The Bite

The Spider
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Black, blue, red. It was all Jisoo could see, her vision growing fuzzy and blurry in a matter of seconds. Jisoo shook her head slowly, blinking to try and keep her vision as steady as possible.

"Whatcha doin'?"

Jisoo jumped, smacking her head on the glass in front of her. She groaned, pressing a hand to her forehead. A laugh interrupted her thoughts, bringing her attention elsewhere.

"Do you mind?" Jisoo said, looking at Lisa. Lisa just shrugged, fiddling with the camera around her neck. Jisoo sighed, returning her gaze to the different panes of spiders. She adjusted her glasses on her face, tilting her head while she studied the creatures inside. Lisa glanced at her, raising an eyebrow at her. Jisoo paid her no mind, eyes honing in on one spider specifically- the back a mix of black and pink, swirling together. Jisoo narrowed her eyes, leaning forward to look closer.

"Thought you hated spiders." Lisa said, taking a shot of them. Jisoo barely heard her with how enthralled she was with this one spider, but registered her statement seconds later.

"I do, but this one is... Interesting. Kinda fascinating, in a weird way." Jisoo said. Lisa physically shivered at her comment.

"Okay, class. I know everyone wants to look at the wonderful spiders, but please take your seats." Ms. Son said, shooing people away from the glass. Jisoo and Lisa turned away, the pair making their way to their seats. Lisa suddenly stopped, pressing a hand to Jisoo's shoulder to get her to stop too.

"See ya, buddy." Lisa said, patting her shoulder and completely changing her direction. Jisoo blinked, watching as she weaved through the desks expertly, sliding down next to a wave of red hair. Jisoo sighed, sitting down in her spot on the opposite end of the class.

"Our lesson today is, if you couldn't guess, on spiders. But not just any spiders- these are genetically designed, super spiders!" Ms. Son said excitedly, pulling up a slide on the board behind her. Jisoo leaned forward in her seat, taking the notes immediately and looking at all the pictures.

"The genetic information from three different spiders were spliced together, making a new species of spider." Ms. Son explained, moving to a different slide. Jisoo  rested her chin in her hand, eyebrows furrowing at the images and words on the screen. She was definitely intrigued- especially when a photo showed up of the black and pink one she saw in the panes of glass earlier. She took the notes, a sharp giggle from the other side of the room suddenly catching hers, and everyone else's attention.

"Lisa, do you mind?" Ms. Son said, everyone's gaze snapping over to the girl in question. Lisa jumped, stopping her conversation with Chaeyoung and looking at the teacher. Lisa smirked a little, shrugging.

"No, you can keep teaching. I don't mind." Lisa said, several people letting out giggles at the answer. Ms. Son scowled, before sighing.

"I'm giving you a warning, for now. If this happens again, I'm moving you." Ms. Son said. Lisa nodded her head, zipping her lips. Chaeyoung was blushing beside her, everyone giggling at the two of them before Ms. Son looked away, ready to teach agai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter