Movie Night

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo jolted awake several hours later, the sun already setting in the sky outside of her window. She blinked several times, gazing around for a moment before she attempted to move. That was a big mistake, as pain shot from her leg all the way through the rest of her body. She winced and hissed, gripping her leg.

Right- she was ing shot.

Jisoo took a deep breath and sat herself up slowly, careful not to move her leg too much. She realized that not going to a hospital was a huge mistake- but considering her situation and the attire she was in, she really didn't want to deal with all of that mess. Her extensive research when she got home helped her clean the wound up to the best of her ability, at least. There was no bullet to pull out of her leg since it was a clean entrance and exit. It was extremely difficult to keep quiet when she disinfected the wound- the pain was excruciating, but once she wrapped the gauze around her leg and took some painkillers, she was able to fall right asleep.

In her suit.

Her eyes widened and she snapped them down to her body. She kept her suit on- without her mask, which was on the floor next to her bed. She grunted as she got out of bed as quickly as possible, limping a tiny bit over to her bedroom door and cracking it open slightly. It was silent- no sounds coming from her parents' room or downstairs. Which meant they were still out, and didn't know anything.

Jisoo sighed with relief and shut her door again, turning around to lean on it. She raised her eyes to look out her window, the pink in the sky bringing a smile to her face. She was broken from her trance by a vibration on her phone. She limped over and grabbed it off of her desk, opening up her messages. Her heart fluttered at the sight of a message from Jennie.

"Hey, where are you? Movie's gonna start soon!" It said.

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, racking her brain to figure out what Jennie was talking about. She checked the time on her phone, her eyes widening when it hit her.

Jennie. Movies. Tonight. In fifteen minutes.

Jisoo cursed under her breath and groaned when she moved, gripping her phone in her hand as she snatched her mask off the floor. She pulled it on and slipped her phone into the pocket she had sewn into her suit, making sure it was secure.

She left a note for her parents in case they came home before she did and with that, she shot out her window and swung away.

~~

She took a detour along the way towards the diner they had been at earlier that day, landing gently into the alleyway. Like the idiot she was, she forgot her backpack behind the dumpster the whole day and by now, she'd be surprised if her stuff was still there. To be fair, being shot in the leg kind of makes you forget things, okay?

She checked behind the dumpster and smiled, pulling her bag out and checking inside. Her clothes were still there, thankfully.

Jisoo pulled the backpack over her shoulders and shot a web out, beginning to swing through the city again. She checked the time as she was swinging, cursing when she saw she only had about five minutes. She picked up the pace a little, swinging and flipping through the air to gain momentum despite the sizzling pain in her leg. She desperately hoped the bleeding didn't get worse.

She flew through the night, coming to a stop on the building opposite the movie theater. She panted, gazing down below her. Her eyes picked out the three waiting on her, standing outside the entrance and looking every which way for her. She removed her mask and pulled her backpack off her shoulders, quickly changing into her regular clothes from earlier that day. Luckily, her jeans were black today- perfect for if she somehow bled through her gauze.

She grabbed her backpack and pulled the straps onto her shoulders before gingerily crawling down the side of the building. Once she landed, she smoothed out her clothes and hair as best she could and took a deep, calming breath into her lungs. 

She gripped her backpack straps as she rounded the corner, trying her absolute best not to make her limp too obvious as she crossed the street and approached the others.

Lisa noticed her first- the girl throwing her hands up in exasperation and motioning towards her. The other two looked over at Jisoo just as she reached them, an apologetic smile on her face.

"Jesus, Jisoo! Where have you been?! We've been waiting for half an hour. You're lucky we're only missing the previews. Let's go!" Lisa exclaimed, the girl grabbing Chaeyoung's hand and pulling them both inside, leaving Jisoo standing in front of Jennie with an awkward blush on her face. Jennie was smiling, a light giggle escaping her lips when Jisoo rubbed the back of her neck shyly.

"Don't worry about her. I'm glad you made it." Jennie said, Jisoo's blush deepening. She her lips and sent her a smile, nodding her head.

"Me too." Jisoo replied. Jennie motioned for her to go first, and Jisoo blinked, slight panic rising in her heart. She avoided eye contact and walked forward, jaw clenched and eyebrows pulled together in concentration, attempting to seem normal. Jennie followed her inside, and just when Jisoo thought she was doing a great job at keeping her walk as normal as possible, Jennie spoke up.

"Are you okay? You're walking kind of weird." Jennie commented, going past Jisoo to stop her and look her in the eyes. Jisoo gulped and looked back, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Just- just twisted my ankle on the way here. I was kind of in a rush, you know." Jisoo said, hoping her light joke would distract the girl. It took several seconds of Jennie staring into her eyes and trying to to determine if she was lying, but Jennie eventually smiled slightly and nodded.

"True. Well, here. Let me help you in there. We already got some popcorn for everyone, so." Jennie said, linking her arm with Jisoo's to help her walk. Jisoo breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, allowing Jennie to lead them into the theater. The last preview was playing as they entered, their eyes scanning around to find Chaeyoung and Lisa. Jennie pointed ahead of them towards the middle row, gently pulling Jisoo along until they made it to their seats.

Jisoo sat down next to Lisa with Jennie on her right, her body thanking her for finally getting off of her leg. Jisoo smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter