Costume

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lisa, I have a hypothetical situation for you."

"Can you speak human, please?"

Jisoo narrowed her eyes at the girl across from her, Lisa completely oblivious to her glare as she practically devoured the chicken on her plate. Jisoo grimaced and shook her head, taking bites of her own and chewing thoughtfully. She swallowed and glanced around at the other students, before she leaned in a little closer to Lisa.

"Just listen, okay? I have something I need your opinion on." Jisoo said. Lisa paused in eating, her cheeks plump as she raised her eyes to meet Jisoo's. "Let's say, that maybe, this vigilante or whatever- if she really did have powers, or something, she should use them for good, right?" Jisoo asked. 

Lisa stared at her for several moments, before the girl chewed quickly and swallowed the chicken in . She leaned back in her seat and looked at Jisoo quizzically.

"I mean, duh. It's not every day someone could be an actual ing superhero. I mean, I'd use them to get girls and food, but I mean- we aren't talking about me." Lisa said, the girl snickering when Jisoo rolled her eyes at her. She sighed after, leaning on her arms on the table between the two of them. "Seriously, though- I'd say use them to help people. There's a lot of bad people in the world- if someone could do something to stop them, why wouldn't they try?"

Jisoo looked down at the table and bit her lip in thought, nodding her head slowly.

"And, let's say, if this person did try to do that- you think she should have a costume?" Jisoo asked, hoping and praying to God that Lisa wouldn't read anything into it. She glanced up from the table to gauge Lisa's reaction, and was relieved to find that Lisa didn't look suspicious- just intrigued of the conversation. Good.

"Hmmm, good question. I mean, depends on if she wants people to know it's her, right? But if she wants to be a super cool secret superhero, then she should definitely work on a badass costume to hide herself." Lisa said, Jisoo smiling a little at the sparkle in her eyes. Lisa was such a child.

Jisoo nodded once more, and was about to come up with another question to ask when they were suddenly interrupted by a cute voice and pink hair.

"Hey, Lisa." Chaeyoung said, waving her delicate hand at her. She waved to Jisoo next, Jisoo only nodding back and returning to her food. Lisa's eyes lit up, lips cracking into a smile.

"Chaeyoungie! What's up?" Lisa replied. Chaeyoung giggled and gestured behind her towards the cafeteria doors.

"You said you needed help with your math homework, so I thought I could give you a hand now..." Chaeyoung said, Jisoo detecting the clear nervousness in her voice. Jisoo almost laughed when Lisa fumbled out of her seat, nodding her head excitedly.

"Yeah, sounds great! See you, Jisoo." Lisa said. Jisoo only raised her hand in a slight wave as the two of them scurried off, a sly smile on her face as she played around with her food. She puffed her cheeks out, moving her eyes to look around at the other kids around her. It was crazy to think that just a day ago, she was just like any other kid here. No weird powers, no rumours circling around. Just a normal girl.

She felt the tingly sensation in her head- which she hasn't felt since the night she saved Jennie in the alleyway. Jisoo clutched her head, shaking it a little to make the feeling go away. It didn't, which prompted her to shoot her eyes around- looking for a sign of danger, or something being wrong.

Her eyes fell onto Jennie, who was talkin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter