03. Haven

Seventeen Drabble Colection

03. DreamvsReality!AU - Junhui x Minghao

 

   Jun makes his way into the forest; feet stepping carefully on the muddy ground as he avoids the broken branches hanging loosely on the trees. The last ray of sunlight has disappeared and the orange-purplish sky is now a black hue with the moon and a few stars shining behind thick clouds. The forest is oddly quiet today as if all noise has been engulfed in a black hole and Jun cannot help but feel that his breathing is too loud for the surrounding.

   A strong wind blows past him and his worn-out black hoodie ripples and hits his bandaged stomach rapidly. He looks down and notices that his wound has reopened; blood slowly spreads onto the white bandage. Cold air seeps into his thin clothing and into his bones, but he hardly winces even when he feels the sting on his stomach.

   The sound of a steady flow of water indicates that he is already near. Jun stops in front of a lake; the greenish water lighting the area up with its glow. He peers down onto the water and feels his breath gets taken away when he catches sight of the eye of the whirlpool at the center of the lake. 

   It swirls.

   It swirls.

   It stops.

   It looks back at him.

   Blinks.

   And smiles.

   Water splashes about the steep ground and Jun slowly turns around at the sound of soft and squeaky footsteps. A pair of big, green eyes greets him and his heart swells at the motion. 

   "I finally find you."