06. Door

Seventeen Drabble Colection

06. Jun x Minghao

Song: Kanita - Don't Let Me Go (Gon Haziri Remix)

 

   "Let's break up."

   It feels like his soul leaves with the words as he instantly feels empty and numb after he finally says the dreaded sentence out loud. He has tried to save their relationship for so long he is now tired of it. He could see the eyes he is staring at lit up at the words but the spark quickly vanish as fast as it appears.

   Just like the flicker of their love.

   The guy in front of him let out a deep sigh, though the expression on his face remains unreadable.

   Baby, don't let me go.

   He remembers the late-night walks at the park while eating snacks sold at the stalls by the road as their laughter brightened the cold night. Fingers intertwined, he had once wondered how their hands fit perfectly like two puzzle pieces.

   No, don't let me go. 

   He remembers the way his hair moved with the wind as he shouted his dream to the cloudless sky. They had rented a sports car and went on their first road trip together with the roof down. Since their destination was a quite isolated village though with a fantastic view, there was little to no cars around them. He had felt so free as warmth filled his chest when he heard him chuckling beside him on the driver seat. He had wished that moment to last forever under the blue sky and a gentle breeze greeted him as if giving him an acknowledgment that he now knows is an apology instead.

   Baby, don't let me go.

    He remembers the day he received a rejection letter from the university he worked so hard to get into. He recalls the way he had wiped his tears away gently; whispering that it's alright, that everything happens for a reason. He remembers looking up at him with tear-stained cheeks and red eyes from crying for almost two hours straight. He had given him a soft smile before leaning in and captured his lips into a sweet and slow kiss. He wrapped his arms around him and he did the same, bringing him closer into a tight but warm embrace. He remembers hoping that those arms will never let go of him.

   Please.

   He averts his gaze to look straight into his eyes and he feels his hand slowly becomes cold on his lap.

   Please

   "Alright. If that's what you want."

   His stomach sinks with each word as the chair opposite him move backward in a swift motion, scraping the floor in the process.

   "Hope you'll find someone better than me. Until we meet again, Minghao."

   He does not dare to lift his head even after his ear catches the sound of the bell on top of the door jingling. He tries to hold it in but the tear still slips down his cheek like a reminder of the loss of someone he treasures the most in his life.

   He had tried to save their relationship countless times.

   But Jun does not even want to save it once.