Trouble

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was safe to say Jisoo woke up the next morning feeling... Overwhelmed.

A lot happened over the weekend and it was a miracle that she didn't lose her mind completely. The new mech threat was still out there somewhere- and she had no clue who was behind any of it. Her new persona could have a lot of enemies that she still wasn't aware of.

Even though she was also shot in the leg, the next thing that happened to her definitely surpassed that by miles.

Jennie is her girlfriend

Girlfriend.

Jisoo tried her best to maintain her composure, swallowing down the bubbling giggles inside of her as she showered. She did let a smile break through, though- she couldn't help it. She just couldn't believe that Jennie liked her back- and that they were together now. It seemed like it wouldn't ever happen, but it did and Jisoo couldn't be happier.

She sighed deeply and finished showering, turning the water off quickly. She pulled the curtain back and shivered from the chilly air outside. She winced when she stepped over the edge of the tub, her leg slightly throbbing as she began to dry herself off. 

Her amateur work on her leg seemed to hold up okay for now- she barely bled anymore and the wound wasn't infected at all. It would throb when she would move her leg too much, but she concluded that she should be fine after another day or so.

Once she was dried off and fully clothed, Jisoo grabbed her backpack from the floor of her room, shoving her books inside the biggest pocket. She opened the next biggest one and put her suit inside, zipping everything up afterwards and securing it. She slipped her straps onto her shoulders and just as she was about to walk outside her room and begin her walk to school, her phone vibrated.

She pulled it out of her pocket, a bright smile etched onto her face once she saw the caller ID.

"Hello?" She said when she answered. She hoped she didn't sound too eager.

"Hey! I was hoping I could swing by your house and we could walk to school the rest of the way." Jennie said through the phone with a cheery tone. Jisoo bit her lip.

"Shouldn't I be the one swinging by?" Jisoo replied, and the giggle that escaped Jennie's lips was heaven to her ears. Jisoo laughed a little in return.

"Haha, very funny. I'm already on my way there- I'll meet you outside, okay? See you soon, babe." Jennie said, hanging up before Jisoo had time to even register anything. Jisoo blinked and blushed, slipping her phone into her pocket.

Jennie called her babe.

She waited on the living room couch for another ten minutes until Jennie sent her a text saying she was there. Jisoo gripped her backpack straps tightly as she exited her house, heart speeding up at the sight of Jennie standing on the sidewalk, eyes trained on her. Jennie waved at her, which Jisoo awkwardly returned.

"How are you feeling?" Jennie asked once Jisoo stopped in front of her, her head tilted like a cute puppy. Jisoo shrugged her shoulders, light blush remaining on her cheeks.

"I'm alright, I guess. My leg is healing up well." Jisoo replied. Jennie hummed and crouched down, lifting Jisoo's pant leg without warning. Jisoo stuttered for a moment, Jennie looking over her wound in silence. She then rolled it back down and stood up, giving Jisoo a small smile.

"Looks a lot better than when I first saw it." Jennie commented. Jisoo's blush deepened, eyes casting down to her shoes in slight embarrassment. God, she was way too ing awkward- Jennie was her girlfriend, now. She needs to stop acting like some wimp with a crush. Because that crush came true.

Jisoo took a breath and lifted her head up, sending Jennie a smile back.

"Yeah, that's true." Jisoo replied. Jennie nodded once and then she motioned ahead of them, indicating they should get going. Jisoo nodded back and began walking beside the other girl in comfortable silence, their eyes on different things as they walked. Jisoo was entirely new to this girlfriend thing- she knew she could definitely reach out and hold Jennie's hand, but did Jennie want to do that? Maybe she didn't like pda very much.

She should at least talk to her, right?

"So, um." Jisoo started, and the way Jennie's eyes immediately went to her caught her off guard for a minute. Jisoo cleared and played with her backpack straps. "Last night was crazy."

Jennie hummed in agreement, and Jisoo noticed she had stepped closer to her while they walked.

"It was." Jennie said, her arm brushing against Jisoo's gently. Jisoo's heart pounded at the contact.

"Do you regret anything?" Jennie asked, her hand lightly touching Jisoo's. Jisoo's eyes widened, her hand impulsively shooting out to grip Jennie's. Jennie gasped slightly, but allowed Jisoo to tightly link their fingers together.

"I'd never regret it. I've wanted this for so long, I- I'm beyond happy." Jisoo confessed, and the blush on Jennie's cheeks didn't go unnoticed by her. Jisoo smiled a little, squeezing Jennie's hand comfortingly. "I'm just... Not used to being with someone. Especially someone as amazing as you."

Jennie blushed even more, and the girl swatted her hand at her dismissively. Jisoo laughed and pushed that hand away teasingly. This felt so comfortable- so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter