Transformation

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo woke up at her desk hours later, laptop still on a page about spiders when she blinked her eyes open. She rubbed at her eyes, shaking her head at the blinding light. She ran a hand through her hair, standing up and turning her light on. A knock at her door made her jump slightly, the door opening up a crack.

Her mother poked her head in, giving Jisoo a smile.

"Hey, honey. You're finally awake. You were taking a nap when your dad and I got home, so we let you sleep." Her mother said. "Your school called. Are you feeling alright? How's your hand?"

The woman opened her door wider, making her way inside. Jisoo allowed her to take her hand, her mother frowning at the welt on her hand. Eventually, Jisoo cleared and pulled her hand back.

"I'm okay, mom. It's really fine." Jisoo said in an attempt to reassure the woman. Her mother looked at her, frown etched onto her face. Jisoo stared back, hoping she could convey how she was feeling through her eyes.

It seemed to work to some extent, because her mother finally relented. She nodded once, turning and strolling towards Jisoo's door.

"Dinner is ready downstairs." Her mother said. Jisoo nodded back, her mother walking out and closing the door. Jisoo sighed deeply, looking around for her glasses.

Jisoo paused in her search, finally realizing one thing.

She could see.

Jisoo blinked rapidly, eyes flitting around her room in confusion and wonder. She could see.

Jisoo sputtered, eyes finally landing on her glasses laying on the floor. She snatched them up, placing them on her face. She squinted, her vision immediately going blurry. Jisoo took the glasses away, her vision getting much clearer almost instantly.

Jisoo laughed in disbelief, continuously pulling her glasses away and putting them back on to see the difference. She heard a shout from downstairs, making her jump and drop her glasses.

"Jisoo, come eat!" Her mother yelled. Jisoo picked her glasses up, placing them on her desk before she went over to her closet. She placed her hand on the knob, opening up the door. She looked inside for a new shirt to wear, picking one out and closing the closet door. She tried pulling her hand away soon after.

 It wouldn't budge.

Jisoo looked back at the door, down at her hand that was on the knob. Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows, pulling again. Nothing happened.

Jisoo threw the shirt onto her bed before turning back towards the closet door. She, once again, tried pulling on her hand, but it stayed put on the knob. Jisoo huffed, placing her other hand on the surface of the closet door, pushing with all her might.

Her hand shot off the knob, a triumphant smile coming to her face as she flexed it. She went to move away from the door, only to be stopped again. By her other hand.

Jisoo looked at her other hand on the door, eyes filling with even more confusion. Jisoo pulled on her hand, trying to get it away from the door.

Without thinking, she placed her other hand on the knob again, starting to pull with both hands. 

"Come. On. Just. ing. Get. Off. The-" Jisoo pulled with all her strength, and suddenly, she flew backwards.

She landed on her bed, her closet door still stuck to her hands. Jisoo's eyes widened, the girl's shirt ridden up and her hair wild. She shook her hands around, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter