Aftermath

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo sat on the couch in her living room, lazily leaning her head back and watching tv. It was the day after the craziness at the fairgrounds, and although Jisoo was sore all over, she managed to make it downstairs at least.

She was waiting for the news report about the previous day. She woke up too late to watch the earliest one, so she was hoping to catch the afternoon one. Lisa had been blowing up her phone the entire time- freaking out over the other day and how the Spider saved everyone.

Jisoo lowered her eyes to the floor, her heart sinking to her stomach. Well, almost everyone.

She shook her head when her phone chimed for the millionth time, and she finally relented and reached over, picking it up off the coffee table in front of her. She expected another gibberish text from Lisa, but to her pleasant surprise, it was actually Jennie messaging her.

After Jennie had talked her ear off about the Spider and how everything went down, the girl actually asked for her number. Jisoo was a complete mess inside and out, but she managed to nod and let the girl type her number into her phone and vice versa.

Jisoo blinked, opening up the message. A smile pricked at her lips as she read it, Jennie asking how she was and what she was up to.

'I'm good, just watching tv. You?" She typed out, before hesitating. She'd never messaged Jennie before, and she was more than a little nervous. Was she being too eager? Was her message too lame? She wished she had the answers. She frowned and sighed, shaking her head and erasing the message. 'Hey! I'm alright, just watching some tv. What are you up to?" She wrote instead. It wasn't all that different from her other message- but it was better. She sent it before she could hesitate again, then dropped her phone into her lap.

Five minutes past of her sitting there in desperate agony waiting for Jennie to respond, and then the girl finally did. Jisoo snatched her phone up, eager to read the message.

'I'm doing great! I'm also watching tv. I'm waiting for the news to come on." Jennie replied. Jisoo glanced up to her tv, commercials still running on the screen. She began typing again.

'Same here. Wanna see all the commotion from yesterday!" She sent back. Just after she sent it, the commercials ended and the news started up. The first little bits were standard stuff- talking about the topics of the broadcast, which included the Spider, and then also the weather reports. Jisoo waited with baited breath as the first story began- the story about her.

She barely registered her phone chiming again, and she glanced down to it. It was Jennie messaging her again.

'It's on! I'll speak to you later, Jisoo!' Jisoo read. Her heart sank a little at the fact they weren't talking anymore, but she understood. They both wanted to focus on this story. Especially her.

"The appearance of this large machine, more commonly referred to as a 'mech', was a shock to everyone. There are no explicit reports of who could be behind any of this, but there are several suspects in the works." The news anchor said, a square next to her head relaying clips of the destruction. "Unfortunately, there were several casulties as a result of this event. Ten were found dead, and many others were injured." She said, Jisoo feeling a swirl in her stomach as some people were shown being hauled into ambulances. The clip then changed to one of her, swinging around the mech and fighting back. "However, thanks to the amazing efforts of our new hero, the Spider, most evacuations were successful. Spider, if you're watching this, we all thank you from the bottom of our hearts."

Jisoo blinked, a bright smile creeping onto her face as another clip was shown, one where Jisoo was swinging from the ferris wheel, saving Jennie from the mech. The anchor then moved it over to another person, another story being shown.

Jisoo sat there, smile remaining on her face. They were calling her a hero- they were praising her. It was what she wanted, and she couldn't be any happier.

She was satisfied with what she saw, and didn't feel like watching the rest of the news. She changed the channel a few times, eventually landing on another news channel reporting the same story. Except this time, it was slightly different.

"So, you think the Spider could be behind this?" The reporter asked, pushing the mic towards an unknown man standing next to her. Jisoo had no clue who he was, but the bottom of the screen claimed he was a witness to the even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter