!" Jennie said, squeezing her hand. Jisoo's heart stuttered in her chest, her eyes flitting between their hands and Jennie's eyes. She gulped nervously, her mind running wild. God, she really wanted to- no doubt about it. But, she felt in her bones that something could happen that night. She wasn't sure if she should risk going anywhere when something could happen.

"What's the harm in seeing a movie, Chichoo?" Lisa asked. Jisoo shot her a look, the mischievious glint in Lisa's eye not going unnoticed by her. She was having fun with this.

"Yeah, exactly! It's not like you have a test tomorrow, right?" Jennie added. Jisoo glanced back at Jennie, then to the other two girls. They all stared at her as she mentally processed their words. A sigh escaped Jennie's lips, the grip on her hand loosening and instead going to her arm. She met Jennie's pleading eyes. "Come on, Jisoo. You can't leave me alone with them." Jennie pointed her thumb at the two lovebirds across the table, who both blinked at the sudden attention. Chaeyoung blushed furiously while Lisa looked both embarrassed and confused. Jisoo eventually sighed deeply.

"Okay, I guess I-"

Jisoo's senses went crazy suddenly, and her head whipped around just as police cars whizzed past the diner, the sirens blasting and lights flashing.

Jisoo sighed lightly, however, she couldn't seem to pull her eyes away from the window.

"Damn, cops are wild today. Must be something bad." Jennie commented, all of them looking on out the window still.

Jisoo bit her bottom lip in worry, continuing to stare out the window as the others turned themselves away.

"So, what do you say Jisoo?" She heard Jennie say, but the words didn't register. She couldn't tear her gaze away like they did- Jisoo couldn't let it go so easily. It was, literally, in her blood to go investigate this. Her senses were on overdrive and she could feel something was really off. And as much as she didn't want to leave the group, especially Jennie, she knew that if she stood idly by, she would regret it.

"Jisoo?" Jennie said, a slight pressure on Jisoo's hand gaining her attention. Jisoo looked back at the others, their gazes questioning. Jisoo her lips.

"Um, I'm sorry- I just remembered that, uh, my mom wanted me to help her at home. I need to get going." Jisoo said. Three sets of eyes blinked at her, Jisoo sending them all a smile as she stood up. Jennie gripped her hand when she tried to pull away, causing her to shoot her eyes up to the girl. Jennie had a frown on her face.

"Can't you stay a little longer? And what about tonight? Wouldn't your mom understand?" Jennie asked, and Jisoo swore the girl was pouting at her. Jisoo felt go dry, the distant sirens still booming in her head.

She eventually found the strength to pull her hand away, moving out of the booth and gripping her backpack straps on her shoulders. Jennie looked at her with slight sadness, the other two also frowning.

"I'm really sorry. We can, uh, just hang out later. At the movies." Jisoo said. That seemed to calm Jennie a little bit- the smile creeping onto her face filling Jisoo with warmth. Jennie finally nodded, and Jisoo sent them all a parting wave before she quickly turned and crossed to the exit, leaving the diner in a matter of seconds.

She ran around to the side of the building to the alley way, pulling her backpack off her shoulders along the way. She looked up and down the alley, and once she had an opening, she quickly stripped down and pulled her suit on. She shoved her bag behind the dumpster and, with a running start, shot into the air and started swinging away from the diner.

She followed the direction the sirens had been heading, shooting web after web through the buildings. She heard the gasps from people below- the photos being taken, the kids crying out in wonder and glee. She had to admit- even though someone was slandering her on the news, and other people probably didn't completely trust her yet, the people that were on her side certainly made everything worth it.

After some more minutes of swinging around, Jisoo could see the flashing lights in the distance. She amped up the speed, flipping through the air and eventually landing on a building near the scene. There were two cop cars parked below, right outside a department store. Jisoo narrowed her eyes, watching as the two police officers stood outside, guns aimed at the entrance and one talking on a walkie.

Jisoo dropped from her perch and swung to a street light closer to the scene, catching in on what the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter