Bigger Problems

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jisoo? Jisoo? Are you okay?"

Jennie's voice sounded far away, when in reality, she was right next to her. Her words weren't registering in her brain- she was too focused on her hands, at what just happened in the cafeteria.

Her hands were shaking slightly, and Jennie had been trying to hold them- to calm her nerves, and even though Jisoo appreciated it, it wasn't doing much good. She was internally freaking out and Jisoo wasn't sure what to do at this point. Except sit on the school steps with her girlfriend and think on what she's done.

She made a man fly, today.

Jisoo took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Immediately after her fight with Jiyong, Jennie had led her out of the room and all the way outside, where they were currently sitting. It took a minute for Jisoo's mind to catch up, but she knows what went down in there. And no, her shaky hands and racing heartbeat weren't tied to any guilt she felt for the guy. He had it coming- he definitely deserved what he got.

But she got out of control. And almost the entire school saw.

"Jisoo?"

Jennie's soft voice broke through her thoughts finally, and Jisoo slowly looked up at her. She stared into Jennie's soft eyes- no judgement or cruelty in them, like she would have expected. They were gentle, and comforting, and Jisoo was so grateful for this girl.

"Jennie..." Jisoo whispered, and Jennie immediately reached out to pull Jisoo into a tight hug, burying her head into her chest. Jisoo lightly sniffled and clenched her eyes shut, taking a few deep breaths to try to calm down. Jennie's gentle touch helped her calm down, but her mind was still all over the place. She had no plan- what was she supposed to tell people that witnessed that? Where should she go?

"It's going to be okay." Jennie said, and Jisoo wished she could believe that. 

Jisoo sighed and pulled away from her, going back to looking at her hands. She shook her head and looked to Jennie, who stared back expectantly.

"Maybe." Jisoo replied. "But what do I do now? Did you see what I did, Jennie? I can't go back in there right now." She said. 

Jennie bit her lip and nodded slowly, looking away in thought. Jisoo sighed again and looked up at the sky, breathing deeply through her nose.

Her heart was still racing.

"Maybe we just need a break, okay? A lot just happened and we need to get away, for now." Jennie declared, standing up off the steps. Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows and followed suit, Jennie gripping her hand and smiling at her.

"Well? Let's go, hero." Jennie giggled, pushing her slightly. Jisoo blinked, and then blushed a little. She cleared and looked around quickly. Upon seeing no one was really around to see them, Jisoo wrapped an arm around Jennie and shot a web out, swinging them away from the school.

~~

Several minutes later, and a lot of swinging later, they ended up at Jisoo's house, at the front door. Jisoo knew her parents were out, and she'd deal with the likely phone call from school later. At that moment, it was just her and Jennie and she was now freaking out because Jennie would probably want to see her room. Damn it.

Jisoo opened the door and allowed Jennie to follow her inside, closing the door after her. She watched as Jennie took in her house, looking around in interest and awe. Jisoo her lips and blushed awkwardly, wringing her hands together.

"The inside is just as nice as the outside." Jennie commented, and Jisoo shrugged slightly. Jennie grabbed her hand and squeezed, probably trying to get her to loosen up a bit. Jisoo cleared and smiled shyly, leading Jennie around to show her the other rooms in the house. She left her bedroom for last, considering how embarrassing it would be. But she eventually stood outside it with the girl. She glanced at Jennie.

"This is the last room, and it's my room." Jisoo said, and Jennie's eyes shined with excitement. Jisoo rolled her eyes and opened the door, silently cheering at how clean it actually looked. She thanked her mother.

"It's so... You." Jennie said, the girl pulling her hand away from Jisoo to walk around the room. Jisoo crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow curiously, tilting her head slightly.

"What do you mean?" Jisoo asked, and Jennie smiled as she ran her fingers along the various drawings of her suit on her desk. Jennie shrugged, picking up several sheets of paper and flipping through them.

"I don't know. I just... I walk in here, and I immediately know that this is your room. It just has... I don't know, your vibe, I guess." Jennie said, shrugging again. She placed the papers back down and looked back at Jisoo, who was mulling over her words. Jennie walked up to her and pecked her cheek, bringing her attention back to her with a deep blush on her cheeks.

"Alright, how about we-"

"Breaking news, breaking news. There are reports of a crash on the corner of Young Street and Park Avenue. Witnesses say there's a.. Large mech?"

The girls whipped their heads over to Jisoo's laptop, which was open with several tabs of news outlets, as well as police reports about the mech threat from the day of the fair. Jisoo's eyes widened and she rushed over, moving her mouse a little before standing up straight. The mech was back.

Jisoo moved away from the computer just as Jennie went over to it, her eyes gazing at the screen in intrigue.

"Damn, you're really invested, aren't you?"

Jennie barely got the words out before she turned around and found Jisoo, all suited up, about ready to jump out her own window. Jennie blinked as they stared at one another, and Jisoo was glad she had a mask on to hide the obvious shy blush on her face.

Jisoo pointed out the window, clearing .

"Uh, I kinda have to...?" She trailed off, and Jennie rolled her eyes with a fond smile on her face.

"I know, I know. Go get 'em, Tiger. And be careful." Jennie said, quickly walking up to her to give her a kiss on her masked cheek. Jisoo nodded and with that, she shot out the window and sent her webs flying, swinging through the buildings towards the chaos.

What Jisoo stumbled upon was much more than chaos- it was complete destruction.

She landed on the side of a building, blinking wildly at the scene before her. She gulped as the mech stomped around, cars being crushed and buildings being smashed. It was a devastating mess and Jisoo's heart hammered in her chest. Police were scattered everywhere- their bullets barely doing anything to the mech. Most of them were injured and sitting off to the side, several police cars flipped over and blood surrounding them.

Jisoo took a deep breath and returned her gaze to the mech, biting her lip in concentration. It was pulling its arm back to land another blow on a floor of an office building- several people were still inside, not able to be evacuated in time.

Jisoo shot out immediately, sticking two webs on the building itself to gain a boost of speed, throwing herself towards it and sticking on a window of the exact floor.

"Hey!" She shouted, the arm of the mech just about to push forward to punch through her. But it stopped- her voice got its attention, and a crackle sounded from it. Jisoo glared at the tinted ' pit' of the mech, a low chuckle coming from the speakers from inside.

"Ah, we meet again! I knew we would." The voice said, another dark chuckle reaching her ears. Jisoo clenched her jaw, glancing back in through the window of the office floor. The people were gone now- she bought them some time, for now. 

She looked back to the mech just as it began speaking again. 

"Just give up, Spider. You're no match for me, and you know it." It threatened, and Jisoo scoffed.

"Our last encounter proves otherwise." She teased, a smirk growing on her lips. She could tell the person was frustrated- even if she couldn't see who was controlling this thing. She was ruffling it up and that's what she wanted- wanted its attention on her, so people could evacuate the area and get to safety. 

The mech let out somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter