Truth

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo's ears were ringing. It was loud and obnoxious and all other sounds were completely muffled to her at that moment. She barely registered what was happening- she could only feel Jennie's hands on her arms, guiding her inside her house and onto the sofa in the living room. Jisoo sat down, Jennie's voice still fading into the background of her rampant mind.

She couldn't even relish the fact that she managed to get inside Jennie's house- the circumstances weren't at all appealing.

"Jisoo? Are you okay?" Jennie asked for the millionth time, the girl's concerned brown eyes boring into her face as she stared at the floor, avoiding all eye contact.

Was Jisoo okay? That was the question of the year, for sure.

She tried to be careful- she really ing tried. Whether she tried hard enough was up for debate, but she desperately tried to keep this hidden. Especially from Jennie. But now she knows, she's said it out loud and the words were still hanging in the tense air around them. Jisoo's mind was a complete mess- incoherent thoughts occupying the spaces in her brain. Too much white noise.

"Jisoo?" Jennie said softly, touching Jisoo's hand. Jisoo inhaled shakily, raising her eyes to look blankly into Jennie's. Jennie stared at her, her hand moving to enclose around her clenched one. Jisoo flicked her eyes down to it, tongue wetting her lips.

"H-How... How did you...?" She didn't have to finish her sentence, Jennie understood the context. The girl chuckled, shrugging her shoulders.

"I put the pieces together." Jennie said, smiling slightly. "It started when you showed up for school without your glasses." She said. Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows- that seemed like so long ago, when in reality, it wasn't. Jennie hummed and leaned back onto the sofa, sighing lightly. "It didn't take long for me to get suspicious. You, wearing contacts? As if." Jennie teased, but when Jisoo didn't react, the smile was slowly wiped from her face.

Jennie cleared and continued.

"Then the Spider- you- saved me in the alley. I really had no idea that was you at the time- but then that day in the cafeteria happened. You were so fast- and strong, too. I could feel it when you held me." Jennie explained, a dreamy look in her eyes. Jisoo gulped and blushed, staring down at her feet. "Plus, I saw those abs in the hallway. It felt, I don't know, weird that you suddenly decided to work out. I had never seen you in the gym once." Jennie said, lightly teasing again. Jisoo blushed more.

"I was never entirely sure if it was you- it was just a hunch. And the day at the carnival- you were very interested in how I 'thanked' the Spider." Jennie said, and Jisoo winced at that. Fair enough- she wasn't entirely subtle.

"And that day, you just disappeared- and suddenly the Spider was there, saving the day again. And she- you- saved me, again." Jennie's voice turned soft, her eyes landing on Jisoo's nervous face. Jennie smiled a little, leaning forward and taking Jisoo's jaw into her hand, tilting her head so they were looking at one another. Jisoo blinked at the close proximity, swallowing thickly.

"And then you were back again, right when the Spider had left. That almost confirmed my suspicions- but then two things happened that really confirmed it." Jennie said, Jisoo hanging onto her every word. "First, the Spider was shot moments after you left the diner. Could have been a coincidence, I guess- but then you showed up tonight, with a limp. I couldn't stop thinking about how it could be connected." She explained.

Jisoo gulped once more, sickness rising in her stomach when Jennie seemed to be reaching the end of her story.

"And the thing that made me go, "I know it's her."? I think you know what it is." Jennie whispered, her breath lightly hitting Jisoo's lips due to how close they were. Jisoo stared into her eyes, chest rising and falling shakily. Jennie glanced down to her lips, the girl biting her bottom lip. "I kissed the Spider that one night- to thank her for saving me. I may not have seen her face, or her lips, but I would know what those lips felt like any day. Under any mask." She paued for one agonizing minute after that, drawing it out until she finally opened once again.

"You're the Spider." Jennie finally concluded, her statement echoing in Jisoo's ears. Jennie was still holding her jaw in place, their eyes locked in a trance. Jisoo her dry lips, stomach flip flopping and her face turning pale.

She felt sick. She wasn't sure what to say- Jennie was a modern day ing detective, it seemed. She put the puzzle pieces together and came to the very real conclusion of her identity. Her secret was out, and it was the one person she wanted to keep it from the most.

She fainted.

~~

Jisoo shot up about an hour later, breathing heavily and looking around frantically. Where was she, how the did she get-

"You're awake."

Jisoo yelped and fell off the sofa she was lying on, face planting onto the floor. A muffled laugh sounded from above her, before delicate hands helped her off of the floor and back onto the couch. Jisoo shrank back into the couch cushions, Jennie standing in front of her with a glass of water and pills in her hands. Jisoo flicked her eyes all around her, before sett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter